Which pier in New York? When do they tell us?

Asquare

We are going on a one week cruise out of New York in mid-October.  When do we know which pier they are leaving from, it says Manhattan or Brooklyn?  We have yet to make our plane or hotel reservations because we don’t know which pier…we are hoping Brooklyn.  

In my opinion it doesn't really matter which pier

We are also sailing from NY C and havent been told for August

We have a hotel booked in lower Manhattan

It is easy to reach either pier from there

Id not wait to book a hotel or plane as prices are going up fast

I don't see the need to know for sure about the pier

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Princess is normally the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.  
Look up your cruise on the port schedule and you can plan accordingly.

https://www.nycruise.com/

Thanks so much for the link!  My daughter is in the process of moving to Brooklyn and we have to check some additional luggage for her…glad that we won’t be schlepping around NYC with extra bags in tow!

It has been Brooklyn for years and years and years, pre and post covid. I never could understand why Princess does not list the correct pier they certainly do know as they make pier reservations way in advance.

Regarding the need to know the pier. There are 3 NYC airports, JFK, Laguardia and Newark. If you fly into or out of Newark that is a long and difficult drive from Brooklyn. If you stay overnight in Manhattan then it does not matter.

Again, why can't Princess get this information accurate? If we know certainly Princess knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I never could understand why Princess does not list the correct pier

Again, why can't Princess get this information accurate? If we know certainly Princess knows.

I suspect it's all about marketing - NYC probably sounds sexier to potential cruisers than Brooklyn.

RC does something similarly annoying (to me anyway)...they advertise their cruises from Orlando.

Any child old enough to know about Disney World knows that Orlando is nowhere near any ocean.

People have heard of Orlando , but Port Canaveral where they actually sail from,  45 miles away, not so much. 

45 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

In the past, if your cruise started in NYC, then they used Brooklyn (aka Red Hook).

If NYC was a port of call in the middle of a cruise, the it called on Manhattan.

Correct. If we know, Princess also knows. There is no reasonable explanation why Princess can not indicate the correct pier location in their information. Lack of accurate information is confusing to their customers, and has been going on ever since Princess first used the Brooklyn terminal for embark/disembark around 15 to 20 years ago. Totally unacceptable. 

1 minute ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I suspect it's all about marketing - NYC probably sounds sexier to potential cruisers than Brooklyn.

RC does something similarly annoying (to me anyway)...they advertise their cruises from Orlando.

Any child old enough to know about Disney World knows that Orlando is nowhere near any ocean.

People have heard of Orlando , but Port Canaveral where they actually sail from,  45 miles away, not so much. 

Princess could easily mention New York City/Brooklyn Pier or NYC Red Hook Pier. Brooklyn is part of NYC. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Also, UK cruises say, 'London' but the port is 80 miles away in Southampton.

Believe the text is "Southampton (London)" in their itineraries.  Princess does indicate the correct port.

Enchanted Princess uses Brooklyn pier to embark in October 2022. 
We are on the Canada/New England cruise, staying one night in theatre district. Booked hotel .& Hamilton tickets for Broadway show & will taxi/ Uber to ship. No need to stay near ship.