The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 9th, 2022

richwmn

Today is National Sugar Cookie Day, Call of the Horizon Day, and Fashion Day

Have you ever noticed how 'What the hell' is always the right decision to make?--Terry Johnson, Insignificance

Meal Suggestion for today - Deep-Dish Sausage Pizza
Drink of the Day - Blue Flurry
Wine of the Day - Giesen 2020 Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough) New Zealand
Destination of the Day - Mumbai (Bombay), India

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 07/10

Nieuw Statendam

Gothenburg, Sweden 10:00 - 20:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 07/10

Oosterdam

Trieste, Italy 07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Amsterdam, Netherlands North Holland eta 07/10

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Boston, Massachusetts 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0709World.thumb.png.4bb832455f912fa2a09840f13d28b8e2.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thank you for the Fleet and Daily Report.

A cool morning so far, but supposed to warm up this afternoon.  Looking forward to a visit from my mum and brother this afternoon, we can sit on the deck.

I haven't had sugar cookies in ages, guess I should make some.  The "call of the horizon" makes me want to book another cruise. 🙂  I have my own fashion, it may not be anyone else's but I like it.

I don't agree with the quote.

The pizza sounds good, but I think we'll bbq some pork chops.  I'm not sure about the cocktail but I'm sure the wine is a winner.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope everyone has something to celebrate too.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Stay safe.

• Like 36

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I think everyone can relate to the quote.

Not wild about any of the days.

Though I was born and raised in Chicago, I'm not a big fan of Deep Dish Pizza, I'm pretty sure most older Chicagoans like me would agree, it wasn't really popular until the 1970s, maybe later.

I slightly pulled a back muscle on the golf course yesterday, made it through the round but hit a few awful shots.

I need a biscuits and gravy fix so it's off to Bob Evan's in a few minutes, IMHO, Evan's has the best.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

• Like 33

Thank you for the Saturday Report, Rich.  Not big on fashion, love sugar cookies (but prefer oatmeal raisin) and an drawn to the call of the horizon.  Not sure about the quote.  Visited Mumbai once way back in 2010 on Queen Victoria.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Lamb Tagine as served on Acela Express train 2121 July 8, 2022:

lunch08.JPG.07b2020f82685a71347a0e61875ecce8.JPG

The lists still need some work but I think I have most of the highlights, and lots of errands to run today.

Today’s care list:

Buddy final days in Hospice
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Heartgrove brother discharged with extremely poor prognosis
From the rotation:
HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt undergoing rehab after serious mowing accident
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Bennybear DH with melanoma
Strength and healing for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

aliaschief in Oregon
Seasick Sailer in Hawaii
Volendam caring for refugees
Bon Voyage  Cat in My Lap  (Zaandam 7/9 to 8/13)
7 days for Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (7/16 to 8/9)
1 day for dobiemom (Rotterdam 7/10 to 7/17)
1 day for luvteaching (Westerdam to 7/17)
Welcome home Crazy for Cats, GTFCRUISER and jimgev
Mister Boston (Celebrity Summit to July  10),  and ski ww (Oosterdam to July 16)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Add photo
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 15

Good afternoon from a sunny 68°F NE England.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Interesting days.

Every day is fashion day with Pauline as she is always dressed to perfection with matching dress,handbag and shoes.

Cookies are nice especially the ones with peanuts in them.

We prefer Romana thin pizza's.

Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is the best wine.

I hope everyone is well and prayers 🙏 for Buddy @StLouisCruisersfor a peaceful and pain free last few days.

Take care and enjoy every day friends.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220709_115027.jpg

Screenshot_20220709_115105.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday Report, Rich.  Not big on fashion, love sugar cookies (but prefer oatmeal raisin) and an drawn to the call of the horizon.  Not sure about the quote.  Visited Mumbai once way back in 2010 on Queen Victoria.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Lamb Tagine as served on Acela Express train 2121 July 8, 2022:

lunch08.JPG.07b2020f82685a71347a0e61875ecce8.JPG

The lists still need some work but I think I have most of the highlights, and lots of errands to run today.

Today’s care list:

Buddy final days in Hospice
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Heartgrove brother discharged with extremely poor prognosis
From the rotation:
HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt undergoing rehab after serious mowing accident
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Bennybear DH with melanoma
Strength and healing for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

aliaschief in Oregon
Seasick Sailer in Hawaii
Volendam caring for refugees
Bon Voyage  Cat in My Lap  (Zaandam 7/9 to 8/13)
7 days for Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (7/16 to 8/9)
1 day for dobiemom (Rotterdam 7/10 to 7/17)
1 day for luvteaching (Westerdam to 7/17)
Welcome home Crazy for Cats, GTFCRUISER and jimgev
Mister Boston (Celebrity Summit to July  10),  and ski ww (Oosterdam to July 16)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

I'm pleased you got home safely and hopefully you enjoyed your cruise immensely.

Graham.

• Like 20

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report! The last time I baked sugar cookies, they seemed to be lacking something, so I've never made them again.  My husband and I are going grocery shopping in Niagara Falls this morning and we want to beat the traffic going that way, so I need to get moving.  (There is a hidden gem of an independent  store there very close to one of the most popular hotels.)

• Like 28

Good morning, everyone.

It is another beautiful morning here in northeast Ohio.  It will be a great morning for doing my laps.  I can't wait to see how much progress they made on the construction behind me.  It sure sounded like they were busy all day yesterday.  I gave up cookies a long time ago.   The horizon is calling me and I will be watching it in just 8 days.  Because of that, I am doing laundry and washing everything.  So, fashion for the next week is going to be a bit of a rag tag thing as I am putting the freshly washed stuff away in my suitcase.  

Pizza is a rare treat for me due to the carbs in the crust.  I tend to look for ones with a thinner crust, but I do enjoy the deep crust version as well.  One slice is the limit on this first one:    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/deep-dish-sausage-pizza/

1 slice: 548 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1135mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.

340127337_deepdishsausage1.jpg.0e0697ec33aa533c3adb2c5425965fa0.jpg

In this next one Valerie Bertinelli gives us her recipe for deep dish pizza along with some tips on getting the right temperature of water to activate the yeast.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/valerie-bertinelli/deep-dish-sausage-pizza-3644024

1435239294_deepdishsausage2.jpeg.1bb3eb8a295c7ad67d5b7dd71b94340d.jpeg

This last one is from Pampered Chef.   https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Main+Dishes/Homemade+Pizza/Chicago+Deep-Dish+Sausage+Pizza/1685307

2099116273_deepdishsausage4.jpg.022d12956c430a289965e40b63d1970d.jpg

I do like some veggies on mine, so I would probably add the peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc. and turn it into what we call The Kitchen Sink Pizza.  

Prayers for all who need them, especially victims of violence and injustice.   Special prayers for Daily family members facing struggles and especially Amy and Buddy.  May Buddy's last days be peaceful and comfortable.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! It is lovely, but already a warm one here. My niece & her family arrived safely, though they were delayed two hours in Atlanta. I have two assistants helping me with my post. They looked up the Meme, while I made breakfast & allowed their parents to sleep a bit later. 

I have no clue what we will do today, but I know the girls are anxious to get in the pool. 😎

Today’s smile comes to you from Lyla & Cara. I suspect  Lyla, who is 11, understood the joke & convinced Cara, who is 6, to agree with her.

7E386AB8-2D17-4720-A497-B269AF59EF4E.jpeg.6441443738de5dcfdd88626f3f72290a.jpeg

Lyla & Cara joined me in praying for all who need our support. They loved cheering for everyone celebrating. And they join me in hoping that everyone stays well. 

Giesen 2020 Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough) New Zealand

The very reasonable price of this very good - excellent rated New Zealand wine makes it an easy one to try. Some of the commentary is interesting. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $9.99.

Winemaker Notes

Fruit is chosen from these two renowned Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc regions to create delicious, expressive wine. Fruit from the Wairau Valley brings bright tropical fruit underlined by acidity. Awatere Valley fruit provides richness and depth with notes of herb and a dry finish.

Giesen winemakers suggest pairing the Estate Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc with Thai green chicken curry and fresh coriander.

WW90 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
COMMENTARY: The 2020 Giesen Sauvignon Blanc is an excellent effort. TASTING NOTES: This wine exhibits aromas and flavors of dried herbs, tart grapefruit, and savory spices. Pair it with steamed mussels over al dente pasta. (Tasted: January 11, 2021, San Francisco, CA)
WS90 Wine Spectator

This mouthwatering white offers passion fruit, pineapple, peach and Key lime flavors on a sleek and juicy frame. Drink now.

WE89 Wine Enthusiast

Once the reductive onion and seashell aromas blow off, the pungency of this quintessential Marlborough Sauvignon remains. The wine also offers citrus and tropical fruit along with more vegetal ones like shelled peas and tomato leaf. The palate shows a lovely balance of freshness and textural weight

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

Happy Saturday Dailyites!  Off to fetch donuts (formula 1 tradition) however I will be working most of the day, so will be back sometime...also there is nothing to eat in the house.  Must shop.  a0cb2ac8b27ab7dd598e8de91aa18cf5.jpg

Have a great day!

• Like 27
  • Haha 8

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

My brother's discharge was delayed yesterday due to not having the equipment available for him at home. Hopefully today! In two weeks we head back to Chicago for my niece's wedding and I will see him again at that time. A plus is that gas prices should be lower for this trip.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning,  thanks for the daily fleet report.  We are back in Boston.  We will leave the ship in a few minutes.   I enjoy sugar cookies and deep dish pizza.  No idea what's for dinner but I'd be surprised if we cook today.   

20220709_060108.thumb.jpg.9b7eb5e4b2c4d53cab0b6e8f22d679d9.jpg

• Like 35

A very good Saturday morning to all of you.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Roy for the lists.

I hope everyone has a great day.  

Weather wise it does not look too promising here.  Yesterday we were lucky.  We were only home a few minutes when the skies opened up.  

I like the days.  Love Sugar Cookies, but really don’t eat many of them.  The Horizon is always calling and would love to be cruising right now.  Fashion Day.  Always like to look my best.  Then again, I am of the mind that there really should be a Fashion Police.  I often wonder when I see some people, what were they thinking when they are wearing the clothing they have on.  Did they look in the mirror?  What did they see?  Do they have a mirror?  Any way.

I love the quote.  I’m not sure that “What the hell” is always the right decision to make, but it’s not always the wrong one.  We all have to take chances in life.  Or else, where’s the fun!

Not a big fan of deep dish pizza and I really only like cheese on my pizza.  Or else it is too heavy.  Also this Italian girl never knew it another way.  In Italy they laugh at us with all this stuff on the pizza.

I’ll pass on the drink—no hard liquor.

Maybe the wine.

Prayers for all on the cares list.  

Buddy-that he may remain comfortable and pain free during his last days,

Curt with poor diagnosis

@Heartgrove prayers for your brother

@bennybear prayers for your DH

@Cruising-alongprayers for your niece.

And my prayers for each and every one of you each day.  Because you make my day brighter.

Cheers to all celebrating and cruising.

Happy Saturday and God Bless.

Terri

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends!  A beautiful start to our day but more thunderstorm chances again later today.  We had several thunderstorms yesterday.  High of 90F expected.  

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Fleet Report and Daily this morning.  The deep dish sausage pizza sounds good, and I like the first one Debbie @dfishpresented.  However, I really prefer a thinner crust.  Beggars can't be choosers though so I'll take a tiny portion of that deep dish pizza, please.  Sugar cookies remind me of Christmas.  Fashion day is great but don't expect me to wear anything fancier than workout capris and a T-shirt today.  Call of the horizon reminds me of a cruise, too.  The sauvignon blanc sounds good to me.  Mumbai, India is a port I haven't been to and don't have any plans to do so.  It was last noted here on Aug. 8, 2021.  

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor today's lists.  Nice to hear you are home safely and have more cruises booked.  Prayers for all who need them, and especially for Buddy and Amy and family.  Thank you Roy, Debbie, Terri and Graham for your warm thoughts and prayers today.

Cheers for all who are celebrating happy events.  Ann @cat shepardhave fun with the family and I hope the girls get to swim as much as they want today.  

We're staying home today, doing laundry and just hanging out essentially.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon from a hot Kingston!  So often when we have visited England, we have brought a heat wave, and this visit is no exception!   It was 27 yesterday , and I think even warmer today.  I am not enjoying the walking even though the river is very interesting.  I did over 12,000 steps yesterday, and I’m paying for it today. I am taking it easy today, Pat will go for a walk and check out the train station and the bus depot.  We are going to take the train to New Malden to visit one of Pat’s old friends from many years ago.  Yesterday we had lunch with Pat’s cousin John, at the French Table in Surbiton.  A delicious lunch, but we couldn’t get taxis and all the walking just about killed me!

The wifi in the hotel is very intermittent, and a lot of the time I can’t “like” or post, but I’m thinking of you all.  I’ll try to give you a glimpse of all the goodies we have been eating.  

In Gander - moose stroganoff and “DutchBaby”

D983E041-21CE-4CC9-81B2-E272DE097729.thumb.jpeg.0e4fea702084a4cccc313a29aecb1f84.jpeg

5F8EEDF9-B182-4D93-B136-91C5908DD3E2.thumb.jpeg.9113b38b6f7c70717d6b6888772f7426.jpeg

At the French Table,  lamb, vegetables and a crème caramel for dessert 

F3F90C8E-0753-4DE3-8B7C-9F8A74028153.thumb.jpeg.71c4fe9f3e3092e811958659d5504466.jpeg

F6C167ED-4005-438C-86B3-149BDA412835.thumb.jpeg.a56073332a6677bef0f7aab378e83ad9.jpeg

0F00C652-57E8-4387-A0CB-8EB4A03D1ACB.thumb.jpeg.db0f069b7d0668478d8b9becc7b0d25a.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 8

Blue Flurry cocktail:

Ingredients
1/2 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
1/2 part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
3 parts Pineapple Juice
1/2 part Cream of Coconut
4 parts Ice
Shredded Coconut

Instructions
In a blender, blend ice, pineapple juice, blue curacao, vodka and cream of coconut until desired consistency is reached.
Rim the glasses: Pour a thin layer of corn syrup onto a plate and dip the rims into the corn syrup, then dip in coconut flakes.

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 8.36.40 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

Good morning. It is hot already here but at least I got a decent  dog walk in.Tomorrow I am taking both dogs to the dog sitter as we will be leaving for our Massachusetts  getaway  My DSIL has planned a BBQ with my niece and nephew as well as their children and the famous Camilla. We will join my DS and family at their Cape rental Monday afternoon. I am so excited but a little nervous leaving home at this time.

We have someone staying in my side of the house with Tana as it woud be unsafe otherwise.She has a lot of difficulty  with mobility due to her breathing issues. Of course DD is here as well as DSIL.I think ( ha ha) my control issues are showing as I am worried  about how it will go. Tana assures me she is still capable of ordering  people around when necessary!

We have not been to the port,I avoid cookies in general  and prefer thin crust pizza.

@rafinmd,I am glad you are home safely and happy that you have more cruises to take.

Terry

• Like 31

13 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is hot already here but at least I got a decent  dog walk in.Tomorrow I am taking both dogs to the dog sitter as we will be leaving for our Massachusetts  getaway  My DSIL has planned a BBQ with my niece and nephew as well as their children and the famous Camilla. We will join my DS and family at their Cape rental Monday afternoon. I am so excited but a little nervous leaving home at this time.

We have someone staying in my side of the house with Tana as it woud be unsafe otherwise.She has a lot of difficulty  with mobility due to her breathing issues. Of course DD is here as well as DSIL.I think ( ha ha) my control issues are showing as I am worried  about how it will go. Tana assures me she is still capable of ordering  people around when necessary!

We have not been to the port,I avoid cookies in general  and prefer thin crust pizza.

@rafinmd,I am glad you are home safely and happy that you have more cruises to take.

Terry

I’m so glad you are going away and getting a break.  You really deserve it.  Have a wonderful time.

Terri

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1