Earliest time to get off Carnival horizon in POM

sds

Hello My flight time has once again been changed I currently have a 1025 am flight leaving MIA on Saturday july 23rd I have seen that there is 5 ships disembarking that morning my time on my itinerary says 8 am what is the earliest anyone has been able to disembark recently I.e. 2022 from a carnival ship if I carry my own bags off. I have never been to Mia so I am flying blind with that process any help would be appreciated 

It's possible to walk off with your luggage by 7:30- 8:00 or so.  The airport is about 15-20  minutes away at the time, and is generally empty of passengers as well.  It becomes a zoo by 10AM.

I've used diamond walk off and been to MIA by 7:30am numerous times. Hopefully the OP has security clearance to zip thru airport lines since he'll be arriving later than I would have.

35 minutes ago, sds said:

Hello My flight time has once again been changed I currently have a 1025 am flight leaving MIA on Saturday july 23rd I have seen that there is 5 ships disembarking that morning my time on my itinerary says 8 am what is the earliest anyone has been able to disembark recently I.e. 2022 from a carnival ship if I carry my own bags off. I have never been to Mia so I am flying blind with that process any help would be appreciated 

My opinion is, I would not take the chance. Todays flying anything can happen to cause a delay. Have had flights changed by the airline on a few occasions to an undesirable time. Found another flight later in the day with a higher fee. Told the airline rep what happened,  that I wanted to be switched to that flight with no extra charge. Was switched with no charge. Worth a try with your airline, we fly Southwest.

Thank you everyone for the responses unfortunately I dont have pre screen. Rolloman do you how many ships were disembarking that day by any chance. Also where did you go to get off at 630 please bear with me I am attempting with a group of 5 so I want to be as precise as possible on the process

This actually the second time JETBLUE did this to me on this trip I initially had a flight out of fll at 1150 they cancelled the flight then moved it to 345 pm. I asked them to move me to mia which is closer but they have since moved the flight up again crunching the time I have alloted to get out of POM to MIA. i could on wish for a delay at this time lol it would help my cause 

POM, and MIA are the reason that we always stay an extra day at our disembarcation ports.  That airport is an absolute ZOO on ship days.  The people coming IN and the people going out.  If you don't make it off early, make sure you have lots of patience with you. 

Yeah I agree but remember I did not do this the airline did I am looking for some insight from someone else who had dealt with this type of situation and what they did to resolve it unfortunately the next flight is 7pm ish from mia

We stepped off Horizon at 7:30a last Sunday and were in the security line at MIA at 8:15a. Carnival knew that we had an early flight and left a note in our room that we could debark as soon as they called the first group. We were sweating it before the cruise, but it was fine. 

Depends on the sailing.  Ships simply do not return to port or be cleared to disembark at the same time every sailing.  There is an estimate of what happens the majority of the time and then there is everything else.

4 hours ago, sds said:

Yeah I agree but remember I did not do this the airline did I am looking for some insight from someone else who had dealt with this type of situation and what they did to resolve it unfortunately the next flight is 7pm ish from mia

1)  With the flying nightmares these days, I would switch to the 7pm and maybe if you got to the airport early enough change back to the 10:30.  If you are stuck to 7, you could get a hotel day pass and at least enjoy the day. :)  https://www.resortpass.com/hotel-day-passes/Miami-14  

2)  Call your airline and see if there are better flight times leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale, a 40 minute ride or so from Miami.  You can get a cheap shared shuttle to take you there.  They will be parked outside the Miami port when you debark.  https://www.ridesas.com/html/returningcustomers.php

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sds said:

Thank you everyone for the responses unfortunately I dont have pre screen. Rolloman do you how many ships were disembarking that day by any chance. Also where did you go to get off at 630 please bear with me I am attempting with a group of 5 so I want to be as precise as possible on the process

I believe there were four in port that morning. Terminal D is where Horizon docks...midport. I would not worry about how many ships are in port. With facial screening the debarkation process is a breeze. 10:30 AM flight should not be a problem.

Edited by rolloman

Carry off and straight to the taxi line and you should have no problem catching a 10:25 at MIA.

We all wish we could grab a cheap direct flight at the perfect time but that is seldom possible. Sometimes price and convenience dictate we make a skinny connection. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I will do what most do not do here and that is a follow up.  My ship docked with all other 8 ships I carried my own luggage walked to the customs cameras (which make the debarkation process really quick) out to taxi spot got a van taxi for 5 of us for 27 plus tip went through check in process at MIA and security and was sitting by 835 ish all in. I walked off ship at 710- 715 ish. If you are focused and just stay on task this can be achieved by anyone. Happy travels to everyone I am off to plan my next trip.  

• Like 4

On our February Horizon cruise self-debark began at 7 a.m.  If there is no medical emergency, bad weather or customs problem you should make the 10:30 flight.  However - do you really want to stress after a cruise if something happens to delay debark?

• Like 1

One other note.  If you contact quest services while on board and advise them that the airline has changed your flight and you have a super early flight they "should" allow you to be in the first group of people that get off (like with Diamonds, etc.).

I have seen this happen several times before.

• Like 1

We usually try to get a flight out between 12 noon and 200 pm.  If it's later then it'll be a day pass hotel or an overnight and fly out around 700 am the following day.  When we come back into PC in March, it was cheaper to stay over with the am flight the next morning  instead of a 330 pm flight on disembark day.