Oasis: boardwalk view or park view?

51 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

We did Central Park balcony on the Wonder in April...no noise issues and great to sit on the balcony at night with music in the air and all the lights.

Did they stop playing movies at night? I know there were many complaints. 

56 minutes ago, 4everAfamily said:

Did they stop playing movies at night? I know there were many complaints. 

Movies were done by around 10.30pm...most noise we got was from late afternoon bands and then it was great to listen to when getting ready for the evening with the balcony door open...close the balcony door and it was very quiet.

• Like 1

Unless you get a nice balcony discount for your C&A status, a Cp view on deck 9 or BW view on deck 7 are a good option. They are priced with the inside cabins. 

Downside to BW view is they are also way at the back

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4everAfamily said:

On Wonder the is no tranquility for the CP balconies because of the giant movie screen above. They played movies till 2 am every night. We were on the second sailing and my dad had a CP 29 balcony, which he was excited about, but that quickly faded the first night. 

Thanks for the info.  I had no idea they moved the screen to that location on the Wonder.  Glad we are booked on the Oasis and not the Wonder (not that I would ever book the Wonder because it only has one Flowrider for that many passengers).

16 hours ago, loman said:

BW over a CP . I had a BW on my first Oasis cruise several years ago .

I was 5 from the back on deck 9 . I had an ocean view and aqua theatre view.

Noise wasnt an issue for me and if you are mobile the walk is ok.

I booked it for the novelty , but i booked an oceanview balcony moving forward.

That big slide may block some views now .

Allure didnt get the slide yet , so views will be better on that ship .

The BW views have been significantly reduced with the ugly purple slides.  I much prefer the Allure boardwalk for that reason.  There is no doubt the value of the BW balconies has been reduced to some extent.   However, If you don’t mind the walk, BW balconies in the back still give you some nice views at a price that can be much lower than an OV balcony.   If considering all options, I’d definitely pick based on price differential.  Sometime it is small and sometimes it is large.  If I could save 300-500 per person by doing a BW balcony instead of OV, I’d go that direction in a heartbeat. 

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Unless you get a nice balcony discount for your C&A status, a Cp view on deck 9 or BW view on deck 7 are a good option. They are priced with the inside cabins. 

Just don't get on the wrong elevator for deck 7 with a BW cabin😁

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Don’t you get the balcony discount for all balconies including CP and BW?  Been a while since I’ve had a neighborhood balcony, but I think I remember the CA discount applying to them as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Don’t you get the balcony discount for all balconies including CP and BW?  Been a while since I’ve had a neighborhood balcony, but I think I remember the CA discount applying to them as well.  

Yes, that's what I was referring to. The neighborhood balconies are often cheaper than insides with a $200+ balcony discount applied

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, that's what I was referring to. The neighborhood balconies are often cheaper than insides with a $200+ balcony discount applied

Understand now.  Yes.  They can be a fantastic deal in that regard.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just don't get on the wrong elevator for deck 7 with a BW cabin😁

That is definitely a rookie type mistake.  First time we went on oasis we had to go up and back down.  I think we make that mistake later in cruise, but we were definitely under the influence at that point.  😂😂

Edited by topnole
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I noticed when looking for price drops and perusing all the different categories last night that CP and BW view inside cabins are $150 more than an oceanview balcony (on my Thanksgiving Symphony cruise).

I was wondering if that was normal or not, I guess not. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

1 hour ago, topnole said:

That is definitely a rookie type mistake.  First time we went on oasis we had to go up and back down.  I think we make that mistake later in cruise, but we were definitely under the influence at that point.  😂😂

I've seen people go forward to cross over🤣🤣

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I noticed when looking for price drops and perusing all the different categories last night that CP and BW view inside cabins are $150 more than an oceanview balcony (on my Thanksgiving Symphony cruise).

I was wondering if that was normal or not, I guess not. 

Maybe they were connecting cabins. Big premium on those sometimes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I passed up the balcony discount for my September cruise to try out either the CP or the BW (I went with CP). For my June cruise I went back to the OVB. 

• Like 1

I have stayed in both CP and BW balconies several times and love them.

They sometimes can be a little warmer, or less airflow.

I also have done OV balcony on Oasis class ships but still prefer CP or BW.

My upcoming Allure cruise next month is a CP balcony.

I’m just happy cruising, any balcony will do.

Did an inside once...never again!

Cheers!

10 hours ago, topnole said:

The poster who you were replying to was talking about CP and BW "view" cabins.  These are listed as interior cabins, but are more spacious and have a window, not a balcony, so they do not qualify for the balcony discount.

• Thanks 1