The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 15th, 2022

richwmn

25 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

There are several people whom we haven't seen on the Daily for a while.  Besides @St. Louis SalI've been wondering how Connie @msmayor, her DD and DGD are doing?  And what has Julia @JAM37been up to lately?  I hope we will hear that all are well and enjoying life very soon.

Last activity:

@St. Louis Sal July 1

@JAM37 June 21

@msmayor May 20

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I would be OK with the meal and the wine would probably be good with it, but I'll skip the cocktail.

I don't think that pet stickers on the doors would help here, because firefighters wouldn't be able to find the Junior Cat. Sometimes I can't.

My presentation yesterday went well; only a few people, as expected, but they participated enthusiastically.

I have a question with little or no relationship to cruises, about home decor and furnishing. I'm thinking of replacing the double bed in my guest room with a daybed or futon, to open up space for exercise equipment (which can be folded up and moved out of the room when there are guests). My thought is that a futon is more comfortable for sitting, but daybed is more comfortable for sleeping, which will be the predominant use in the room, other than looking nice. What is your experience with either?

We have a day bed in our guest room with a trundle bed that slides under it.  While it's not great for sitting, it provides a place to sleep for two people.  It also gives the room more open space.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 15

I have a futon, and the original mattress was wonderful to sleep on, but it was assembled incorrectly and when I went for a less expensive, less fluffy mattress, oi! the bed was most uncomfortable, so I got one of those foam pads, and every one who sleeps on it says its fine.  Next time I wont be so cheap. I still think it sleeps like pookey.  My friends have a wooden futon, and that is their bed, and they love it.

@lindaler,  next time you raise a sunk boat, think of it as something other than a boat.  I had one at my old house, shot several times and sank at a gold course, friends raised it for me and I used it as a perineal planter. (good drainage) .  One man's floor is another man's ceiling. or visa versa.😸

Well all that talk about Rick Steves, and his shows this week have been on Greece. Serendipity.

Currently reading the book Classical Greece.  Learning all sorts of things.  Like maybe I should have paid better attention in history class.

My next cruise is in 59 days.  At what point do I tell my new, rather spiteful boss, I'll be gone for 12 days?  DH and I decided that we would book two excursions, and wing it everywhere else.    Grand Turk is easy to wing, Key West is somewhat easy to wing, and Grand Cayman, well we winged it once, did major excursion once, might not get off the ship this time around, except to get our passport stamped.

DH's doctor from yesterday called him today.  She and his oncologist have decided that he needs to have the place in his mouth biopsied.  Well, you know that is going to hurt.

299ecd287afb4e94bb0959eecbdac873.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Greetings on this sunny Saturday,temperature 10 C. A pleasant change to have a day with blue sky and no clouds.  When  I returned from my walk this morning discovered that the neighbours in the house below, had cut out another tree, so we have an improved view down across the city.  Today the Pacific ocean is a beautiful deep blue colour.

Thanks for all the daily reports,  Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island was among ports of call during our Australian  Circumnavigation Cruises, the first time the seas were too rough to tender ashore, the next cruise, DH went ashore, but I stayed on board, watched the tenders bouncing along on their journeys.

@kazu thank you for the message about your toe, hope it will soon heal. Congratulations on winning the Liquor Basket.

@bennybearthank you for sharing more photos of your lovely garden.

@Cruising-along Hope all goes well for  your DH's Colonoscopy.

@marshhawk were you given a date for your Dh to have the biopsy?

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2