48 hours or 2 days?

Hi. Departing from Barcelona on a sunday. Does that mean you can take a PCR/antigen test anytime on friday? Have heard some say 48 hours before boarding time, while others  say 2 days. Which are correct?

Edited by Cruiscs

13 minutes ago, BND said:

Nowhere does Royal say 48 hours.  Everything says 2 days.

In some Facebook groups people have said Royal said 48 hours. Even my TA recommended me to do it within 48 hours. 

12 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

In some Facebook groups people have said Royal said 48 hours. Even my TA recommended me to do it within 48 hours. 

Up to you who to believe, Facebook, Your TA or Royal themselves ….

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/how-do-i-figure-out-when-to-get-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

It’s days, not hours 😀

Edited by kw1816
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

Hi. Departing from Barcelona on a sunday. Does that mean you can take a PCR/antigen test anytime on friday? Have heard some say 48 hours before boarding time, while others  say 2 days. Which are correct?

It’s 2 days and it can be LFT not PCR test 

3 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

First I think if you have your 3 shots you have 3 days. Leaving Sunday you can get your test on Friday. that is two days. Friday over Saturday. Saturday over Sunday. Two days.

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, kw1816 said:

Up to you who to believe, Facebook, Your TA or Royal themselves ….

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/how-do-i-figure-out-when-to-get-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

It’s days, not hours 😀

I received this today from RC via email regarding my upcoming cruise:

Testing
Pre-cruise
All guests ages 12 and up, regardless of vaccination status, must present a negative COVID-19 test result from either:

• An antigen test taken no more than 48 hours prior to sailing
  • A PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to sailing.

I went on an Artic circle cruise in June and was checking in for my cruise everything was fine until the covid test results . The guy said i was outside of the 48 hour window and need to call over a supervisor to ask what to do .  I got my test done at 10am on the Saturday and was boarding in Amsterdam at around 2pm . I asked what would happen if they didn't accept my test he said they would have me tested . I have been on 3 cruises this year and this was the only time i had problems with the test . I did get on without needing another test but it was worrying waiting .

Edited by eightofninekev

7 minutes ago, eightofninekev said:

I went on an Artic circle cruise in June and was checking in for my cruise everything was fine until the covid test results . The guy said i was outside of the 48 hour window and need to call over a supervisor to ask what to do .  I got my test done at 10am on the Saturday and was boarding in Amsterdam at around 2pm . I asked what would happen if they didn't accept my test he said they would have me tested . I have been on 3 cruises this year and this was the only time i had problems with the test . I did get on without needing another test but it was worrying waiting .

Someone not in the know.