Live- Summit 7/17 to Bermuda

tulok

56 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Mind if I ask, how long before you sailed did you receiving your BTA email approving your travel?

Were you required to upload your pre-cruise covid test? Per the BTA website it seems you no longer have to but per Celebrity's pre-cruise testing instructions it makes it sound like you still must upload.

Thank you!

I got mine July 9 8:30 am for the 17th sailaway. They process in order of pending sail date.

b

Day 2: We had a good dinner in Cosmo yesterday. It was slow but we weren’t in a hurry.  Slept well with our 6 pillows. My DH asked for a body pillow and they gave us a cooling pillow and body pillow.  We are near the aft and there was a bit of vibration last night nothing that woke us up. I am a light sleeper anyway.  

The chair hogs were in full force this morning. There was flamingo clips everywhere. I went to the gym at 630a this morning and passed clips on the front rows.

I wish I would have experience Celebrity before Covid. Or not in the summer. We just are not experiencing a different crowd then NCL. So far river cruising is still my favorite of any of the ocean lines we have been on.

Back to report: Wi-Fi on my phone has need horrible. iPad is better.

We are on deck 8 and once again I would say it is a good deck.  

Martini bar ran out of TItos last night. Asked for Pearl instead and the bartender had never heard of Pearl. It’s in their display case for the bar. He laughed and said he can’t touch the display. 

The pool area at 1030a is getting packed. People are not finding chairs.

There are a good number of kids. Well-behave and having a good time.

Now I can get my iPad to work, I will post better. Thank you to those on this cruise that took up my slack.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Do you mind checking how many Peloton bikes are in the gym? I only saw one in your photo. Wondering if the others have been loaned out to suite guests for in-room use.

There are 4  - there's 3 against the wall, plus the one right by the window OP has posted. You need to make a reservation but they are free to use. As the week goes on, they were more lax about the reservations as most people ditch the gym after Day 1 🙂

11 minutes ago, psuboater said:

There are 4  - there's 3 against the wall, plus the one right by the window OP has posted. You need to make a reservation but they are free to use. As the week goes on, they were more lax about the reservations as most people ditch the gym after Day 1 🙂

Reservations!? That's actually a pretty good idea, especially if there's high demand. When we were on the Millennium last summer there was no one on the ship, so it wasn't needed.

That said, I did get in trouble after hopping on a bike only to have the gym headphones fail mid-ride with Cody, meaning I had to listen via the bike speaker. Another passenger turned me in to the staff after he started vocally encouraging people to "shake your <redacted female body parts>" during a climb. 🤣

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, psuboater said:

Thanks so much for posting a Live Report.    I'm so excited to follow as we will be sailing out of Newark in 20 days.  It is helping me survive the next couple weeks and sail vicariously with you.

A couple questions from our very active roll call -    Do they have any Apple products in the Internet Cafe and if so are they all older versions.

Are they still serving food in Ocean View or have the shifted to self serve. 

Thanks again.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks so much for posting a Live Report.    I'm so excited to follow as we will be sailing out of Newark in 20 days.  It is helping me survive the next couple weeks and sail vicariously with you.

A couple questions from our very active roll call -    Do they have any Apple products in the Internet Cafe and if so are they all older versions.

Are they still serving food in Ocean View or have the shifted to self serve. 

Thanks again.

Haven’t wandered up to their Internet cafe- I’ll try to get there. Right now it’s 5:25 and we are waiting for our pressed clothing from laundry- we were assured it would be back by 5 today. We weren’t going to dress for chic night early- but plans changed when we got the invite to meet ships officers in the Retreat Lounge.

btw. When we had watermelon in buffet, it was served to us. It wasn’t lunch yet.

b at sea

13 hours ago, BratDet said:

Haven’t wandered up to their Internet cafe- I’ll try to get there. Right now it’s 5:25 and we are waiting for our pressed clothing from laundry- we were assured it would be back by 5 today. We weren’t going to dress for chic night early- but plans changed when we got the invite to meet ships officers in the Retreat Lounge.

btw. When we had watermelon in buffet, it was served to us. It wasn’t lunch yet.

b at sea

I had a long post typed on my phone, but seems to have gone poof…I see they moved internet down to 3 from deck 6- so I’ll check it out after gym & breakfast.

Yesterday we shared a dessert at lunch- Black Forest revisited, it was sooo good we asked to have it at dinner and they put two aside. We got our pressed clothing at 5:30, dressed quickly and went to retreat lounge to meet the officers, had drinks. My Hubbie had two Cosmos that hit him hard, we were kinda. We never got the usual pic, photographer never came to us nor in Luminae. Really odd. We skipped the show called Life as we’ve seen it, went to bed by 10. Trying to decide gym or breakfast first. My Garmin showed my lowest stress level in weeks. 

b at sea

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BratDet said:

b at sea

I had a long post typed on my phone, but seems to have gone poof…I see they moved internet down to 3 from deck 6- so I’ll check it out after gym & breakfast.

Yesterday we shared a dessert at lunch- Black Forest revisited, it was sooo good we asked to have it at dinner and they put two aside. We got our pressed clothing at 5:30, dressed quickly and went to retreat lounge to meet the officers, had drinks. My Hubbie had two Cosmos that hit him hard, we were kinda. We never got the usual pic, photographer never came to us nor in Luminae. Really odd. We skipped the show called Life as we’ve seen it, went to bed by 10. Trying to decide gym or breakfast first. My Garmin showed my lowest stress level in weeks. 

b at sea

463F0A8D-38D7-4C15-A9C6-725D995B119F.jpeg

27D73A27-74AF-4ACA-92EA-41E3612940E3.jpeg

0C5E1D6D-CAE8-4486-A102-F93C445A985D.jpeg

• Like 1

When you go down grand foyer staircase, go left. 5 Apple computers there. Oddly sanitizing wipes are by each station- but no trash can in the area. We did breakfast first. Seems with the time change, people slept in. We’re recovering from breakfast before heading to the gym. There nothing on our agenda for the day. I started a 420 page book yesterday & just finished it. Gonna hang out on the retreat deck later. 
b at sea

24C57FAC-8340-4C77-A6CF-51628C6A7C2A.jpeg

10614ECF-E40B-433E-95B4-DC711D5237F0.jpeg

22 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

WHAT!!??  Out of Tito's?!  I really appreciate the LIVE reviews!

ETA:  I just checked and Pearl is on the Premium List.  I have the Premium Drink Package.  

I have the premium also but couldn’t find it. They had Tito's last night. Whew!

• Like 2

Day 3: Windy, windy, windy. Got outside by 900am to get 2 deck chairs and all downstairs were saved. This is ridiculous. Inside the atrium pools, all saved. The top had some in the back. Not so happy this morning.

I heard 2 women talking at breakfast that they couldn’t save their spot from yesterday because a group got up before them at 6.

Went to the silent disco party last night. You have to experience it. It was so much fun and we stayed until midnight enjoying the time. That’s late for me.

To answer the bike question, there are more in the classroom and they told me if a class is not in there, you can use them also. 

We have been eating at MDR in the evenings and it has been good, servers good, wine on the premium is Elegance which is fine. I like Kendall Jackson’s reds.

Probably 1% using masks. We haven’t been in the theater so can’t tell you anything about that. I haven’t heard anything about covid on board and it doesn’t seem like anyone is missing. lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tulok said:

Day 3: Windy, windy, windy. Got outside by 900am to get 2 deck chairs and all downstairs were saved. This is ridiculous. Inside the atrium pools, all saved. The top had some in the back. Not so happy this morning.

I heard 2 women talking at breakfast that they couldn’t save their spot from yesterday because a group got up before them at 6.

No towel police I'm guessing either.....I would however bet that if you return to the pool area around noon you'd probably have a better chance finding something.  People who get their sun in early will move on by lunch.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Our experience was that the shaky wifi turned the peloton into just another exercise bike.

My iPhone works great up there, it’s it’s on the premium wi fi it might be perfectly fine.

b at sea

I’m waiting  at looooong line for cafe Al bacio after I stopped to enquirer about an ABC cruise. Already did gym and frozen mango daiquiri.So looking at cc  helped pass the time.

35 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Our experience was that the shaky wifi turned the peloton into just another exercise bike.

That's surprising. During my experience on the Millennium, the video quality would vary, but I never got a the spinning buffer icon in any of my classes.