Laundry Special - Fill a Bag

aroy11462

Does Celebrity still do a special on ‘ all you can fill laundry bag “ on a 10 day cruise.  If so around what day would it be done?  I want to work out most days, but would like to limit amount of clothes I bring.  Thanks advance.

Edited by aroy11462

• aroy11462 changed the title to Laundry Special - Fill a Bag

We were on an 11 night cruise in April on the Eclipse.  My memory is that the "stuff a bag special" wasn't offered .   But in full disclosure  we are Zenith members of the Captain's Club so don't pay a much attention as we should to laundry offerings.

51 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

We have them as we are Captains Club Elite and are very useful. Be warned do not send delicate clothes or things with a loose weave as they will shrink ! Did not notice until we got back home.

Did your clothes shrink or did you grow? Amazing how many of us blame the X laundry for struggling to get into clothes post cruise!

Seriously, agree, you do need to be careful about what clothes you put in. My rule is usually only put in the bag items you would put in a hot mixed wash at home. They also come back folded so no good for items that crease.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, aroy11462 said:

Does Celebrity still do a special on ‘ all you can fill laundry bag “ on a 10 day cruise.  If so around what day would it be done?  I want to work out most days, but would like to limit amount of clothes I bring.  Thanks advance.

Got off the Beyond a couple weeks ago (has it been that long already?) and we got the bag option twice during the cruise.

One item did come back with a hole in it so yeah, nothing too delicate or anything you’re too worried about.

8 hours ago, sergel02 said:

Got off the Beyond a couple weeks ago (has it been that long already?) and we got the bag option twice during the cruise.

One item did come back with a hole in it so yeah, nothing too delicate or anything you’re too worried about.

How long was your cruise?  Interested because we have a 12 day planned and want to do carryon only so the laundry situation is important.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tinaincc said:

How long was your cruise?  Interested because we have a 12 day planned and want to do carryon only so the laundry situation is important.

It was 9 days. 
Admittedly it was cheaper to go with the per item cost than the full bag the 2nd time. 

5 hours ago, tinaincc said:

We finished our 12-night cruise last week. The laundry bag offer came on Day 6. The charge, as mentioned, was $49.95, but with our tier level (only Select), it was somehow reduced to $20. I didn’t question it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’ve had really good luck with the ship laundry service. Super quick turnaround. This past March and November filled a bag, marked it in several place “ please wash cold water only”. No shrinkage issues at all.

Our cabin steward even brought back one of my tops (before washing) to show me that there was a tiny hole in it by the makers label and wanted to know if we wanted to have it washed - in case the hole got bigger. They were being super careful. Very conscientious! 

• Like 4

I often bring a plastic bag ( like the ones you get when clothing shopping) and put the clothes in that and then in the paper bag.  Able to fit more in without ripping the bag.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, vickykay said:

I often bring a plastic bag ( like the ones you get when clothing shopping) and put the clothes in that and then in the paper bag.  Able to fit more in without ripping the bag.

Excellent tip! I’ll be doing that for upcoming 9 and 12 night cruise. 😀🛳

51 minutes ago, vickykay said:

So, you're talking about a regular plastic bag you'd get from say Macy's or Walmart?  I'm kinda confused on this one!!!!!

3 hours ago, vickykay said:

Great idea!  I can typically get SO much into the bag, I treat it like origami,  but starting with plastic is a great idea!

We were on Beyond on the July 2 cruise.  I checked daily, and found no reference to a laundry special.  We were in a sky suite, so on day 5 (of 9) after not seeing it referenced yet again, I called our Personal Retreat Host.  She sent over a bag and said to write "Laundry Challenge" on the slip.  I don't know if anyone could do it at any time, but I just did what she said and was charged $49.95 less 10% for my Classic level discount.  I never did see it advertised anywhere the entire cruise (and I read everything left in our room).  Perhaps it was offered and our stateroom attendant missed placing it for us.

Edited by moneeman
  • Like 1

Not offered on 10 day criuse in June on Summit. We used our free elite plus laundry offers.  With a 3 day return, it isn’t much.  You cannot use on the first day or the last 3 days. The items that I listed to be ironed weren’t. The clothing was returned folded, but rather dingy looking.  Washed it out when I got home. Just another way that Celebrity is cutting back.  If I take another Celebrity cruise, I will not use the laundry.  

28 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Not offered on 10 day criuse in June on Summit. We used our free elite plus laundry offers.  With a 3 day return, it isn’t much.  You cannot use on the first day or the last 3 days. The items that I listed to be ironed weren’t. The clothing was returned folded, but rather dingy looking.  Washed it out when I got home. Just another way that Celebrity is cutting back.  If I take another Celebrity cruise, I will not use the laundry.  

We always send out laundry the first day as we arrive to port several days early, and have done so on many, many cruises.  We also have sent out laundry up to 2 days before ending.  They don't iron your clothes unless you pay extra and don't claim to.  The clothes are washed in hot water and dried in a hot dryer for sanitary reasons unless you tell them otherwise (or so I've been told, haven't tried that).  We have been sending laundry out for years, on literally 30+ cruises, and only one item was ruined - a pair of black socks was faded.  Your choice of course, but we will continue to send out our washable clothes - t-shirts, underwear, pj's, etc.  

I'm always a little afraid that the laundry sent out will come back shrunk as this has happened with a pair of jeans but I do like the idea of putting on the bag "cold water wash only". I'll use that on the transatlantic in October.