Brilliance of the Seas has Disappeared from the Mediterranean from May to September in 2023.

Did hear back from my TA.  She hasn't heard anything other than vague comments, but she says she believes it's a re-deployment due to lack of interest, compared to Serenade cancellation, and said she would let me know when she receives the compensation letter (said as if there's no hope and done deal).   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mtempelaar said:

Did hear back from my TA.  She hasn't heard anything other than vague comments, but she says she believes it's a re-deployment due to lack of interest, compared to Serenade cancellation, and said she would let me know when she receives the compensation letter (said as if there's no hope and done deal).   

"sigh".......  nothing else really jumps out at me to switch to.  Bummer.  

On 7/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, sowhat said:

That's  not my experience,  the flight price from  Birmingham  to Barcelona  to sail on Wonder  was £ 370 each,  could not find a cheaper  flights without  staying  extra  days in Barcelona  with additional  cost, which  was more expensive.

LGW BCN one way incl 23kg of luggage £64 with EJ. 

15 minutes ago, Beth and Bailey said:

"sigh".......  nothing else really jumps out at me to switch to.  Bummer.  

I've been on 6 med cruises so far.  I picked our itinerary because my husband hasn't been to any of the places and there's one stop still on my bucket list.  There's nothing standing out for October, which is a most likely swap for us.  There's maybe 2 cruises in Sept that almost meet our needs but I don't think they would be offered.  😔  Add in that price jumps have been going on and switching to something we'd want would be a reduction in category with a higher price tag.   I'm going to roll with it and likely swap, but I would have chosen Celebrity for next year if it hadn't been for our current booking's specific price and itinerary.  Now those prices have skyrocketed.  Too late.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mtempelaar said:

but I would have chosen Celebrity for next year if it hadn't been for our current booking's specific price and itinerary.  Now those prices have skyrocketed.  Too late.

Find a travel agent that has group rates with Celebrity.  Those rates get locked in and do not change.  There are still deals out there.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mtempelaar said:

Wish they’d tell us sooner rather than later so we can book something else. I have an MSC sailing out of Piraeus that I booked us as a S2S with Brilliance. Maybe we will spend a week on a Greek island if this is dropped. 

8 hours ago, little britain said:

LGW BCN one way incl 23kg of luggage £64 with EJ. 

A lot of its to do with how early you book. We booked a flight with BA into Rome and back from BCN 9 months prior for £77 return.  Looking at a last minute cruise on Wonder last May the flight 10 days prior was over £250

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Just checked  LGW to BCN  for the 7th August  2022 on Easy Jet
Flights £ 777.92
Parking £ 132.99

Screenshot_20220723-092026_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220723-085018_Chrome.jpg

Surely the parking costs would come into play for a transatlantic flight too. 
Someone commented that it was cheaper to fly to the US to cruise, that to fly within Europe. 

I'm booked already on the 04/29/2023 TA from Tampa to Rome and a friend wanted to join me.  I looked it up and alas, nothing on RC's site.  I emailed my TA and this was my response.  What this means I'm not exactly sure.  

Good Afternoon,

Just heard back from my inside people and they said “the sailing is closed for maintenance” and that there is no other information.  Not at all sure what that means but they said to keep checking which is what I will do.

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Surely the parking costs would come into play for a transatlantic flight too. 
Someone commented that it was cheaper to fly to the US to cruise, that to fly within Europe. 

It was me and I use the Aircoach from Belfast to Dublin so no parking required  ut an additional £22.50

My last DUB-BCN roundtrip was £257 but I was able to get a multicity DUB-FLL then BCN-BFS for a TA for £330. For me the sailings from US are always a lot less expensive compared to Europe

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle
  • Like 2

Flights within Europe for the rest of this summer became just so expensive because the airlines and airports have issues with finding enough staff and had to cancel a lot of flights. E.g. Heathrow requested airlines to cancel flights and to stop taking more bookings. This is not the norm. Flights between cities like Barcelona, Rome, London, Amsterdam or Copenhagen have always been below 100 Euro if you book early. 

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Flights within Europe for the rest of this summer became just so expensive because the airlines and airports have issues with finding enough staff and had to cancel a lot of flights. E.g. Heathrow requested airlines to cancel flights and to stop taking more bookings. This is not the norm. Flights between cities like Barcelona, Rome, London, Amsterdam or Copenhagen have always been below 100 Euro if you book early. 

Never book  early , cruises might  be cancelled,  ie Voyager, Serenade  and possibly  Brilliance.
Always  book  a month  before  the sailing and flights the same  day.
Always works for us. No cruises cancelled,  no FCC and no waiting  for money to be  refunded.
Also no double point cruises.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Never book  early , cruises might  be cancelled,  ie Voyager, Serenade  and possibly  Brilliance.
Always  book  a month  before  the sailing and flights the same  day.
Always works for us. No cruises cancelled,  no FCC and no waiting  for money to be  refunded.
Also no double point cruises.

I booked last Dec for upcoming October cruise and that was £60 one way incl luggage

I booked in May for September and it was £220 return incl luggage for same EJ flight. 
Booking early saves money! 
I was waiting for VCE next May to

open up… but don’t think I’ll be rushing to book! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

I booked last Dec for upcoming October cruise and that was £60 one way incl luggage

I booked in May for September and it was £220 return incl luggage for same EJ flight. 
Booking early saves money! 
I was waiting for VCE next May to

open up… but don’t think I’ll be rushing to book! 

Like I said, only when the cruise  is definitely  going sail I will book, not like the Brilliance  at the moment.
Royal Caribbean  needs the money more than  I need to give them donations.

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

Like I said, only when the cruise  is definitely  going sail I will book, not like the Brilliance  at the moment.
Royal Caribbean  needs the money more than  I need to give them donations.

Instead you’re inflating the profits of the airlines by booking expensive flights. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Instead you’re inflating the profits of the airlines by booking expensive flights. 

We were  going to book Anthem 2 weeks  before  sailing in a gty balcony  cabin  for a good price,  sailing on 24th July but waiting for passport  and work commitments stopped  us.
No flying but driving to Southampton, 

17 hours ago, springaussie said:

I wonder if Brilliance is off to China?

They could easy sell the cruises in the Chinese market at short notice.

Run a Panama Canal cruise to the West Coast then run no passengers to Shanghai! 

Why deadhead it?