Riviera bed size

GVcruiser

I dug out one of my catalogs (the 2023 Europe and North America was handy), and found the following under Stateroom Amenities (p. 87):

"King size bed (cannot be converted into twin beds) for Owner's, Vista, and Oceania Suites on board Marina, Riviera, & Vista and queen-size bed for all other suites and staterooms ...""

Edited by AMHuntFerry

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I dug out one of my catalogs (the 2023 Europe and North America was handy), and found the following under Stateroom Amenities (p. 87):

"King size bed (cannot be converted into twin beds) for Owner's, Vista, and Oceania Suites on board Marina, Riviera, & Vista and queen-size bed for all other suites and staterooms ...""

Close but no cigar. At least in the veranda cabins, the two singles are put together with a topper.” It results in a bed that is somewhere between a queen and a king (closer to a standard Queen found in the US). 

We had a concierge veranda on our June Riviera cruise.  Two beds pushed together with a topper that took the seam away.  It was at least a very solid queen.  We had no issues.

Edited by DENIE

Asked about the size of beds on Riv standard cabins (non suite) whilst on Sirena. The O future sales lady told me that all beds are kings (unless separated for singles).

58 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Asked about the size of beds on Riv standard cabins (non suite) whilst on Sirena. The O future sales lady told me that all beds are kings (unless separated for singles).

Depends on where you live 😉

Our king is 80 in wide

while the O  beds are close  they are  a bit smaller 

Then you have USA king beds  different again

12 hours ago, DENIE said:

We had a concierge veranda on our June Riviera cruise.  Two beds pushed together with a topper that took the seam away.  It was at least a very solid queen.  We had no issues.

Same here (Riviera A4 Veranda 12/21). We sleep on a king at home, so this was a bit smaller but not an issue on the cruise.

19 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Pretty sure O has not changes bed sizes. Sadly, the fact that one cannot have 2 beds in a suite means we will never book a suite. We will happily settle for a verandah cabin

1 hour ago, goletans said:

Pretty sure O has not changes bed sizes. Sadly, the fact that one cannot have 2 beds in a suite means we will never book a suite. We will happily settle for a verandah cabin

Book  a PH   if you want more room

22 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They are 2 European singles pushed together  in the  regular cabins I believe the same for PH suites

Size chart 

https://www.oceaniabedcollection.com/shop/oceania-cruises-bed-collection-tranquility-mattress/

Are those the same sizes sold for home use as are on the ships?  For some reason, I thought on the ships, the beds might be slightly smaller.  (We never measured!)

GC

59 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Are those the same sizes sold for home use as are on the ships?  For some reason, I thought on the ships, the beds might be slightly smaller.  (We never measured!)

GC

Well I guess the ones onboard must be smaller  according  Marians measurements

I have not actually measured them  just thought they would be the same size they are selling online