Lanyards Needed ?? Help Leaving Early Tomorrow a.m.

Just make sure it’s one that doesn’t require a hole punch. There is another thread on here that talks about the RFID chip that is implanted in them.

Edited by NayRN
Typo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, hallux said:

if you don't have a pocket for the card you will need a lanyard, yes.  @NayRN has the rest covered.

Thanks! I would have posted the link to the thread…..but I sure couldn’t figure out how to do that! 😬

26 minutes ago, NayRN said:

Thanks! I would have posted the link to the thread…..but I sure couldn’t figure out how to do that! 😬

I was going to help by linking it but I can't find it, and I even participated in it!

48 minutes ago, hallux said:

I was going to help by linking it but I can't find it, and I even participated in it!

NCL Cabin/Ship Card 

This is the title of the thread…..

Edited by NayRN
Typo

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

Apparently some of you aren't aware of the very annoying fact that women's clothing doesn't always have pockets.  It can be *so* inconvenient!

Grrrrrr!

GC

I always pack a small shoulder bag for necessities, such as glasses, camera, etc. and stick the key card in an outside pocket.

• Like 5

Personally, have never liked the look of lanyards.  Again, it’s personal but always felt like a “dweeb” when I wore one (which is why I don’t, anymore).  But, I tend to be the odd duck when it comes to that.

However, I do like this.  It allows me to carry a credit card, my passport card and my sea pass card with me at all times.

https://bellroy.com/products/phone-case-3-card?color=terracotta&material=leather_viroblock&size=i13pro#slide-0

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Apparently some of you aren't aware of the very annoying fact that women's clothing doesn't always have pockets.  It can be *so* inconvenient!

Grrrrrr!

GC

^^^ THIS ^^^

No pockets, or else a stupidly shallow pocket on the side seam if you're really lucky, but will cause the card to drop out every time you sit down 😠

I have a jewelry-style lanyard that doesn't quite have such an industrial-chic vibe, I get a lot of compliments on it.  https://www.amazon.com/LUXIANDA-Elegance-Lanyards-Necklaces-Stainless/dp/B06XCTLHG9?ref_=ast_sto_dp 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Personally, have never liked the look of lanyards.  Again, it’s personal but always felt like a “dweeb” when I wore one (which is why I don’t, anymore). 

Totally agree.  Looks like your attending a work conference.

That said, if you don't have pockets, you'll need something. 

Instead of cards, Virgin Voyages uses bracelets that have radio chips in them.  That's a neat innovation that would make it easier for most if NCL ever adopted it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Just dawned on me. Do we need lanyards to carry our NCL key cards?

What do you guys do? 

I'll go to Target real quick if I need to. 

Do you "need" one, ahhh no, but if you want one, by all means run out and do a Target run or just use a pocket

21 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

LOL...not sure why I'm getting laugh emojis but those are a real thing.   We had to have the breakaway feature on our lanyards at work.

https://www.pdc-big.com/lanyards/feature/safety-breakaway-lanyards

I get it! We are only allowed the breakaway lanyards at work as well! Too many fools out there who want to choke nurses and physicians with their lanyards!

Necessary, no.  Convenient, yes.  I have a lanyard and different "holders" that I use depending upon where I am.  Onboard I just have a slim card holder for a key card.    When I go ashore I have a small zippered wallet type holder which can carry my key card, passport card, credit card, cash, & change.  I wear them inside my shirt so no one can see them (yes, they look geeky, but we are senior citizens who ARE geeky).  My husband has a men's equivalent so that we're not dependent upon pockets to hold everything.

• Like 1