Your Favorite Beer That's Available On A Royal Ship?

7 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Unfortunately PBR today is not the PBR back in the day. Not brewed in Milwaukee anymore either. But I have a crew mate who sits in a local pizza joint that service beaucoup craft on tap and nurses PBR,🙃

True. Now they are headquartered in San Antonio, and it's brewed all over the world. I haven't had one in many years and you're right; it probably doesn't taste the same.

13 minutes ago, JKHawaii said:

I recently "spent" most of my C&A "coupons" on the Newcastle Brown Ale on tap at the Ale & Anchor on the Independence of the Seas ................... also on tap @ O'Sheehan's on NCL.

Unfortunately, Royal Caribbean's choice of brews is most likely dictated by the masses.  I frequent BJ's Bar & Grill, which has a zillion beers on tap, and more often than not, people within earshot order Bud Light or some other light beer.

Wasn't on tap when I was there two weeks ago😪

11 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Unfortunately PBR today is not the PBR back in the day. Not brewed in Milwaukee anymore either. But I have a crew mate who sits in a local pizza joint that service beaucoup craft on tap and nurses PBR,🙃

Local pizza place back in Atlanta had PBR tallboys for $2 on Tuesday nights. Also $5 off a large pie. Shorty's in Tucker

Just now, crewsweeper said:

Touche!!

It's hard to keep track of which breweries  are owned by whom as different brands are sold, purchased, co-owned, distributed by another ,etc

Pretty sure 97% of the beers in the world is owned by one of three companies.

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Tecate ("It's not beer, its' cervaza" is their slogan) is a fine, easy drinking Mexican beer that is sometimes can be found in Boleros.  Never saw it in Sabor or Rita's Catina back in the day.  Always found that to be odd.

Owned by Heineken.

That's the trend, big boys are buying up everything 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's hard to keep track of which breweries  are owned by whom as different brands are sold, purchased, co-owned, distributed by another ,etc

Pretty sure 97% of the beers in the world is owned by one of three companies.

Beer is very big in China. Who knew

Screenshot_20220725-125104_Google.thumb.jpg.b98a13629c09ec63d94ed5e0b7590aa6.jpg

Really surprised how big Carlsburg is. That's my go to in Copenhagen 

Izumi can have some interesting beers

Edited by John&LaLa

For all you value concerned Floridians, Publix carries these 25oz beauties for $1.89

20220725_125715.thumb.jpg.c2c3d371e0290b6543cdb91c7a4b895c.jpg

Started drinking them when I agreed to limit myself to one beer per quarter during Saturday afternoon football 😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Beer is very big in China. Who knew

Not me.

Also missed that MillerCoors is now MolsonCoors.

As you said earlier, it's tough to keep up.

My favorite: Pilsner Urquell - Brewed only in Plzeñ, Czech Republic - The Original Pilsner.

It is sometimes hard to find on Royal but I find it easier on the Med cruises, or the TA's back to the US from the Med.

Thanks for asking!

Reading this thread made me nostalgic when growing up in Wisconsin so I put together some images of beers tht were very popular during that time. Most are still around but owned by different companies....

image.thumb.png.a3ce614b5d6ee108b64d0c3c0814f658.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Tecate ("It's not beer, its' cervaza" is their slogan) is a fine, easy drinking Mexican beer that is sometimes can be found in Boleros.  Never saw it in Sabor or Rita's Catina back in the day.  Always found that to be odd.

Owned by Heineken.

Not a fan of Tacate.  I’ll drink it, but I’d pick many others first.  

6 minutes ago, bandect said:

My favorite: Pilsner Urquell - Brewed only in Plzeñ, Czech Republic - The Original Pilsner.

It is sometimes hard to find on Royal but I find it easier on the Med cruises, or the TA's back to the US from the Med.

Thanks for asking!

I haven't had one of these in a long time. I'll keep my eyes peeled....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Local pizza place back in Atlanta had PBR tallboys for $2 on Tuesday nights. Also $5 off a large pie. Shorty's in Tucker

I jam occasionally in Tucker but have never tried Shorty's....

None.  I would not even drink all but one or two of the beers even if they were free.  Guiness is fine if I am eating soda bread or something.  Stone IPA is fine.  Pilsner Urquell if I want something watery...I mean, a pilsner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bandect said:

Thanks for asking!

Staropramen was my go to beer when I stayed in Prague.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Brick oven pizza. On Lawrenceville Hwy, west of Brocket

Oh, that's only about a mile from where we jam at Colossus Pizza. I haven't jammed there in a couple years though because it's almost an hour from where we live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baelor said:

None.  I would not even drink all but one or two of the beers even if they were free.  Guiness is fine if I am eating soda bread or something.  Stone IPA is fine.  Pilsner Urquell if I want something watery...I mean, a pilsner.

The Paulaner is a fantastic beer.  Granted you aren’t going to down a bunch of double bocks, but as I said fantastic.  

3 hours ago, spooky981 said:

If you like light beer then Royal Caribbean is the place for you. They have a great selection of beers that unfortunately are only very subtly different.

Blue Moon is about as dark and flavorful as their selection gets though. You have to go to Playmakers where they have a bunch of fun stuff on draft to find anything interesting.

I know you jest.  

But seriously.  

Try the Paulaner double bock for a very robust beverage.  If you want to enjoy several beers have the Modelo Negra.  It is a very nice dark Bavarian style beer.   There are options in the Pub.  If you like them, ask your bartender at a different bar to see if they can stock a few for you.  That has worked for me in the past.  

11 minutes ago, topnole said:

Try the Paulaner double bock for a very robust beverage.

Thanks for the rec; I was unaware of it since it is not listed in my menu!  7% ABV is generally my minimum just based on the beers I like to drink, so nice to know there is a somewhat strong beer at 8%.