I've a bad feeling about this.

pathi

So I am booked on Sapphire 9/24 out of Los Angeles. This booking still shows in my personalizer with all payment info etc present. The issue is that this cruise has not shown up on the Princess website in about 3 weeks.

Cruise is about 64 days out.

If this is cancelled when can I expect a notice?

Or do guys think it is sold out? I thought you could waitlist even if it is sold out.

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Hmmm. It's there, just shows "currently unavailable". Don't know why it would be that way for 3 weeks.

Interesting. If I search by ship I see this. But if I don't specify ship, just month and California coastal it does not show at all.

16 minutes ago, pathi said:

Interesting. If I search by ship I see this. But if I don't specify ship, just month and California coastal it does not show at all.

They may be doing updates. They usually do a lot of updates on the weekends.

I still show it listed on the port of Los Angeles schedule.

Recheck it in a day or two.

37 minutes ago, pathi said:

So I am booked on Sapphire 9/24 out of Los Angeles. This booking still shows in my personalizer with all payment info etc present. The issue is that this cruise has not shown up on the Princess website in about 3 weeks.

Or do guys think it is sold out? I thought you could waitlist even if it is sold out.

This is the first cruise for the restart of the Sapphire.  Just recheck the website next couple of days.  It may be sold out.

5 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

Maybe they don't want to take any new bookings, being the first cruise - shake down cruise, hence limit the capacity.  I doubt it is sold out.

True. Maybe showing sold out just to control capacity. 

1 hour ago, pathi said:

I'm on this cruise with my brother & SIL as well and I've been watching this. The cruise is not sold out. It was either last Monday or Tuesday, there was lots if interior availability on all decks/locations then the next day, it showed "currently not available".

I don't have a good feeling also. The previous cruises before ours were canceled I heard due to staffing issues with visas. Not sure if that's still the case or not. Also, the RT Hawaii cruise right after ours has been showing the same thing and the folks on the roll call there are really concerned as well.

I'm expecting the worse, but hoping for the best and looking for alternative cruises.

The Sky Princess 11/12/22 sailing has been showing as "Currently Not Available" for a couple of weeks now. Not sure why but I find it hard to believe the ship is sold out in July. My TA was told Princess had put a cap on bookings due to crew staffing issues. Not sure I buy that either.

I just logged into Polar (TA booking site) and the first 2 sailings for Sapphire are waitlisted for every category, so it is either sold to capacity or they are thinking of cancelling those first two and stopped further bookings. I hope it is the former for those of you booked on it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pathi said:

So…..have you called the cruise line (or your TA if approrriate)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carefreebee said:

The Sky Princess 11/12/22 sailing has been showing as "Currently Not Available" for a couple of weeks now. Not sure why but I find it hard to believe the ship is sold out in July. My TA was told Princess had put a cap on bookings due to crew staffing issues. Not sure I buy that either.

I’m on that same cruise and have been watching closely.  Getting very concerned because this was our last chance to use  our cruise credit from our cancellation from March 8, 2020.  You know the weekend the US shut down.  

I don't think calling will do any good as the people at Princess will just say "it is sold out".

I would worry that it would be cancelled. I think it is too late to do a ship swap.

I think you have reason to worry.

• Like 4

Just now, muffin said:

If they cancel, one suspects they will have to give you extended time to use your credit. I mean……really! 

It would be unreasonable to keep to 12/22 deadline. I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They may be doing updates. They usually do a lot of updates on the weekends.

I still show it listed on the port of Los Angeles schedule.

Recheck it in a day or two.

3 hours ago, pathi said:

When our ship was changed and swapped, the TA was notified first, then followed by an email from Princess.

But, I heard from our roll call first.

So, as @Bgwestsuggested…I’d call

my TA, CVP or whomever you booked it through.

52 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

So…..have you called the cruise line (or your TA if approrriate)?

The phone reps don't know anything and they certainly aren't going to say it's canceled even if they know it is until it's officially announced.

There were a couple of people on my roll call that called and the reps/TA's said it was fine but didn't know why its showing "unavailable".

• Like 3

There's also a possiblity the Sapphire has some past pre-pandemic problems that require a dry dock that they had hoped to delay, but seeing as in early December she heads off to far away South America for the season, it's a possibly a last-minute dry dock space has opened up during this late September time frame and Princess has decided to correct any issues once and for all before returning her to service. .. Perhaps a lesson learned from the Crown's current problems (?)

Just another speculation of course....

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 1

When we flew into LGB last November from ATL to sail on the Majestic, we saw pricing change quite a bit too. We ended up cancelling EZ Air, and booking Southwest on our own, with a change of planes in Denver. We prefer LGB over LAX for many reasons.

1 hour ago, srpilo said:

There's also a possiblity the Sapphire has some past pre-pandemic problems that require a dry dock that they had hoped to delay, but seeing as in early December she heads off to far away South America for the season, it's a possibly a last-minute dry dock space has opened up during this late September time frame and Princess has decided to correct any issues once and for all before returning her to service. .. Perhaps a lesson learned from the Crown's current problems (?)

Just another speculation of course....

Or it is possible they don't have enough crew to staff the ship.

• Like 1