Booked Haven Suite on Epic - so angry before even leaving

ASD19001

5 minutes ago, KateQ22003 said:

Wait, aren't some of your guests sleeping in the living room? Near the table? And you want the butler to set up for breakfast? That's just creepy.

LOL!  I think you are confusing Princess Margaret with the OP though.

12 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

For example, one of my favorite Haven features is having the butler quietly set the table for breakfast with a white tablecloth, hot, fresh French press coffee and warm almond croissants while I am still sleeping - and then waking me on his way out.

Wow!  You must be a bigger tipper than my buddy @complawyer🤣

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Travelicious said:

Other than the butler, won't the person in the balcony room still get Haven perks?  Personally, I'd probably rather be in a balcony room by myself than sharing one cabin with 4 other people.  

This, all day long. 

In cruising, like life, things sometimes go wrong. This thread is a perfect example of that.

What I've seen here:

#1 - People who look at a situation and immediately go to "compensation"

#2 - People who look at a situation and try to make the best of it. Call it the "silver lining response".

But what I find interesting is another group, #3 - People who look at a situation and then crap on/put down the people in #2 above...as though they've done something wrong for daring to, as the saying goes, turn lemons into lemonade.

For the OP...I hope things go well. Don't over-obsess, just try to make the best of it. Also...seek out and speak with the GM onboard. Explain the situation...and then let them do what they do. I think you'll find them very responsive and willing to help smooth things out as best they can.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

In cruising, like life, things sometimes go wrong. This thread is a perfect example of that.

What I've seen here:

#1 - People who look at a situation and immediately go to "compensation"

#2 - People who look at a situation and try to make the best of it. Call it the "silver lining response".

But what I find interesting is another group, #3 - People who look at a situation and then crap on/put down the people in #2 above...as though they've done something wrong for daring to, as the saying goes, turn lemons into lemonade.

For the OP...I hope things go well. Don't over-obsess, just try to make the best of it. Also...seek out and speak with the GM onboard. Explain the situation...and then let them do what they do. I think you'll find them very responsive and willing to help smooth things out as best they can.

You forgot to add Group #4 -  people who tell others that they should NOT be upset or even be posting about their situation when they are clearly just venting. (Especially when we know if it happened to THEM it would be a COMPLETELY different story 😂. ) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

How do you have the exact same experience if you are in a balcony cabin? For example, one of my favorite Haven features is having the butler quietly set the table for breakfast with a white tablecloth, hot, fresh French press coffee and warm almond croissants while I am still sleeping - and then waking me on his way out.  Awesome vacation experience. Not happening while you are sleeping on a balcony.

. . . . 

Shiver. That would totally creep me out. Guess I am not Haven material!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, pcakes122 said:

You forgot to add Group #4 -  people who tell others that they should NOT be upset or even be posting about their situation when they are clearly just venting. (Especially when we know if it happened to THEM it would be a COMPLETELY different story 😂. ) 

Honestly, I would love an extra FREE balcony room on my next booking..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pcakes122 said:

Right, but after reading dozens of posts from people who booked many into a 2 bedroom haven cabin and are desperate to book an additional cabin for folks to sleep in, but want them to have heaven privileges, and are willing to pay for both cabins, and discovering it’s not possible, it seems nuts that someone is angry to be given a free balcony cabin and all get to keep the perks. I just can’t imagine couch guest will be upset.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Right, but after reading dozens of posts from people who booked many into a 2 bedroom haven cabin and are desperate to book an additional cabin for folks to sleep in, but want them to have heaven privileges, and are willing to pay for both cabins, and discovering it’s not possible, it seems nuts that someone is angry to be given a free balcony cabin and all get to keep the perks. I just can’t imagine couch guest will be upset.

I agree. We were in the 2bd Haven Suite last week on the BA. As you can see from the photo the sofa in the LR does NOT fold out - the mattress is the sofa cushion. It is the size of a small twin bed. Also, a butler setting up coffee or breakfast would definitely wake up/embarrass anyone sleeping on the sofa;

IMG_0750.thumb.jpeg.9965bd1c531f8cf7a276d1a03c187510.jpeg

The other bed in the small bedroom is only a double. As you can see from the picture it is a small double bed in very tight quarters. Both of my daughters would have preferred to sleep in a "real" bed rather than on one of these "couch" mattresses. 

IMG_0889.thumb.jpeg.1b4403b7684c78907a4e425d5ebf8e2f.jpeg

• Like 4

Seems like the OP has left this lively thread! I have really enjoyed some of the responses : )

@HBCcruiser's photo's would hopefully convince the OP that NCL did them a huge favor but adding a balcony room at no charge. I think they will understand how right NCL made it up to them once they see the set up of the cabin. Much more comfortable to have the extra room (at no cost) plus Haven perks!

OP be happy not angry! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I agree. We were in the 2bd Haven Suite last week on the BA. As you can see from the photo the sofa in the LR does NOT fold out - the mattress is the sofa cushion. It is the size of a small twin bed. Also, a butler setting up coffee or breakfast would definitely wake up/embarrass anyone sleeping on the sofa;

The other bed in the small bedroom is only a double. As you can see from the picture it is a small double bed in very tight quarters. Both of my daughters would have preferred to sleep in a "real" bed rather than on one of these "couch" mattresses. 

IMG_0889.thumb.jpeg.1b4403b7684c78907a4e425d5ebf8e2f.jpeg

I only see that working for a couple with one extra adult, or two smaller kids...not even teens.  

59 minutes ago, prov2727 said:

Shiver. That would totally creep me out. Guess I am not Haven material!

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that at this point about 90% of us don't believe that ever really happened.  That's okay.  Fully utilize the booze package and dream whatever wake-up dreams you want to! The only nightmare is when you wake up and realize you have to have your butt totally off the ship in an hour or two.  😡

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I only see that working for a couple with one extra adult, or two smaller kids...not even teens.  

100% agreed. It was me plus my 2 adult daughters in the suite last week. Me and DD1 in the master and my younger DD in the second bedroom. Five years ago we were in a similar suite with 4 of us. My mom in bed 2, me and DD1 in the master, and my youngest DD on the LR sofa. She made me PROMISE her that she would never have to do that again (it was that bad). I upheld my promise. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that at this point about 90% of us don't believe that ever really happened.  That's okay.  Fully utilize the booze package and dream whatever wake-up dreams you want to! The only nightmare is when you wake up and realize you have to have your butt totally off the ship in an hour or two.  😡

Ok so I must confess that we actually had our butler drop off coffee every morning during our cruise. Of course NO ONE was in the LR at the time! All bedroom doors were closed and she snuck quietly in and out. Stealth. 🐀

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Wait.  The sofa in the 2 BR Haven on Breakaway doesn’t pull out?  It’s just… this with the back pillows removed and a sheet thrown on top?

uh oh. 😬

Just now, raitch said:

Wait.  The sofa in the 2 BR Haven on Breakaway doesn’t pull out?  It’s just… this with the back pillows removed and a sheet thrown on top?

uh oh. 😬

YUP! The other bedroom is similar except they put 2 of those mattress cushions together and place a mattress topper on top. Neither one of those couches folds out. 

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

YUP! The other bedroom is similar except they put 2 of those mattress cushions together and place a mattress topper on top. Neither one of those couches folds out. 

Oh man.  We are used to the 2 bedroom on the Gem where the sofa/couch DOES pull out.  We’re boarding Breakaway in 2 weeks.  I’m not telling my teenager who usually sleeps in the living room 😬😬😬

1 hour ago, scooter6139 said:

Looking over all the pics I can find of a 2bd Haven, no idea where a butler would sneak in to setup breakfast for all six sleeping cruisers.  The table looks crowded if you tried to do just 4 people.

In those situations the butlers are trained to come down from the ceiling like Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, raitch said:

Oh man.  We are used to the 2 bedroom on the Gem where the sofa/couch DOES pull out.  We’re boarding Breakaway in 2 weeks.  I’m not telling my teenager who usually sleeps in the living room 😬😬😬

Email your concierge today and tell them you want a double mattress topper put on it. Here is a photo of the second bedroom sofa/bed. You can sort of see that it had 2 of those couch mattresses.

IMG_0120.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, The Shrike said:

In those situations the butlers are trained to come down from the ceiling like Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible.

LOL, just remember that Princess Margaret, the one here who likes the stealthy butler, is not the same as the OP.  Princess M just weighed in on her expectations of how she uses her butler.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, raitch said:

uh oh. 😬

It appears that there is also a pull down pullman style bed in that 2nd bedroom photo from HBCcruiser.  

• Like 1

Just now, scooter6139 said:

It appears that there is also a pull down pullman style bed in that 2nd bedroom photo from HBCcruiser.  

Jeez, this is the thread that just keeps on giving...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Yes, but that mattress is a worse joke! Fine for a small child but adult? Not me! 

• Like 2