New testing protocols

MeganGC1983

Excellent news! It was bound to happen sooner or later. This came sooner than I expected. Now if they could just drop the testing requirement for cruises greater than 6 days before September 24, I'll be dancing in the isles! :classic_laugh: Thanks for posting! 👍

• Like 8

Just now, Joe817 said:

Now if they could just drop the testing requirement for cruises greater than 6 days before September 24, I'll be dancing in the isles!

I guess it’s too much to expect it by my cruise on August 13. LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Excellent news! It was bound to happen sooner or later. This came sooner than I expected. Now if they could just drop the testing requirement for cruises greater than 6 days before September 24, I'll be dancing in the isles! :classic_laugh: Thanks for posting! 👍

You’re welcome! I hope phase 2 comes promptly for you. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I've noted this elsewhere, but I suspect the 5-days or less implementation is because ports in that range do not require the tests, but there are definitely ports further out on the 6, 7, and 8 day itineraries that still require tests, even for vaxxed.

So I think Carnival needs to wait for them to relax their requirements - perhaps that will happen soon, if the ports see the that the closer ports are managing OK.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

With you there.  We cruise the same day.  Those who are not boosted do get the extra day back.  That's good if you are traveling in early. 

The next step will probably include some sort of announcement about longer cruises with the exception of ... (those areas still requiring it).  That will be a little more complicated.  Though they may also be in consultation with those places to try to get their requirements dropped.  Who knows?

24 minutes ago, shof515 said:

for bermuda cruises please follow the bermuda requirement. bermuda still requires testing before the cruise

Do they even do 5-day cruises to Bermuda?

43 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Wondering if we're on the same sailing LOL. I've also got a 7-night cruise leaving 9/24 (Panorama) and I really hope we get to Phase 2 before then. On the upside, it sounds like 3 days for supervised pre-test is now for everyone ("fully vaxxed" and "up to date" alike) which gives me a little less stress dealing with the unknown of doing an online proctored test.

• Like 1

Just now, allinwonderland said:

Wondering if we're on the same sailing LOL. I've also got a 7-night cruise leaving 9/24 (Panorama) and I really hope we get to Phase 2 before then. On the upside, it sounds like 3 days for supervised pre-test is now for everyone ("fully vaxxed" and "up to date" alike) which gives me a little less stress dealing with the unknown of doing an online proctored test.

Ours is an 8 day on the Vista leaving Sept. 24, on an Eastern Caribbean itin.

18 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Do they even do 5-day cruises to Bermuda?

Yes, I am booked on the 4 day Bermuda cruise sailing on August 11. I also have another 4 day Bermuda booked for next year 

• Like 1