New testing protocols

MeganGC1983

27 minutes ago, darinb1345 said:

Hoping for extending to >5 days prior to my 10/1 departure!  I’m not sure what Mexico port requirements are.

I hate those qtips up my nose!  

I'm believing that that will happen.  I believe the main ports that are still requiring testing are eastern Caribbean ports.  If those areas stick to the testing requirement, cruise lines will probably go ahead and relax the testing policy for other areas that don't require it.  They may even threaten to use other ports like they were doing last year and earlier this year.

• Like 2

I wish they would just drop the pre-testing requirement for any itinerary with ports that don't require it instead of making it by length of voyage. Because for example, any ship going out of Long Beach only goes to Mexico as a foreign port (*those loooooong Hawaii cruises are an exception where I can see them keeping the testing requirement due to voyage length) and they don't require testing to enter the country. I think a lot of ports in the Western Caribbean don't require testing either. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

You and I are on the same cruise, except mine is a seven day Western Caribbean 😀

Doh! I just had a senior's moment! Sorry!! I meant to say 8 day on the Dream on Sept. 24. :classic_blink:

• Like 1

That is awesome news for us !!!  We get off one cruise on October 23 and board another 4 day cruise on the 24th  I have been trying to figure out how we would get tested......... now I dont have to  !!! 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I would assume they will monitor the no testing cruises to see if the numbers go up & if so by how much before they implement it on longer sailings.

I think that at this point in time most of the covid cases are occurring after people debark - not on the cruise itself.  Since CCL does not do any type of follow-up on what happens after people leave the ship I don't think they will go back to requiring testing before shorter cruises.

2 minutes ago, pe4all said:

I think that at this point in time most of the covid cases are occurring after people debark - not on the cruise itself.  Since CCL does not do any type of follow-up on what happens after people leave the ship I don't think they will go back to requiring testing before shorter cruises.

Correct. 

On FB we join the specific date page and it is interesting to see all the people posting, "Well, we just got home and we are positive."  It is dozens of people, too.  Not just one or two.  We just got off Radience 4 day and the day after we got home, my wife and I both had covid.  Same with our friend that we met on the ship.

12 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Well it was a while ago but my Bermuda cruise was a 7 day. I guess they don't dock in Bermuda for 3 days anymore?

The Magic 6 day cruises from New York and Norfolk are in Bermuda 3 days.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Hard to say. I think most people who think they might have covid on the ship aren't testing.

38 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I would assume they will monitor the no testing cruises to see if the numbers go up & if so by how much before they implement it on longer sailings.

If?  They will absolutely go up.  

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Hard to say. I think most people who think they might have covid on the ship aren't testing.

I would agree with that.  My wife and I recently had Covid (about 6 weeks ago and non-cruise related).  We both only had a runny nose (no fever, no headache, or tiredness.)  It basically felt like a minor cold.   I would not have even tested had I not been around my grandsons who had it.  I'm guessing that most folks that have little or no symptoms like that wouldn't go test on a cruise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

Now I will pick my itineraries based on where all I can go without needing to test. We love going to Alaska, but I can’t see Canada dropping the testing requirements any time soon. 

Agree I bet Canada will be an issue.  I sure wish we could avoid them on our Alaska cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, DaveOKC said:

Agree I bet Canada will be an issue.  I sure wish we could avoid them on our Alaska cruise.

We cruised to Alaska last August and didn’t have to stop in Victoria. We didn’t miss it at all. 

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I've noted this elsewhere, but I suspect the 5-days or less implementation is because ports in that range do not require the tests, but there are definitely ports further out on the 6, 7, and 8 day itineraries that still require tests, even for vaxxed.

So I think Carnival needs to wait for them to relax their requirements - perhaps that will happen soon, if the ports see the that the closer ports are managing OK.

Not very many islands are requiring testing anymore!  Yay!

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-readies-for-a-wave-of-reopenings

3 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

We cruised to Alaska last August and didn’t have to stop in Victoria. We didn’t miss it at all. 

That was nice, but this year the old rules are back and we have to stop.