Anyone cruised within the last couple of weeks that had UDP?

I'm just curious if anyone has sailed since the RC website went from $35 at Izumi to $20 for al la carte venues with the UDP (maybe just on Oasis class?).  I am hoping that the $35 is still in effect for Izumi and the $20 is for Playmaker.  

Menus seem to have changed so that Izumi is now fixed price instead of a la carte, allowing you to order one small plate, two large, and one dessert. 

35 minutes ago, PQI said:

Menus seem to have changed so that Izumi is now fixed price instead of a la carte, allowing you to order one small plate, two large, and one dessert. 

So, that means that it doesn't qualify as an "a la carte" restaurant?  Instead you are able to get the fixed price meal once per visit?  Thank works for me.  Thanks

One more questions... If we go to Izumi for lunch on a sea day and dinner (pre dinner sushi) would it cover both visits?  I am assuming yes, but you know what happens when you assume.  

18 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I'm just curious if anyone has sailed since the RC website went from $35 at Izumi to $20 for al la carte venues with the UDP (maybe just on Oasis class?).  I am hoping that the $35 is still in effect for Izumi and the $20 is for Playmaker.  

Prix Fixe menu 2 weeks ago on Ovation.  works out to be more than $35 ordering the cheapest things on the menu

3 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

One more questions... If we go to Izumi for lunch on a sea day and dinner (pre dinner sushi) would it cover both visits?  I am assuming yes, but you know what happens when you assume.  

Yes you can go for lunch and dinner

• Like 2

I am just hoping to keep the weight gain to five pounds.  A couple of years ago my SIL went with us.  We left the restaurant at lunch saying there is no way we could eat anything else that day.   We were in the MDR on time that night.  lol

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We cruise October with the UDP.  Is it possible to use it to it's fullest and not gain weight 🤔 

Going to lose five lbs before my cruise and going to gain 10 lbs during my cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jp2746 said:

We left the restaurant at lunch saying there is no way we could eat anything else that day.   We were in the MDR on time that night.  lol

Last year while cruising I remember being full before dinner.  I mentioned it to my DW and she said, You don't have to be hungry to eat!  🤣

3 hours ago, Seannie said:

Going to lose five lbs before my cruise and going to gain 10 lbs during my cruise.

I was on Ovation in May and actually lost 5lbs.  We did a lot of walking in Alaska. 

I lost seven pounds so far, but now I realize that I really needed to lose that seven pounds.  So, now I need to lose five more in a week.  🤣

I have never lost weight on a cruise but this time I "plan" on walking before anyone gets out of bed in my family.  But planning and doing are two different things.  

I think I am always full on the boat but squeeze one more thing in.  Especially when they had cheesecake pops.  Those were my weakness.

• Like 1

We cruised on Harmony 2 weeks ago and had the UDP.  We did Izumi for lunch and one of us had an appetizer and a large plate.  I had a small plate and two large plates (according to the menu sushi was a large plate.)  

I knew I wouldn't eat the sushi, but wanted to try the salmon roll.  I asked the waiter if I could get just 1 or 2 pieces instead of 8 and he said no, but he would eat the rest as that was his fav.

When our check came, we were charged as a la carte but we were also credited the charge.  Our bill without drinks, we are D+ and the drinks weren't shown on the bill, came to $55.00.  

I did see on the menu that there was a fixed price, so I don't know why it was charged as it was other than one of us didn't have 2 large plates which was part of the prix fixe luncheon.  Neither of us had dessert.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We cruise October with the UDP.  Is it possible to use it to it's fullest and not gain weight 🤔 

Absolutely; just spend the rest of your cruise time on the treadmill and elliptical machines! 😂🥵

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, katiel53 said:

We cruised on Harmony 2 weeks ago and had the UDP.  We did Izumi for lunch and one of us had an appetizer and a large plate.  I had a small plate and two large plates (according to the menu sushi was a large plate.)  

I knew I wouldn't eat the sushi, but wanted to try the salmon roll.  I asked the waiter if I could get just 1 or 2 pieces instead of 8 and he said no, but he would eat the rest as that was his fav.

When our check came, we were charged as a la carte but we were also credited the charge.  Our bill without drinks, we are D+ and the drinks weren't shown on the bill, came to $55.00.  

I did see on the menu that there was a fixed price, so I don't know why it was charged as it was other than one of us didn't have 2 large plates which was part of the prix fixe luncheon.  Neither of us had dessert.

Was there only two of you?  Just curious because if that is the case then the fixed price dinners ($34) would be okay or the $35 max.  Thank you