Ketchup

shipgeeks

On 8/16/2022 at 7:51 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I never had cheese on fries but I have had mustard on frankfurters.

Neither have I had cheese on fries, but, Mustard is my usual condiment on hot dogs.  And, if I have it, Pickle Relish.  

21 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

It should carry a sentence of 10 days of eating gruel.

Maybe a diet during those days of a stale hot dog bun and water would be sufficient punishment?  😁

Ketchup:  there is a difference in the different brands I have found.  I prefer Hunt's Ketchup of the major brands.  Other opinions?  

7 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Maybe a diet during those days of a stale hot dog bun and water would be sufficient punishment?  😁

Ketchup:  there is a difference in the different brands I have found.  I prefer Hunt's Ketchup of the major brands.  Other opinions?  

Sir Kensington from Brooklyn NY.....

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I only like Heinz Ketchup

Heinz is good, but, oh, "the a-n-t-c-i -p-a-t-i-o-n"  of getting any ketchup out of the bottle without getting too much!  I can't tell much difference in the taste of Heinz as compared to Hunt's.  But, Hunt's seems easier for me to get it out of the bottle and I have better control of the amount dispensed.  (I ought to admit that I really like all of Hunt's tomato products that I have used with their Stewed Tomatoes with Oregano being my favorite.)  

On 8/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Can't understand Mustard on Frankfurters  and Cheese on French Fries.

Cheesy potatoes are a classic combination.  And mustard on almost any kind of savory sausage is amazing--the Germans have extensive pairings of particular mustards with particular Würste.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baelor said:

Cheesy potatoes are a classic combination.  And mustard on almost any kind of savory sausage is amazing--the Germans have extensive pairings of particular mustards with particular Würste.

I think it all depends on where we are geographically.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, baelor said:

I will not use my Polish Mustard on German Sausage. No....No.....

Each Mustard must pair properly....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, baelor said:

Au Gratin Potatoes are delicious.  But, cheese on French Fries?  No.  Agree that some specialty mustards are good with certain kinds of Wursts.  But, not yellow mustard.  (Unless there is absolutely nothing else.)  

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I think it all depends on where we are geographically.

Yes, and often with what condiments with what foods which we consumed during our youth.  

23 hours ago, dahirsh said:

Two words.  Disco Fries

Had to Google this; never heard of such a thing.  The American version of Poutine with Mozzarella in place of cheese curds.  OK.  I'd try it.  Sounds better to me than Poutine,  

21 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I prefer my fries straight up with ketchup on the side.

When I eat French Fries at home or order them in a restaurant, I seem to prefer putting the ketchup, lightly, directly on the fries.  When I "dine" at McDonald's, if I order Fries and decide to get a cup of ketchup, I prefer the dipping method of the fries into the condiment.  Most of the time, I like their Fries just as they are served.  

18 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

French Fries and Salt anytime!

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Absolutely

If the Fries are not properly salted when they are hot, I don't think they are as good.  McDonald's, as much as I like their Fries, the amount of salt put on them when they are dumped out of the fryer varies widely.  I worked the fryer in a McDonald's type restaurant when I was in college and there was no "standard" for the amount of salt.  Liberally sprinkle, whatever liberally meant to whomever was the Fryer du Jour.  

• 2 months later...

To confirm my earlier suspicion that fries and ketchup should never go together, I tried it on my recent cruise.  I had fries in the MDR, and there was a little bowl of ketchup on the side.  I dipped one fry, popped it into my mouth.......and found that the combination was even worse than I expected.  Just awful.

But that's just me.  It's interesting how we all have different tastes.

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

To confirm my earlier suspicion that fries and ketchup should never go together, I tried it on my recent cruise.  I had fries in the MDR, and there was a little bowl of ketchup on the side.  I dipped one fry, popped it into my mouth.......and found that the combination was even worse than I expected.  Just awful.

But that's just me.  It's interesting how we all have different tastes.

I too don't think so either. I know someone who also dips FF into Mustard.??????

FF with salt......good enough...

I like Shoe Strings not College or Steakhouse 

• Like 1