Is e med proctored covid testing available 24/7?

misha1

For those in the know...I don't want to assume they are and have a nasty surprise at 4 sm when I plan to test.  Is it longer wait times at that early hour? (Fewer staff...like a night shift often is?)

4 minutes ago, misha1 said:

For those in the know...I don't want to assume they are and have a nasty surprise at 4 sm when I plan to test.  Is it longer wait times at that early hour? (Fewer staff...like a night shift often is?)

Available 24/7. 

Edited by davekathy

Both times we have used them they have dated the test a day later than the date where we were located. Not a problem, but that later date on our positive test makes us have to wait one extra day to apply for a C of Recovery. (Two days before our departure, so it works.)

6 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

Both times we have used them they have dated the test a day later than the date where we were located. Not a problem, but that later date on our positive test makes us have to wait one extra day to apply for a C of Recovery. (Two days before our departure, so it works.)

Surprising mine show the time as UTC (Greenwich Mean Time) which was 8 hours ahead of me in California.  I got my COR's this morning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Surprising mine show the time as UTC (Greenwich Mean Time) which was 8 hours ahead of me in California.  I got my COR's this morning. 

If you take your test early in the day, it won't matter. But if you take your test after 4pm, the pdf result will come back with the next day's date since UTC will add 8 hours and thus be past midnight.

We were incredibly anxious for our first COVID-era test back in October 2021 and got up at 3am (eastern US time zone) and were immediately connected and finished the tests in 15 minutes. We collapsed back in bed immediately after. 😄 We've used emed for two more cruises after that and both times got up at a more sane 6am and also had immediate response. (In all cases there were two of us testing one after the other so we've done 6 tests in total since resuming cruising)

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. I thought that would be the case but wanted to know ahead of time. 

Sign up for the tests ahead of time, either using the App or emed.com. When we did our tests we started the process a few days ahead of time to go through the checklist of video volume in and out and WiFi connection. Once the check is done you can just cancel the actual Covid test.  Make sure that after the 1st person is done that they sign out of the account.

• Thanks 2

Had us and our kids/grandkids on a Solstice Alaska cruise out of Seattle and all 8 of us tested one after another. Had iPads and iPhones and used the Navica App. Worked just fine with each of us. I was registered and did mine, and then selected another person to be tested and it set it up for the next one. We used two systems in two different rooms and all went well.

den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RichYak said:

If you take your test early in the day, it won't matter. But if you take your test after 4pm, the pdf result will come back with the next day's date since UTC will add 8 hours and thus be past midnight.

Understand the logic but from personal experience when I take the test anytime after 5:01AM UTC 12:01AM ET two days before cruise date my results are accepted. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Understand the logic but from personal experience when I take the test anytime after 5:01AM UTC 12:01AM ET two days before cruise date my results are accepted. 

UTC is later than Pacific time. You can test at dinner time on Thursday before your Sunday sailing and the pdf will show that you took it on Friday.

We can agree to disagree - 

If you look at the chart - I can and will  be  testing on Wednesday 8/3 after 9:01PM PDT.    eMed doesn't put my local date and time they report UTC which will be 5:01Am 8/4 UTC.   If you tested in Newark a 12:01AM on 8/4 Your eMed test would have the exact same time and date.

If they did report local time I would simply use a VPN and shift my location to New York.

For my Sunday August 8 Cruise

image.thumb.png.1c1cf33e13fa81d8a4f6a7ef8511d271.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you look at the chart - I can and will  be  testing on Wednesday 8/3 after 9:01PM PDT.    eMed doesn't put my local date and time they report UTC which will be 5:01Am 8/4 UTC.   If you tested in Newark a 12:01AM on 8/4 Your eMed test would have the exact same time and date.

If they did report local time I would simply use a VPN and shift my location to New York.

For my Sunday August 8 Cruise

I agree with all of this except for 2 points.

Sunday is August 7, not August 8.

And your test that will be reported as 5:01am on 8/4 UTC will still be 1 day too early (3 days instead of 2)

@Jim_Iain Time zones are always a complicated concept but I think what has contributed to the confusion is that our side conversation began with a comment about C of R. The same time zone difference that can work in your favor for pre-cruise testing (which you illustrated above) can potentially work against you (making you wait an additional day) in obtaining a C of R:

Your negative test must be no more than 2 days prior to boarding.

Your positive test must be no less than 10 days prior to obtaining a C of R.

Can someone please confirm:  if I am leaving on a Friday cruise, and live in CA, I can complete the test on Tuesday after 9pm (my time) and it will be dated Wednesday, which gives me the 2-day required window before boarding the ship?  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Z-Bird said:

Can someone please confirm:  if I am leaving on a Friday cruise, and live in CA, I can complete the test on Tuesday after 9pm (my time) and it will be dated Wednesday, which gives me the 2-day required window before boarding the ship?  Thank you.

I've taken multiple emed tests. In my experience, every pdf test result has been Greenwich Mean Time or UTC. If that remains true, a test taken at 9pm Pacific time on Tuesday should be dated early a.m. Wednesday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichYak said:

I've taken multiple emed tests. In my experience, every pdf test result has been Greenwich Mean Time or UTC. If that remains true, a test taken at 9pm Pacific time on Tuesday should be dated early a.m. Wednesday.

what about Central time?