Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

On 5/15/2023 at 6:46 AM, twangster said:

Signage isn't something that requires a dry dock.  They converted Ovation's Kung Fu Panda to a Fish n Ships during a revenue cruise as an example.  They closed off the area during an Alaska cruise and by the time that voyage was over it was reopened as Fish n Ships.  Changing most signs, if that was a requirement, for the most part isn't a terribly demanding task. 

aw yes I remember out May 2019 cruise and I would walk by and peek in. I was sad not to have been able to sample it.  

16 hours ago, twangster said:

Perhaps if the Utopia experiment doing the unthinkable and placing an OA class ship on a 3/4 rotation works out they will consider doing the same in Singapore.

I believe Allure is the big experiment and that is staring this fall vs next summer. Allure seems to be selling well enough already to warrant Utopia possibility sailing out of Canaveral. If it was not selling well enough here, I do not believe Royal would put Utopia here. Instead, they would have put it elsewhere and kept the Allure doing the 3/4-night run. 

Just look at the history of Royal's 3/4 night program out of Florida over the past few years when they finally committed to using larger ships for that program such as the Mariner. They took the big leap having the Mariner do it out of Miami. And when they got data and feedback that it was doing well, they brough another voyager class ship over to Maimi (Navigator of The Seas) and moved the Mariner to Port Canaveral Florida. Out of Canaveral, Mariner sailed pretty much full just about every three night cruise. It got to a point where after the restart, that they then decided to put two freedom class vessels (Indy & Freedom) doing the 3/4 night program and that still to this day is wildly successful. 

So having a Oasis class do the 3/4 night program is a very logical next step. 

5 hours ago, FlowBroTy said:

I believe Allure is the big experiment and that is staring this fall vs next summer. Allure seems to be selling well enough already to warrant Utopia possibility sailing out of Canaveral. If it was not selling well enough here, I do not believe Royal would put Utopia here. Instead, they would have put it elsewhere and kept the Allure doing the 3/4-night run. 

Just look at the history of Royal's 3/4 night program out of Florida over the past few years when they finally committed to using larger ships for that program such as the Mariner. They took the big leap having the Mariner do it out of Miami. And when they got data and feedback that it was doing well, they brough another voyager class ship over to Maimi (Navigator of The Seas) and moved the Mariner to Port Canaveral Florida. Out of Canaveral, Mariner sailed pretty much full just about every three night cruise. It got to a point where after the restart, that they then decided to put two freedom class vessels (Indy & Freedom) doing the 3/4 night program and that still to this day is wildly successful. 

So having a Oasis class do the 3/4 night program is a very logical next step. 

Allure was a left over ship they had to stick somewhere.  The red headed step child no one wanted to talk about.  

While I personally love Allure the lack of updates is something that hasn't gone unnoticed by the cruise booking masses.

To your point, that Allure bookings didn't flop on 3/4 may have opened the door to put Utopia, as a brand new ship, on the same 3/4 albeit for very different reasons.

We've all grown accustomed to Miami being the top cruise port in the world.   It goes to show that Royal isn't so numb to reality after all.  With another port challenging and taking the title (for now) Royal has done what Royal does best.   They've placed assets where they can generate the most revenue in the bigger picture,

With more Icon class in process Oasis class aren't the mega ships in their own league any more.  Oasis will soon be just another class of ships that once we're the largest cruise ships in the world.  Just as Majesty once was a mega ship of the seas so goes Utopia before she even sails.  Utopia will be the first Oasis class ship that was never the largest cruise ship in the world. 

Maybe once Icon 2 or 3 is doing 3/4 from Florida it will be time to put Oasis as just a large class of ship at that point into the Pacific.   

47 minutes ago, twangster said:

Allure was a left over ship they had to stick somewhere.  The red headed step child no one wanted to talk about.  

While I personally love Allure the lack of updates is something that hasn't gone unnoticed by the cruise booking masses.

To your point, that Allure bookings didn't flop on 3/4 may have opened the door to put Utopia, as a brand new ship, on the same 3/4 albeit for very different reasons.

We've all grown accustomed to Miami being the top cruise port in the world.   It goes to show that Royal isn't so numb to reality after all.  With another port challenging and taking the title (for now) Royal has done what Royal does best.   They've placed assets where they can generate the most revenue in the bigger picture,

With more Icon class in process Oasis class aren't the mega ships in their own league any more.  Oasis will soon be just another class of ships that once we're the largest cruise ships in the world.  Just as Majesty once was a mega ship of the seas so goes Utopia before she even sails.  Utopia will be the first Oasis class ship that was never the largest cruise ship in the world. 

Maybe once Icon 2 or 3 is doing 3/4 from Florida it will be time to put Oasis as just a large class of ship at that point into the Pacific.   

That's why Allure should have come to SG instead of Anthem! Haha

Forgive the dumb question as I am pretty much a newbie to cruising having only been on 3. So both Utopia and Allure will be doing the same itinerary next fall?  One from PC and one from Miami?  I am currently booked on Allure B2B 3/4 days next September.  As long as I won't have to sign over my right arm and leg, I might have to look into eating any change fees next month.

1 hour ago, cruise_co said:

Forgive the dumb question as I am pretty much a newbie to cruising having only been on 3. So both Utopia and Allure will be doing the same itinerary next fall?  One from PC and one from Miami?  I am currently booked on Allure B2B 3/4 days next September.  As long as I won't have to sign over my right arm and leg, I might have to look into eating any change fees next month.

It might be both arms, both legs and a spouse's leg to make the switch.  Stay tuned, but the expectation is that Utopia being brand new vs. Allure, being the 2nd in this class and more than 10 years old, will have a large price discrepancy between them.  

• Haha 1

Wow...Australia now "TBD" after being pushed back to week of May 1st?   Geezz...I have been hearing the same lip from Next Cruise for months now.  At first it was supposed to be in November...then December...then January.  Now...who knows.  

I got tired of waiting for the Aussie adventure to open, plus have already had two cancelled on us.  One due to Covid, and then when that one was rescheduled...it was cancelled again...  just on an RCI whim, (Radiance yanked out to NO).   

Viking...now has our business.  RCI...you lose $$$.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wow...Australia now "TBD" after being pushed back to week of May 1st?   Geezz...I have been hearing the same lip from Next Cruise for months now.  At first it was supposed to be in November...then December...then January.  Now...who knows.  

I got tired of waiting for the Aussie adventure to open, plus have already had two cancelled on us.  One due to Covid, and then when that one was rescheduled...it was cancelled again...  just on an RCI whim, (Radiance yanked out to NO).   

Viking...now has our business.  RCI...you lose $$$.  

Australia was released

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Wasn't Asia to be on the booking schedule this week?

China I would say is mostly released already. Except for knowing individual itineraries, they are out. 

Singapore was never going to come out until late July. 

Australia is also fully out. 

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Can anyone see Singapore to Brisbane 2024  on Quantum for sale? 

I can’t see it on Royal.

One of the travel agents claims she has cabins for sale. 

Just tried, I can't see anything as of yet. Also strangely, November 2024 is a selectable option on the calendar. Just that month, comes up with nothing momentarily though. I wonder if they're testing some new itineraries.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Australia was released

Thanks....must have just happened...but I see the selection is really limited.   I wanted the  circumnavigation of Australia like I had before...not 3/4 night or 7/10 night.  Ovation listed as TP but too late in the season.  

I have Viking booked 30 days circumnavigation and then a 15 night NZ cruise added on.   I am happier with that.  But indeed, thanks again.  🙂 

11 hours ago, springaussie said:

I can’t see it on Royal.

It's on the US site now. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 11:24 AM, Ethanol95 said:

That's why Allure should have come to SG instead of Anthem! Haha

Love Allure as it hadn’t been ruined with that silly slide. And it still has the Champagne bar I believe. Just leave one ship as it should be… they don’t have to be carbon copies of each other! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, springaussie said:

I can’t see it on Royal.

Some of the agents have it and prices are good 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 1:48 PM, little britain said:

Love Allure as it hadn’t been ruined with that silly slide. And it still has the Champagne bar I believe. Just leave one ship as it should be… they don’t have to be carbon copies of each other! 🤷‍♀️

I agree about the carbon copy bit. It would be nice for an Allure amp to include different features than her sisters. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I find it hard to believe Singapore won’t have a Royal Caribbean ship for 6 months.

There must be another ship to fill the gap .

They have no more ships left, so this coming season is probably true. We've been a partial deployment destination for a long time in the past, I think they could definitely afford to do it again