Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

4 hours ago, yyzcruising said:

They released Ovation Hawaii to Vancouver for Apr 25.. put in a booking already. Will Quantum or something else run that route as well coming back and just hasn't been finalized yet?

JMHO....not that great of an itinerary but hope you enjoy it.

41 minutes ago, yyzcruising said:

What don't you like about it? We're going to be in Hawaii, so why not cruise back?

Agree...look at how popular TAs are.   Many of us love sea days....Hawaii to the west coast is simply a TP.  🙂 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree...look at how popular TAs are.   Many of us love sea days....Hawaii to the west coast is simply a TP.  🙂 

Indeed and all of those Sea Days will give us ample time to relax and max out all the Star Class benefits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Agree...look at how popular TAs are.  

Get off my lawn!  😉

May 2005 - Star Princess eastbound

Oct 2011 - Azamara Journey westbound

Nov 2012 - Celebrity Constellation westbound

Nov 2014 - Quantum westbound

Oct 2015 - Anthem westbound

Aug 2017 - Vision "Arctic" westbound

May 2022 - Anthem eastbound

Sept 2022 - Voyager "Arctic" westbound

May 2023 - Anthem eastbound

Oct 2023 - Anthem westbound

April 2024 - Oasis eastbound

Nov 2024 - Odyssey westbound

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yyzcruising said:

What don't you like about it? We're going to be in Hawaii, so why not cruise back?

Cruising home from anywhere is always better than flying, and we do that as often as possible!

That said, I think there’s disappointment with Hawaii/Vancouver itineraries as they’ve been reduced to almost all Sea Days.  In the past, some eastbound Hawaii/Vancouver TPs were 14 nights, and had fantastic itineraries, beginning with an overnight in Honolulu.  They would then stop on Kauai, overnight on Maui, and make two stops on the Big Island in Kona and Hilo, before sailing to Victoria and ending in Vancouver.  We’ve been lucky to sail those TPs several times and hope Royal will offer better itineraries with more Hawaiian stops in the future!

Of course, if we were already spending time in Hawaii, the current itineraries definitely beat flying!  😉

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Cruising home from anywhere is always better than flying, and we do that as often as possible!

We've never done any TA or TP yet, but we definitely want to. We are in complete agreement! We want to fly to Europe and TA back or fly to Australia and TP back (all the way, B2B). This one would likely have to be post retirement, because if we are flying to Australia, we want to spend time there and New Zealand in some combination of cruises and land time. So this might be a B4B or B5B and a good month or so long before we're done.

On 6/15/2023 at 12:05 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Did one on Indy last July and enjoyed it (minus the suite). Will enjoy it even more on Utopia as long as the prices aren't too crazy (in which case I won't be there to enjoy it 😭).

We enjoyed our Indy 4 night cruise a few weeks ago.  It was so much like the Freedom that we cruised on about 17 times that it brought back memories.  We did the Unlimited Dining Package, which we've never had a chance to do before, and enjoyed it.  Booked everything at Chops as soon as we boarded and they treated us like Royalty.  Had two lunches at Chops, the Hibachi Dinner that was really fun (reading that Utopia will have a multi cuisine restaurant in that space), Giovanni's which was excellent and two great dinners at Chops.  There aren't as many restaurnat choices as an Oasis Class ship but it was still great dining.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yyzcruising said:

I would prefer an itinerary that also includes Kona and Hilo and not just sailing around the Napali Coast.

However if you're just using it to sail back then sounds fine for your needs.

As I said "JMHO".

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

That said, I think there’s disappointment with Hawaii/Vancouver itineraries as they’ve been reduced to almost all Sea Days.  In the past, some eastbound Hawaii/Vancouver TPs were 14 nights, and had fantastic itineraries, beginning with an overnight in Honolulu.  They would then stop on Kauai, overnight on Maui, and make two stops on the Big Island in Kona and Hilo, before sailing to Victoria and ending in Vancouver.  We’ve been lucky to sail those TPs several times and hope Royal will offer better itineraries with more Hawaiian stops in the future!

Of course, if we were already spending time in Hawaii, the current itineraries definitely beat flying!  😉

My point exactly !!!

3 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Agree, on my first Holland America this Thanksgiving. Doing 18nite with 6 stops 5 are HI Islands(6days) and is RT to/from San Diego. Best part was only $25 down. Wish Royal did similar Cruises like other lines.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I would prefer an itinerary that also includes Kona and Hilo and not just sailing around the Napali Coast.

As I said "JMHO".

Sure - makes sense. That's why I asked in my original post of anyone knew if Quantum or another ship may be sailing the Hawaii TP route. They seem to normally have 3 ships, but only Ovation has been released. Also, 3 of the 6 Grand Loft Suits were already booked. We wanted to get something confirmed instead of waiting. After we booked the 4th GLS, the price went up 4k! 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Get off my lawn!  😉

May 2005 - Star Princess eastbound

Oct 2011 - Azamara Journey westbound

Nov 2012 - Celebrity Constellation westbound

Nov 2014 - Quantum westbound

Oct 2015 - Anthem westbound

Aug 2017 - Vision "Arctic" westbound

May 2022 - Anthem eastbound

Sept 2022 - Voyager "Arctic" westbound

May 2023 - Anthem eastbound

Oct 2023 - Anthem westbound

April 2024 - Oasis eastbound

Nov 2024 - Odyssey westbound

LOL!!!  Case confirmed!!  😄   Have only done one TA so far, and loved it.  Wonder's first arrival into PC...coming from Barcelona.  Great ship to do that on.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

LOL!!!  Case confirmed!!  😄   Have only done one TA so far, and loved it.  Wonder's first arrival into PC...coming from Barcelona.  Great ship to do that on.  

I did Quantum's first arrival into CL (the TA was the first revenue sailing).  Anthem's first arrival into CL.  And will do Odyssey's first arrival into CL.  Do you see a pattern?  😄

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, yyzcruising said:

Sure - makes sense. That's why I asked in my original post of anyone knew if Quantum or another ship may be sailing the Hawaii TP route. They seem to normally have 3 ships, but only Ovation has been released. Also, 3 of the 6 Grand Loft Suits were already booked. We wanted to get something confirmed instead of waiting. After we booked the 4th GLS, the price went up 4k! 

We are all waiting to see where Quantum heads after the Australia season.   With Anthem in the Pacific it changes the picture.  

On 6/11/2023 at 11:35 AM, twangster said:

Posting this here since it was updated June 1.

Mildly interesting is Quantum shown as doing SEA to SIN, then SIN to BNE in October 2024 yet the website is selling Vancouver to Hawaii on Quantum Oct. 1 after the Alaska season.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2024_2025/2024-2025_Deployment_Summary.pdf

image.thumb.jpeg.8408a0689e2a5be52d30b6127cd27c08.jpeg

Thank you for sharing this. Wish it had beyond May. I'm looking for Med 2025 in Aug/Sept/ for a 30th Anniversary cruise. Wonder when they will release that schedule. 

29 minutes ago, RobinCruiser said:

Thank you for sharing this. Wish it had beyond May. I'm looking for Med 2025 in Aug/Sept/ for a 30th Anniversary cruise. Wonder when they will release that schedule. 

I'd expect to see it mid to late November. That is typical. If you follow this thread you will keep up to date with when the release is going happen.  Typically they will let you know the week on flyer similar to what has been posted and then just keep watching.  It could be anytime that week.  Usually Wednesday or Thursday.

By the way...  We used to live in Aldergrove many years ago.  My wife taught at Betty Gilbert.  

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'd expect to see it mid to late November. That is typical. If you follow this thread you will keep up to date with when the release is going happen.  Typically they will let you know the week on flyer similar to what has been posted and then just keep watching.  It could be anytime that week.  Usually Wednesday or Thursday.

By the way...  We used to live in Aldergrove many years ago.  My wife taught at Betty Gilbert.  

Thank you! I'll follow the thread so I get the notifications and that's really cool - both my kids, now adults, went to Betty Gilbert. 🙂 

On 6/17/2023 at 8:31 AM, island lady said:

That still floors me that our TA was your first one.  I thought you and Bucky had already done those dozens of times!

On 6/16/2023 at 2:45 PM, Ashland said:

As I said "JMHO".

My mom and I did a RT from San Francisco to Hawaii on Royal Princess in late March this year that included Kona, 2 days in Honolulu and Lahaina. We were supposed to do Hilo but they changed us to the extra day in Honolulu.  Great cruise, but it was cold for the sea days.  Unfortunately it was the last cruise of the season.  But the onboard Hawaiian Ambassadors made up for it.  Fantastic onboard Hawaiian themed events were offered.  Does RCI offer anything like that on their TPs???

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

That still floors me that our TA was your first one.  I thought you and Bucky had already done those dozens of times!

Nope.  We kept firm to not leaving the fur babies for more than two weeks.  The Wonder (for us anyway) was 4 weeks due to wanting to do the Med B2B before the 14 night TA.  

My fur faced girls passed away (miss them dearly),  then Covid hit...pushing us back further.  Now we are finally able to do the longer trips, without feeling guilty about leaving them...or deal with Vax and masks.

Waiting for Alaska 2025 to post for booking...want to recoup the B2B we had on that which was cancelled also.  

On 6/22/2023 at 8:46 AM, island lady said:

Nope.  We kept firm to not leaving the fur babies for more than two weeks.  The Wonder (for us anyway) was 4 weeks due to wanting to do the Med B2B before the 14 night TA.  

My fur faced girls passed away (miss them dearly),  then Covid hit...pushing us back further.  Now we are finally able to do the longer trips, without feeling guilty about leaving them...or deal with Vax and masks.

Waiting for Alaska 2025 to post for booking...want to recoup the B2B we had on that which was cancelled also.  

Sorry to hear about losing your fur babies.

Have you done Alaska before?  We loved sailing out of Vancouver.  Fantastic port, but don't book early May!  Way too cold ;o)

I'm waffling on 2025.  It's either going to be another fall TA, a Japan cruise on Princess, an RCI TP from HI to Sydney, or a Jordan & Israel trip (I've already done a 10 day Israel trip in 2013, but Pam has not).  All of them will cost a pretty penny.

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Yes it is pretty much confirmed by now.

Nooooooooooo ! 
I don’t like cruising from Southampton at the best of times … too many whining Brits… but the return of Indie means I’ll be definitely be picking MSC from that port in future if itinerary suits.

• Haha 7