Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

8 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Jim, did you say that you buy GeoBlue medical insurance?  Do you supplement with anything else?  sorry for interrupting, but I just needed some clarification.  

Yes we have GeoBlue.   Never had a claim.  I have Kaiser Senior Advantage that covers us except non-emergency.    I also have a MediJet annual policy just in case. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

God help those trying to get a cab.   

Reminds me of Southampton 3 weeks ago, when there were 5 ships in port and the first day of Cowes week, when people were trying to get across to the Isle of Wight.

There were 6 ships in port last week, but we only waited 45 minutes opposed to more than 2 hours.

The train strikes on both days didn’t help.

A friend of ours is sailing on Silhouette on 7th September and he can’t book a parking space. He’s hoping to persuade one of his children/ grandchildren to drive him to Southampton.😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes we have GeoBlue.   Never had a claim.  I have Kaiser Senior Advantage that covers us except non-emergency.    I also have a MediJet annual policy just in case. 

I had GeoBlue was hospitalized in London hospital and filed a claim.

What I did was gave the account number to the claim department and had no out of pocket and paper works.

After I was discharged from the hospital I used Medjet to fly me home.

Glad you have Geoblue.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We always do Geo Blue annual policies.  Not sure why you also need MediJet if you have Geo Blue.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Jim can you post the Gin martinis too?  Thx.

He did, they were the last of the screenshots on post #1092...

image.png.96f211e8c2d55d0cf9c5d41466c019ed.png

The earlier post got a bit mangled, but all there on #1092, the Gin based ones are our favorites so I was looking for them myself 🙂

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, verizon said:

I had GeoBlue was hospitalized in London hospital and filed a claim.

What I did was gave the account number to the claim department and had no out of pocket and paper works.

After I was discharged from the hospital I used Medjet to fly me home.

Glad you have Geoblue.

That’s good to hear.   Luckily we have not ever needed to use but gives us peace of mind to know you had such success. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

He did, they were the last of the screenshots on post #1092...

image.png.96f211e8c2d55d0cf9c5d41466c019ed.png

The earlier post got a bit mangled, but all there on #1092, the Gin based ones are our favorites so I was looking for them myself 🙂

Thanks.  That first one bandwidth was limited and kept dying during upload. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

That doesn't look good 😞

... a great day to be doing a B2B for sure...

Not really. We didn’t finish the process until 10:45.  With the lack of cabs and or hour walk we decided we will just have to come back to visit here on an extended stay. 

We got our room unpacked and all setup. I think a nap is in order.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Reminds me of Southampton 3 weeks ago, when there were 5 ships in port and the first day of Cowes week, when people were trying to get across to the Isle of Wight.

There were 6 ships in port last week, but we only waited 45 minutes opposed to more than 2 hours.

The train strikes on both days didn’t help.

A friend of ours is sailing on Silhouette on 7th September and he can’t book a parking space. He’s hoping to persuade one of his children/ grandchildren to drive him to Southampton.😱

Cruising appears to be coming back strong. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not really. We didn’t finish the process until 10:45.  With the lack of cabs and or hour walk we decided we will just have to come back to visit here on an extended stay. 

That's a shame, but yes, I suspect a return for a longer stay makes a lot of sense, so much to see there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MamaFej said:

We had an overnight in Reykjavik and another in Akureyri in June of 2019 on the Reflection. 
it was great. Also, exhausting, as our second day tours were just 7 and 9 hours after the first day tours ended, but it was totally worth it. 

16 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Your pictures are wonderful. They really make me hate COVID even more then I already do. We had an Ireland/Iceland cruise booked in May 2020 that was to overnight in Reykjavik and spend 1 day in Akureyi. We had small groups tours booked for all 3 days hitting the highlights. The itinerary no longer exists as it was round trip from Dublin on the Reflection and Dublin is no longer a cruise ship port. I am thoroughly loving your report and pictures so please keep them coming. I am hoping this itinerary exists in a few years when I am retired. 

We were lucky enough to be with @MamaFej on this cruise, which we picked for the 2 overnights in Iceland.

It was one of our best cruises, so much so that we recommended to friends to book the [almost] same cruise for June 2020 [no overnight in Akureyri...]. I told them that an overnight in Reykjavik is a "must" whereas one long day in Akureyri is enough. Personally, one of our tours there was just "meh"....

One couple was booked for June and the other one for July 2020. Same tour operator like ours, which, when Covid stuck and had to refund the payments, went belly up...

• Like 1

Relaxing day.   A big shout out to Karen and Bob who brought us a Fitbit Charger from LA.    What a sweet couple and so fun to get to know.    We ended up chatting at Al Bacio for 1 1/2 hours.   

Thank's again and again. 

My Fitbit is plugged in and already up to 25%.   

It's incredible how much we depend on our watches to see things like how well we slept.... duhhhhh...   If your tired you didn't get a good night sleep. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We were lucky enough to be with @MamaFej on this cruise, which we picked for the 2 overnights in Iceland.

It was one of our best cruises, so much so that we recommended to friends to book the [almost] same cruise for June 2020 [no overnight in Akureyri...]. I told them that an overnight in Reykjavik is a "must" whereas one long day in Akureyri is enough. Personally, one of our tours there was just "meh"....

One couple was booked for June and the other one for July 2020. Same tour operator like ours, which, when Covid stuck and had to refund the payments, went belly up...

While not the same we're on the July 7,2023 Apex sailing going to Iceland, Scotland, Ireland. One day in Akureyri and Isafjordur, overnight in Reykjavik, one day each in Glasglow, Belfast, Chobh. I think it's a great itinerary leaving from Amsterdam, which is always a beautiful place to visit. Probably train to Paris post cruise and return to the States from there. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cruising appears to be coming back strong. 

Although we really enjoyed our two cruises on the edge with under 800 passengers....it makes me very happy to see the cruises filling up ! Weirdly, part of the cruise experience for me is the hubbub .A mostly empty MDR is sad. 

Come see me in December when I can't get a seat at the Equinox martini bar , i might have changed my mind 😋

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

well hoping you have a good 2nd week.  I am sailing on NCL Prima next year that starts in Reykjavik so I will fly in 2 days early. In fact, exactly a year from now I will be on that ship that goes 1 way to UK via Norway and Amsterdam.

oh and congrats on your thread count for viewers to this post.  Wow that is a lot and your posts are very well liked.  

Two weeks from today I will be in Juneau on Quantum.   Toodles

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, that was SUCH a fun Roll Call group, wasn’t it? @DrKoob’s photo name tags at sail away and another get-together sure were fun. He got Shawn and Bobby mixed up, but they took it in stride. By the way, they got married in November 2019. We are way overdue for a get-together with them, but we follow each other on social media, and they’re doing great. Nurses are awesome! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smmessineo said:

@Jim_Iain I apologize if I missed it among all the great photos...were you able to get a photo of the Mast bar cigar smoking area?

Thanks,

Margaret

I haven’t yet.   Will do.  Haven’t even been up there.  Lazy day for sure.   I will get it for sure. 

11 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Dani, that was SUCH a fun Roll Call group, wasn’t it? @DrKoob’s photo name tags at sail away and another get-together sure were fun. He got Shawn and Bobby mixed up, but they took it in stride. By the way, they got married in November 2019. We are way overdue for a get-together with them, but we follow each other on social media, and they’re doing great. Nurses are awesome! 

Darn.   Forgot about the sailaway party.  I was chatting with Karen and Bob at al Bacio and lost track of time. 

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I haven’t yet.   Will do.  Haven’t even been up there.  Lazy day for sure.   I will get it for sure. 

Seeing that forecast.....don't go up there until the weather calms down in a few days!