Just got SCREWED by Royal Up!!!

tink24

I received an email from Royal Up stating that my offer was accepted for the 2 bedroom grand suite.  I was ecstatic!  When I checked my reservation to see what room I was assigned, it still showed my original junior suite.  Within 5 minutes Royal Caribbean sent me 3 emails - one showing that I was now in a one bedroom grand suite, one confirming the 2 bedroom grand suite (that my credit card was charged for), and a third showing my room as my original junior suite.  I called Royal Caribbean to clear up the confusion and was told that my room was no longer available and my other Royal Up bids were now expired.  I asked why they would send me a confirmation and charge my credit card for a room that was not available, but never received any type of reasonable response.  All they would say is that my card would be refunded.  I'm super pissed to say the least.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tink24 said:

I received an email from Royal Up stating that my offer was accepted for the 2 bedroom grand suite.  I was ecstatic!  When I checked my reservation to see what room I was assigned, it still showed my original junior suite.  Within 5 minutes Royal Caribbean sent me 3 emails - one showing that I was now in a one bedroom grand suite, one confirming the 2 bedroom grand suite (that my credit card was charged for), and a third showing my room as my original junior suite.  I called Royal Caribbean to clear up the confusion and was told that my room was no longer available and my other Royal Up bids were now expired.  I asked why they would send me a confirmation and charge my credit card for a room that was not available, but never received any type of reasonable response.  All they would say is that my card would be refunded.  I'm super pissed to say the least.

☹️ I'm sorry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tink24 said:

I would be so upset!!!!!! I wonder what happened???

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am confused about which room was no longer available.  Are you in your JS, a different JS, or the one-bedroom GS?  

Glad to know it's not just me who's confused! I'm hoping the OP will come back and let us know ... if the original JS was "no longer available" AND the upgrade isn't going to happen, then yes, that definitely constitutes being screwed! If not ... still a bummer, for sure.

• Like 8

RoyalUp is a third party contracted out by Royal like other cruise lines with similar bidding. Royal is not really involved in this bidding process. Not surprised, but sorry for you. Why the cruise lines need to keep this type of stuff inhouse. Royal saves a few bucks to contract it out, but things go wrong when a third party is involved and they probably bid the lowest to provide this service.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfcathorse said:

sucks to have to wait for a refund. Since RoyalUp is operated for RCG by a vendor, it could take a long time to get a refund

Actually since it's a 3rd party and not Royal the refund should be quicker.  When Royal is involved refunds can take months.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, prmssk said:

So which room did you get?  Did you lose your original room in addition to not getting any you bid on?

I'm still in original room.  Within 5 minutes I received 3 emails - first was a new invoice showing I was moved to a one bedroom grand suite, second was the "Congratulations - You have received the 2 bedroom grand suite," third was new invoice with my original room number.

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I’d be on the phone until they escalated it to a point where I got some satisfaction.  
Don’t give up. Make them fix it. A refund is not acceptable.  

I'm working on it.  So pissed!

Sounds like they assigned you upgrade cabin and some else came in after you and outbid you . And they did not honor your assignment. They probably have contractually right to do it , almost up to last hours before sailing . 
But we shall be watching this unfold . 
Good luck to you . Keep us up to date . 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1