Where is my Crystal Block from December?

I was supposed to get my 420 pt block on Oasis a few weeks ago but they did not have any.  The LA was not sure when they would be coming in and had us fill out a form onboard.  I am still waiting for one from the Odyssey in Aug 2021.  A month or so ago I got my Allure block in the mail that I earned in Nov 2021.

5 hours ago, Havin'fun said:

On the bright side, just off of Adventure and they do have blocks on board - at least as of last week 🙂

I earned a block on Adventure in May. Last week I was on Adventure, & visited the la inquiring about my earned but not received block. She told me there were a few blocks on the ship but were reserved for cruisers who had earned high point levels. Can I ask, how many points you have?

I also asked about the beach towel I earned. She said to wait until day 3-5 for delivery. It did appear in my cabin during that time frame but before it did, I was present when one day she walked to her desk unlocked a draw and removed 3 beach towels, which she could have done the day I inquired.

Towels delivered to my cabin were kids beach towels which were in a protective case, more colorful than the standard navy & white C&A towel and also included 8 round discs which I nor she knew what they were for. I like the kids towels better!

Edited by meadowlander

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Champagne problems, lol. I was fine waiting 3 months for mine to be shipped. It's my first and it's still in the box. Don't even know what I'll do with it.

Glad you were able to get this recent one onboard!

although I am still waiting from the one from December from Mariner 🙂

34 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

I earned a block on Adventure in May. Last week I was on Adventure, & visited the la inquiring about my earned but not received block. She told me there were a few blocks on the ship but were reserved for cruisers who had earned high point levels. Can I ask, how many points you have?

I just hit 356 points last week when I received my block

We did a B2B on Jewel this summer in a JS under the double points promo.

At the end of the first leg, we would be at 142 points. I was expecting the form to appear on the last night of our cruise as that was when we went over 140. However, at the beginning of the cruise, along with all the rest of the expected materials, there was a form on our bed from the LA to fill out for the block, so I filled it out in my name to be mailed, and turned it into the LA. Then on turn around day, when we got back into our cabin (same cabin), to my surprise, with all the other material, there was another form. So, knowing that we are only supposed to get 1, we filled it out with my wife's name, to be mailed, and turned that in to the LA.

I have no idea if they will recognize that we filled out 2 cards on 2 different cruises or not, but what the heck, figured I might as well try. No indication as to how long it might take, but based on this thread, if it (or they) show up in the next year, I should be happy.

4 hours ago, Havin'fun said:

I just hit 356 points last week when I received my block

Thanks. Having more than 356 points not sure why I was not given one. Waiting for a block from a different ship and have read posts of cruisers who sailed after my sail date receiving the block in the mail 2 months ago. Will call C&A this week.

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 1

We were on the Jewel in April and we were supposed to receive our block. There was a notice in our cabin that there were none on the ship and to fill out the form to be mailed to us. As of today we haven’t received. I called the Crown & Anchor desk they are still on back order and shows we should be getting one sent to us. They couldn’t give me a time frame. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vegascruiser1 said:

We were on the Jewel in April and we were supposed to receive our block. There was a notice in our cabin that there were none on the ship and to fill out the form to be mailed to us. As of today we haven’t received. I called the Crown & Anchor desk they are still on back order and shows we should be getting one sent to us. They couldn’t give me a time frame. 

Same here.  Filled out form on both our b2b Jewel cruises.   Still waiting. 

On 9/14/2022 at 3:02 PM, meadowlander said:

I also asked about the beach towel I earned. She said to wait until day 3-5 for delivery. It did appear in my cabin during that time frame but before it did, I was present when one day she walked to her desk unlocked a draw and removed 3 beach towels, which she could have done the day I inquired.

Towels delivered to my cabin were kids beach towels which were in a protective case, more colorful than the standard navy & white C&A towel and also included 8 round discs which I nor she knew what they were for. I like the kids towels better!

I received 2 Adventure blocks on my cruise in August. One they owed me from May and one I earned in August.  502 points.  I also got the regular beach towel and the kids towel in the bag.  The kids towel was supposed to be a tote bag but it is such a nice towel, I agreed to keep it. 

Just before the shutdown I had set my preferences to towels.  Once the restart commenced I got zero towels across ten cruises so I called and had them update my preferences back to wine.  A year later and no towels that were promised to me VIA home shipping.  Zero of my 3 missing blocks too.  

Supply chain issues are real and Royal is leveraging that excuse to its full potential.  I suppose one could say I did get something...  the Royal shaft.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

Supply chain issues are real and Royal is leveraging that excuse to its full potential.  I suppose one could say I did get something...  the Royal shaft.

I definitely think they are using 'supply chain issues' as the default excuse for many things when it is not actually the reason.  

13 hours ago, Anton said:

I definitely think they are using 'supply chain issues' as the default excuse for many things when it is not actually the reason.  

When the shut down from Covid happened, RCI released their current company that did the logo items, like blocks, Pinnacle towers, pins, etc.   

When restart happened, the old company would not renew.  They found this inefficient and terrible "low bid" new company.  That company is overwhelmed and can't do the same job, not to mention their product is lower quality.  

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

They found this inefficient and terrible "low bid" new company.  That company is overwhelmed and can't do the same job, not to mention their product is lower quality.  

After "only" an 8 month wait they shipped our pinnacle kit in August and here is what the pins looked like.  I think I posted the photo before.  Someone at that company actually looked at these and still placed them in the box.  To their credit they did make new ones and ship them two days later. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 7.51.09 AM.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anton said:

After "only" an 8 month wait they shipped our pinnacle kit in August and here is what the pins looked like.  I think I posted the photo before.  Someone at that company actually looked at these and still placed them in the box.  To their credit they did make new ones and ship them two days later. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 7.51.09 AM.jpg

OMG....and I thought my first set was bad!!   Came printed wrong, all banged up (not secured in the box) and were so bad that the LA on EX insisted she ship new ones to to me.  

Those look like kids toys!  😮 

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG....and I thought my first set was bad!!   Came printed wrong, all banged up (not secured in the box) and were so bad that the LA on EX insisted she ship new ones to to me.  

Those look like kids toys!  😮 

We are thinking of bringing them on the Brilliance TA in November to wear at the top tier event.  Just to see the reaction from the LA and others.  But have the corrected pins in a pocket.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anton said:

We are thinking of bringing them on the Brilliance TA in November to wear at the top tier event.  Just to see the reaction from the LA and others.  But have the corrected pins in a pocket.

LOL...yes...that would be hilarious. 😄    Have actually seen funny looking badges that were home made.  Not sure if they were meant as a joke, or trying to get perks.  😉 

The ones they sent you...definitely look home made.  😄 

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for my Anthem earned on my Easter Sail.  After reading a poster that it was shipped via UPS, a couple of days later, I get a text from UPS with some tracking #.  Unusual, as usually UPS will leave a note advising to call the local warehouse and make further plans.  Called UPS and no such animal.  The agent even looked it up by name and address.  

Cautiously, I did not open the link in the text.

Called the D+ desk this morning and C&A has no indication that it was shipped or is in the process.  The Agent advised me that when it's shipped, they would be able to give me a track #.  Asked if Royal will advise me via e-mail and was told no.

29 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm still waiting for my Anthem earned on my Easter Sail.  After reading a poster that it was shipped via UPS, a couple of days later, I get a text from UPS with some tracking #.  Unusual, as usually UPS will leave a note advising to call the local warehouse and make further plans.  Called UPS and no such animal.  The agent even looked it up by name and address.  

Cautiously, I did not open the link in the text.

Called the D+ desk this morning and C&A has no indication that it was shipped or is in the process.  The Agent advised me that when it's shipped, they would be able to give me a track #.  Asked if Royal will advise me via e-mail and was told no.

You can sign up for a free UPS My Choice account and you will receive e-mails anytime a UPS package is on its way.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 6:16 PM, gkbiiii said:

I went on a December cruise and earned my first Crystal Block on that cruise.  I was told that I would receive it by February: so in August, where is it?

I’m waiting on the Odyssey from October 2021.