Le Grand Bistro

Wendylet

Sailing on the Apex in a month and have a question about this dining venue. I am looking at it on the app. It appears to be a  paid venue, it says $20. It appears to be open for lunch and the menu is quite extensive. I am confused by the mix of items listed. There appears to be sandwiches and then the plats du Jour like Coq au Vin and Duck Breast. Surely it's not $20 for Rack of Lamb as well as a ham and cheese baguette!? What am I missing here? Confused obviously. Also can you reserve here or is it just drop in? Many thanks!

2 minutes ago, Wendylet said:

Sailing on the Apex in a month and have a question about this dining venue. I am looking at it on the app. It appears to be a  paid venue, it says $20. It appears to be open for lunch and the menu is quite extensive. I am confused by the mix of items listed. There appears to be sandwiches and then the plats du Jour like Coq au Vin and Duck Breast. Surely it's not $20 for Rack of Lamb as well as a ham and cheese baguette!? What am I missing here? Confused obviously. Also can you reserve here or is it just drop in? Many thanks!

If it's like the Edge beware because it was $20 whether you ordered a sandwich or an entree.  Having said that, I great place for lunch, we’ve eaten there a number of times.

2 minutes ago, Oville said:

If it's like the Edge beware because it was $20 whether you ordered a sandwich or an entree.  Having said that, I great place for lunch, we’ve eaten there a number of times.

Interesting. I thought I must be missing something with the pricepoint and the disparity in the menu! So no reservations there at all? Also I see you can grab and go there as well?

Just now, Wendylet said:

Interesting. I thought I must be missing something with the pricepoint and the disparity in the menu! So no reservations there at all? Also I see you can grab and go there as well?

I’m pretty sure you can make a reservation if you are going to there for lunch.  If you just want to pick up a sandwich to go you can do that also.  Unless things have changed reservations for lunch are a good thing if not necessary.

Consider yourself lucky, Celebrity raised the service charge to $30 pp on BEYOND.  They also changed the entrees available in the Plats du Jour. There were a few daily special on the Apex menu I would have paid $20 for but I see nothing on BEYOND's menu that I'm willing to pay $30 for.  

21 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

Consider yourself lucky, Celebrity raised the service charge to $30 pp on BEYOND.  They also changed the entrees available in the Plats du Jour. There were a few daily special on the Apex menu I would have paid $20 for but I see nothing on BEYOND's menu that I'm willing to pay $30 for.  

Can you post the menu?

6 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

Is the menu on the app accurate?  We are planning to eat there on embarkation day to avoid the buffet crowd that day.  I am fine with the menu on the app so curious if we’ll find something different.  

• Thanks 1

I find it a great bang for your buck.  The food is very good.  We had no room for dessert and our waiter packed us a bunch of sweets and breads to go.  He also asked if we would like sandwiches to go.  It's a nice embarkation day quiet lunch...just skip breakfast.  

5 hours ago, Julma said:

I find it a great bang for your buck.  The food is very good.  We had no room for dessert and our waiter packed us a bunch of sweets and breads to go.  He also asked if we would like sandwiches to go.  It's a nice embarkation day quiet lunch...just skip breakfast.  

We definitely enjoyed it on Apex last fall; thus we plan embarkation day lunch there.  Will have VERY light breakfast at our hotel - just enough food for DH to take his morning meds.  We sail from Bayonne in October on a Wednesday; the Plat du Jour on Wednesday is Bouillabaisse😊

• Like 1