Just now. NCL opens up to almost everyone

7 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Why does it not make sense to you?

Vaccinated or non vaccinated can get the virus and pass it on.  Actually if the unvaccinated has Covid you may see symptoms.  Vaccinated may not shows symptoms but can still pass it on.  No symptoms walk on to the ship ready to pass it on. 

So you can still try to answer my question rather than ask me a question if you can offer any logic to this situation.  Even if it is "their rules" please give me a logical explanation. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lightnin42 said:

This fails to mention “with the exception of Canada, Bermuda, and Greece”. And possibly a few other ports.

4 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@NYFirstTimeCruiser

Where did you get this from please?   Would you please put a link or the whole document?

As @Lightnin42 said there is something missing.

It came to me in an email.  There is still the fine print "Effective on sailings beginning September 3, 2022. Requirements may vary by country – Refer to Travel Requirements by Country. "  That said, I concluded that one of two things are going on:

a) NCL is really so incompetent to not make it clearer that all voyages don't qualify or

b) NCL knows that the testing requirements will be lifted by the remaining countries in the next week or two so really just want to bury it in the marketing right now

Hmmm....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Vaccinated or non vaccinated can get the virus and pass it on.  Actually if the unvaccinated has Covid you may see symptoms.  Vaccinated may not shows symptoms but can still pass it on.  No symptoms walk on to the ship ready to pass it on. 

So you can still try to answer my question rather than ask me a question if you can offer any logic to this situation.  Even if it is "their rules" please give me a logical explanation. 

Well, when somebody makes a rule (like, for example, this one), you really need to ask THEM for the explanation behind their logic. The policy wasn't created by members on Cruise Critic, so we aren't really the right people to ask for the logic.

Edited by SeaShark
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

Well, when somebody make a rule (like, for example, this one), you really need to ask THEM for the explanation behind their logic. The policy wasn't created by members on Cruise Critic, so we aren't really the right people to ask for the logic.

Got it.  No questions on CC unless it is directed to people with specific knowledge of the topic.  No opinions or speculation allowed.

That won't limit posts much.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Lightnin42 said:

This fails to mention “with the exception of Canada, Bermuda, and Greece”. And possibly a few other ports.

I could be wrong, but I think there are two parts to this:

1. The cruise line's own requirements

2. The requirements of the countries whose ports the cruise line visits.

As I understand it, NCL is dropping its OWN testing and vaccine requirements, which are separate from those of the countries they visit. I am open to being wrong about this, but it's my understanding.

38 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

I think this is only partially correct.

BOTH Vaccinated and unvaccinated can get COVID and pass it on. 

BOTH Vaccinated and unvaccinated can show no symptoms at any time.  It's called Asymptomatic.  

BOTH Vaccinated and unvaccinated people can die from COVID infection.  Currently, you have a much better chance of mild symptoms and not dying having been vaccinated and boosted.

Anyone can correct me on that as needed.

If NCL believes it is in their best interest to remove most protocols, that is up to them.  If you disagree, just don't sail on NCL.

Edited by scooter6139
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

I never said anything about 'their rules', I only wanted to know why things did not make sense to you.

Let me take a stab at why NCL, in their wisdom, changed their protocols.  They aren't overly interested in whether passengers may or may not be displaying symptoms, they are more interested in making it easier for people to book and pay for cruises.  By abandoning the fully vaccinated requirement this opens things up.  Now, vaccinated people may or may not self-assess their fitness to embark the ship and may or may not be entirely honest with themselves and others about whether they should be on the cruise and that's a risk NCL and, apparently, all the passengers will have to assess themselves.  The unvaccinated are still required to test beforehand and, I expect, that requirement will soon fall by the wayside if the new protocol works out OK... if it doesn't we'll just have to see what comes out of that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

BOTH Vaccinated and unvaccinated can show no symptoms at any time.  It's called Asymptomatic.  

BOTH Vaccinated and unvaccinated people can die from COVID infection.  Currently, you have a much better chance of mild symptoms and not dying having been vaccinated and boosted.

If NCL believes it is in their best interest to remove most protocols, that is up to them.  If you disagree, just don't sail on NCL.

I think the rest of us are ignoring this subject. That dead horse has been beat enough already. Nobody wants to argue about it anymore. Why speculate? It's not under our control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob-Bob said:

This really makes no sense.  Non vaccinated needs a test.  Vaccinated does not need a test.  I really need someone to explain this to me.

i  could easily and happily explain this to you, but i am pretty sure, based on both the way your phrased your question and the way you objected to the answers by some of the folks who responded to you, that you would summarily dismiss whatever i said.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Got it.  No questions on CC unless it is directed to people with specific knowledge of the topic.  No opinions or speculation allowed.

That won't limit posts much.

Well, be specific...are you looking for an actual answer to your question or are you willing to take wild speculation and guesses?

You said that you "really need someone to explain this". I took that to mean that you wanted fact...not fiction or opinion.

26 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

One additional point,

just because NCL has removed the testing requirement, that does not prevent you from taking a test prior to embarkation if you choose to do so....it only means that you aren't REQUIRED to do so.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob-Bob said:

This really makes no sense.  Non vaccinated needs a test.  Vaccinated does not need a test.  I really need someone to explain this to me.

Just as with vaccination and testing rules to date, if you don’t like or feel safe, stay off cruise ships which do not meet your requirements.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I could be wrong, but I think there are two parts to this:

1. The cruise line's own requirements

2. The requirements of the countries whose ports the cruise line visits.

As I understand it, NCL is dropping its OWN testing and vaccine requirements, which are separate from those of the countries they visit. I am open to being wrong about this, but it's my understanding.

You are correct. NCL must still follow the rules of every port/country it visits . If a country requires testing or vaccination NCL has to comply with those requirements.