Where on Epic to access a microwave oven?

Middleager

2 minutes ago, Middleager said:

My eye doctor told me to use heated eye mask for 10-minute at least once a day.  Where on Epic can I get access to a microwave oven to heat this mask up (just need 30 seconds)?

I'm not aware of any passenger access to a microwave on any ship I've been on (including Epic.)  Best to fill out a Special Needs form and discuss with them.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I doubt you can use a microwave, how about soaking it in hot water?

It's beads material, with cloth cover.  I could put in some waterproof bag to soak in hot water as an alternative.  But heating for 30 sec in a microwave is easiest.

2 minutes ago, Middleager said:

It's beads material, with cloth cover.  I could put in some waterproof bag to soak in hot water as an alternative.  But heating for 30 sec in a microwave is easiest.

I'm not aware of any microwave, anywhere on any NCL ship.  Possibly the Captain has one in his suite.

• Like 1

I've seen USB-powered electric heated masks, maybe look into one of those for travel.  (And then we could have a thread about whether it would go to the naughty room.)  Or, just go the ziplock-and-hot-water route, that seems like the least hassle.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, trivimp said:

I've seen USB-powered electric heated masks, maybe look into one of those for travel.  (And then we could have a thread about whether it would go to the naughty room.)  Or, just go the ziplock-and-hot-water route, that seems like the least hassle.  

Yap I'm also looking at those plug in to heat ones at  amazon.  May just need to buy one and try.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Yap I'm also looking at those plug in to heat ones at  amazon.  May just need to buy one and try.

1 hour ago, trivimp said:

Prohibited Item

21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

Edited by BirdTravels

What about using these to warm the mask?  They last way longer than you need but they're inexpensive.  Once you're done and while it's still "warm" you might consider putting it in a corner of the balcony, or someplace else that's heat resistant.

https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Hand-Warmers-Odorless-Activated/dp/B00D7H9LIA/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=hand+warmers&qid=1660259704&sr=8-7

In a Suite/Haven have your Butler bring you the heated essentials you need -

In other cabins - improvise if the heated tap water will suffice -

Still need more heat improvise further with hot hot water in a towel from the buffet -

Perhaps your cabin steward may be able to work something out.

If you don't ask for help from the crew you will perhaps never know of the solutions.

5 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I'm not aware of any microwave, anywhere on any NCL ship.  Possibly the Captain has one in his suite.

I do trust you, but I will say that I had a butler on the Bliss who brought me a huge bowl of popcorn every night.  On other cruises you generally had to wait for popcorn until the kitchen was making it for "movie night" in the Atrium or whatever.  When I asked the butler how he managed to get so much popcorn any time of the day, he told me that so many of his guests request it that he buys packs of microwave popcorn on shore (with his own money.) He said it pays for itself in tips from happy guests. 😊 So I just assumed the crew had access to a microwave somewhere.

• Like 1