Experience using Apple AirTags

mj_holiday

terry&mike 

Thank you so much for you explanation of how AirTags work and your experience.

Because they are so small I decided to put each AirTag and an index card, with name of the suitcase, in a Crown Royal Bag to go in the suitcase.  I used initials and large (or small bag) for name and  different icons on my Iphone.  We have practiced with each one with actual usage next week. Then I will update the process for our next trip.

• Like 3

We change suitcases depending on the type of holiday and store the tags in a cupboard in between vacations. As they all look the same - large button size and white - I have used some nail varnish to uniquely mark each one so I can tell them apart quickly.

10 hours ago, Kitekat said:

We change suitcases depending on the type of holiday and store the tags in a cupboard in between vacations. As they all look the same - large button size and white - I have used some nail varnish to uniquely mark each one so I can tell them apart quickly.

9 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

If you order direct from Apple, they will include free engraving.

I wish I had known about the engraving when I bought them.  So I will have to try the nail polish MacGyver.

One other tip:  I saw an article that when it comes time to change the battery you should avoid Duracell – they coat their button batteries with a bitter substance to protect children from swallowing them, but that same coating interferes with the electrical contacts so the Airtag doesn't recognize the new battery.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/07/28/airtag-replacement-batteries-no-bitter-coating/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just had our first trip (not cruise ) with apple air tags , and while there were many times when there was no contact with them, we had enough movement to know they were moving toward our plane and not setting in some corner overlooked. 
I am glad we have them, there is a lot of piece of mind knowing your bags made it. 

• Like 1

We used four Apple AirTags on recent flights from New York to Bristol via Dublin. 

Very glad we did as one bag stayed in Dublin on the way home. Really helped from a peace of mind perspective and also helped when dealing with the airline agent. 

Once our bag was in Bristol the agent couldn’t locate it in the store. Sending a noise to the tag also helped them find it!

Will definitely be using again for our cruise in January. 

• Like 5