Who to contact at Princess??

llarsen

Hi,

Could someone tell me who to contact at Princess to complain?

I feel like we are on the cruise from Hell aboard the Crown Princess in Alaska. 

They did not notify us of the itinerary changes until right before we sailed even though they knew this ship was limping along since May. I feel they were dishonest selling the original itinerary up until they notified us of changes, as they knew it would be revised due to the engine problems and they could not make the ports.. They should have taken this ship out of service! 

And of course…our cabin is at the back of the ship with all the vibration issues. 

The only way Princess will get me on one of their ships again is with a FCC. The price dropped by $1,400 and they refused to issue us a credit. 

Any help with email contact info or who to write to would be appreciated. 

We were on another of their "cruises from hell" in May. A PE to Southampton TA. 

I wrote a very specific email when we returned in the middle of May and sent it to customerrelations@ as well bcc'ed to a half dozen Princess execs. After hearing nothing after the first month, I resent it mid-June, then again Mid-July. Getting ready to send it again in a couple of days for the fourth time.  

To date I've received absolutely no response at all........from anyone. 

Best of luck in getting a response from someone. Certainly better luck than I"ve had!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

They did not notify us of the itinerary changes until right before we sailed even though they knew this ship was limping along since May. I feel they were dishonest selling the original itinerary up until they notified us of changes, as they knew it would be revised due to the engine problems and they could not make the ports.. They should have taken this ship out of service! 

And of course…our cabin is at the back of the ship with all the vibration issues. 

The only way Princess will get me on one of their ships again is with a FCC. The price dropped by $1,400 and they refused to issue us a credit. 

If you are currently on the ship, direct your complaint to the General Hotel Director, to see if they can do anything?  Move you to a quieter cabin?  Not sure what you are wanting them to do?

If you’ve tried that, you can email a few people to complain.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Jswartz@princesscruises.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

The issues with the Crown Princess were known to everyone for months.  You had a chance to cancel and rebook on another ship but you did not take it.  I don't see why you would be entitled to a $1,400 refund.  

Cold. Very cold.

1 minute ago, Bobbiegentry said:

I wrote a very specific email when we returned in the middle of May and sent it to customerrelations@ as well bcc'ed to a half dozen Princess execs. After hearing nothing after the first month, I resent it mid-June, then again Mid-July. Getting ready to send it again in a couple of days for the fourth time.  

Best of luck in getting a response from someone. Certainly better luck than I"ve had!!

I just contacted Princess at the above email address, copying Jan Swartz and John Padgett yesterday afternoon.  I explained my situation in detail.  Everything was fixed this morning!

I think some of you may not have valid complaints and the tone of the emails may not have helped either.  If you can be polite and detail with specificity your problems, you have a much greater chance to get the results you want.  If, like in the above case, a passenger complains like this, he or she is going to get nowhere.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

I just contacted Princess at the above email address, copying Jan Swartz and John Padgett yesterday afternoon.  I explained my situation in detail.  Everything was fixed this morning!

I think some of you may not have valid complaints and the tone of the emails may not have helped either.  If you can be polite and detail with specificity your problems, you have a much greater chance to get the results you want.  If, like in the above case, a passenger complains like this, he or she is going to get nowhere.

Well aren't you the helpful little butterfly. Having utterly no idea what is contained in my email, you decide that my "tone" is wrong and I'd obtain better results if I were more like you. How nice. 

Edited by Bobbiegentry
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

I'm sorry about your cruise.  I have been reading on here for months about the itinerary changes, etc.  If you booked directly with Princess they should have emailed you.  If booked with a TA then he/she should have notified you.  As for the price drop of $1400 you could not get it was probably after final payment.  Before that if you ask it can be re-fared.  After final payment I have sometimes heard people can get an upgrade or something.

12 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I'm sorry about your cruise.  I have been reading on here for months about the itinerary changes, etc.  If you booked directly with Princess they should have emailed you.  If booked with a TA then he/she should have notified you.  As for the price drop of $1400 you could not get it was probably after final payment.  Before that if you ask it can be re-fared.  After final payment I have sometimes heard people can get an upgrade or something.

Is the OP onboard now?  Not clear.

1 hour ago, Bobbiegentry said:

After hearing nothing after the first month, I resent it mid-June, then again Mid-July. Getting ready to send it again in a couple of days for the fourth time.  

😂

Welcome to 2022

1 hour ago, Bobbiegentry said:

You know that saying about people who do the same thing over and over, expecting different results? Ring a bell?

I went to the customer relations desk to ask for contact info, but I have a feeling the number he gave me is the main Princess phone number. 

He admitted he was saddened by what is going on with this ship and the way Princess has handled it. 

The crew have been outstanding. It’s Princess that I have a problem with. 

5 minutes ago, llarsen said:

I went to the customer relations desk to ask for contact info, but I have a feeling the number he gave me is the main Princess phone number. 

He admitted he was saddened by what is going on with this ship and the way Princess has handled it. 

The crew have been outstanding. It’s Princess that I have a problem with. 

He probably did give you the general phone number.  So, it sounds like you are OB now. Did you ask for the General Hotel Manager or Director?  Explain your issue with the cabin and ask to be moved or whatever it is you need.

On 8/12/2022 at 2:02 PM, toofewcruises said:

The issues with the Crown Princess were known to everyone for months.  You had a chance to cancel and rebook on another ship but you did not take it.  I don't see why you would be entitled to a $1,400 refund.  

Wrong! We were told there were no itinerary changes to our cruise! We saw on their website that the July sailings all had itinerary changes, but they were still selling our Aug 6th cruise and all of August/Sept sailings with the ORIGINAL itinerary. When we called to verify...we were told there were NO CHANGES TO OUR SAILING. 

None of us were notified until 11 days before our sailing that our itinerary had changed, and others here on CC said they never were notified.

11 days is not enough time to rebook another ship, especially with 6 family members arriving from different states. Airfare changes alone would have been a nightmare, let alone booking balcony cabins together.

$1,400 is price difference in what we paid for our balcony and the price they were now selling it at after all the problems arose. 

And your opinion of whether or not you think we should be entitled to a refund is insignificant. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 2:02 PM, PacnGoNow said:

If you are currently on the ship, direct your complaint to the General Hotel Director, to see if they can do anything?  Move you to a quieter cabin?  Not sure what you are wanting them to do?

If you’ve tried that, you can email a few people to complain.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Jswartz@princesscruises.com

Thank you!

On 8/12/2022 at 4:34 PM, llarsen said:

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi
Senior Vice President Guest Experience
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3