Masks Still Handed Out on the Ships?

SilvertoGold

We're on the Eurodam now and they handed out two KN95 masks; and yes, no one is wearing them.  We are wearing them and even got new ones we asked for from our stateroom steward.  I believe Capt. said they are required in main stage; wonder if anyone is monitoring.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

We're on the Eurodam now and they handed out two KN95 masks; and yes, no one is wearing them.  We are wearing them and even got new ones we asked for from our stateroom steward.  I believe Capt. said they are required in main stage; wonder if anyone is monitoring.  

We will be wearing them next week on the Eurodam!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, northernphoenix said:

Masking is a “ No Brainer” for our foursome.  We will be diligent on our QC to Boston itinerary(Sept 7- 17). Covid Denial can ruin many a holiday…mine and yours!

A lot of things can ruin many a holiday... mine and yours!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, colin v said:

Currently on Rotterdam. There was 10 individually wrapped blue medical masks in our room. We also found 10 from the passengers before us tucked away.

Unused I hope?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone's got choices.    We wore our masks diligently on our Eurodam Aug 13 Alaska cruise unless we were in our Cabin or dining.    We got Covid.   Perhaps we sat too close to many others in the terminal that were not wearing masks.    We do not know.  Anyway we were quarantined in our Neptune Suite since they had moved us once before from another no heat Neptune Suite and I am traveling with a 98 year old with moderate to severe Alzheimers.

Also we are five star mariners.  We had one day ashore before going into isolation.   My main objective here is to show the type of masks that was in our cabin.

IMG_5220

Edited by SFO PETER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SFO PETER said:

We wore our masks diligently on our Eurodam Aug 13 Alaska cruise unless we were in our Cabin or dining. We got Covid.  

Our experience on our recent April Zuiderdam sailing was much different. Our masks came off as soon as we crossed the gangplank at embarkation, and stayed of the entire cruise, in every scenario.

We didn't get COVID..

Go figure!

• Like 5

On 8/23/2022 at 2:07 PM, SFO PETER said:

Everyone's got choices.    We wore our masks diligently on our Eurodam Aug 13 Alaska cruise unless we were in our Cabin or dining.    We got Covid.   Perhaps we sat too close to many others in the terminal that were not wearing masks.    We do not know.  Anyway we were quarantined in our Neptune Suite since they had moved us once before from another no heat Neptune Suite and I am traveling with a 98 year old with moderate to severe Alzheimers.

Also we are five star mariners.  We had one day ashore before going into isolation.   My main objective here is to show the type of masks that was in our cabin.

IMG_5220

Thanks Peter for the pic.  I don’t see anything on the mask identifying it as kn 95.  Think I will bring some of mine when I go.

So sorry to hear the two of you were positive & quarantined but glad you could stay in your own cabin.  I hope you have both recovered and are feeling well again 🤞 

On 8/23/2022 at 5:07 PM, KroozNut said:

Our experience on our recent April Zuiderdam sailing was much different. Our masks came off as soon as we crossed the gangplank at embarkation, and stayed of the entire cruise, in every scenario.

We didn't get COVID..

Go figure!

Was that an Alaskan cruise in April?  

We did Alaska in June and our ship was pretty compliant with masks (as were we). Off the ship, not so much. We got Covid  and although we will never know where we got it, we really think we picked it up off the ship as there was no shortage of coughing and hacking going on. (the White Pass rail with a woman behind us who coughed heavily on us for the entire 4 hours comes to mind - lol)

49 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks Peter for the pic.  I don’t see anything on the mask identifying it as kn 95.  Think I will bring some of mine when I go.

So sorry to hear the two of you were positive & quarantined but glad you could stay in your own cabin.  I hope you have both recovered and are feeling well again 🤞 

It says FFP2 on the package in the picture, which is the same as (K)N95

Edited by Alphen
  • Thanks 1