Brisbane Cruising Being Treated Crook By Princess

Brisbane Cruising Being Treated Crook By Princess

Crook — Australian Slang "to be treated bad”

Are Brisbane Cruises, tired of being treated as second class to Sydney Cruisers?

Are you tired of the same old same old cruises, while Sydney gets better cruise itineraries?

What would your like to see for cruises out of Brisbane?

This is a Princess Cruise I would love to see from Brissy

14-day FIJI cruise

Brisbane                                                 BICT

Bay Of Islands, New Zealand              Bay Of Islands                                            Tender Port

Tonga                                                      Tonga Cruise Ship Terminal

Pago Pago “American Samoa”            Pago Pago Port

Samoa                                                     Salelologa Ferry Terminal                       Tender Port

Fiji                                                            Suva port

Fiji                                                            Queens Wharf Lautoka or Dravuni          Tender Port

Port Vila                                                  Port Vila Port

Brisbane                                                 BICT

Do you think that would be possible?     Would you like to see it, or something like it?

Let’s hear your thoughts….

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 4

I think it would take 16 or 17 days to cover all those ports but it would be an interesting itinerary.

If they dropped the Bay of Islands it would fit into 14 days.

They don't even do this from Sydney so I can't see why you think Brisbane is being "done crook". Most of the current itineraries from Sydney are also available from Brisbane. In fact Princess is very clever about having multiple embarkation ports on most of the bigger cruises so Brisbane doesn't miss out. 

And remember, Brisbane gets the best ship! 😊

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think it would take 16 or 17 days to cover all those ports but it would be an interesting itinerary.

If they dropped the Bay of Islands it would fit into 14 days.

They don't even do this from Sydney so I can't see why you think Brisbane is being "done crook". Most of the current itineraries from Sydney are also available from Brisbane. In fact Princess is very clever about having multiple embarkation ports on most of the bigger cruises so Brisbane doesn't miss out. 

And remember, Brisbane gets the best ship! 😊

There are no Fiji cruises from Brissy

Also NZ cruises from bissy don't stop at Bay of Islands.

May be wrong but not on any I have looked at.

Won't argue on the better ships, but they probably think big is better.🤔

37 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Are you tired of the same old same old cruises, while Sydney gets better cruise itineraries?

Aren't the islands, except Fiji, closed right now? Which makes it difficult to get to Fiji from Brisbane.

Maybe when they open up Princess will get more adventurous.

When things settle down I'd like to see a Princess cruise that visits Norfolk Island, Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau and Tuvulu. I realise that these are all tender ports with dodgy access, but I would take the risk of not being able to land.

This would be instead of the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise, which seems a lot less worthwhile now that Bora Bora is off limits to most cruise ships.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Aren't the islands, except Fiji, closed right now? Which makes it difficult to get to Fiji from Brisbane.

Maybe when they open up Princess will get more adventurous.

When things settle down I'd like to see a Princess cruise that visits Norfolk Island, Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau and Tuvulu. I realise that these are all tender ports with dodgy access, but I would take the risk of not being able to land.

This would be instead of the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise, which seems a lot less worthwhile now that Bora Bora is off limits to most cruise ships.

Thanks SinbadThePorter

Yes I'm looking at the future, when cruising is back to somewhat normal at least

What your suggesting is exactly the type of cruises we need.

I'm was thinking in the 14 day to 21 day cruises.

There are plenty of long 30 day+ cruises.

But I would like to see more interesting shorter cruises.

This winter is unusual. Princess usually only place a ship in Brisbane over the summer months. The long cruises only show out of Brisbane, as they are on an embarkation loop that includes Sydney & Auckland as well (as for the Hawaii/Tahiti and world cruises next year).

If they can sell them, a mix of some longer ones would be great. After heading north to the Sunshine Coast, it is hard to justify heading south for a single port in NZ. Otherwise I like your itinerary. Tonga & Samoa don't feature on 2 week cruises out of Sydney either, usually reserved for the longer cruises, annual Bounty cruise on P&O, and transpacific crossings.

In time, you have the potential to have it all, as you have a terminal that supports all the ships. As an indication, this is what 14 nights of Bounty cruising offers from Brisbane with P&O. I also think you will need a couple of extra days to meet your itinerary. https://www.pocruises.com.au/cruises/bounty-adventure/i434

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

The main question is what would you like to see as cruises out of Brisbane.😁

I would like to see a loop with a couple of PNG ports (including Conflict Islands), Solomon Islands (when stable), Lautoka, Dravuni, Port Vila, Champagne Bay & Isle of Pines. A bit more than 2 weeks for that one too.

• Like 1

That's it guys, ideas about what would be good cruising out of Brissy.

I was thinking 7-21 days approximately. there should be really good cruising in that time frame from here.

Also I hope you all realise the thread title is tongue in cheek!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi guys 

Not Princess, however doing a 12 nighter from Brissie in May, 2023 of 12 nights on the Pacific Encounter ( P & O ) to the islands including 2 Fiji ports.

I agree Princess should put on some new itineraries perhaps fiji, cook islands ect. 👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

What about top end cruising, Brissie, Cairns, Darwin, Komodo, Bali, Timor Leste, Port Douglas, Brissie.

I believe Komodo is now closed to cruiseships ( and not because of Covid) - the Indonesian Govt plans to make Komodo a unique (read expensive) World destination. This is what we were tol.d in 2019 - but Covid intervened. https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/it-will-cost-2383-percent-more-to-see-komodo-dragons-tour-guides-are-furious-20220809-p5b8g5.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

What about top end cruising, Brissie, Cairns, Darwin, Komodo, Bali, Timor Leste, Port Douglas, Brissie.

Great suggestion, if Komodo Island not available maybe another Indonesian port that's not currently used.

I think the reality is Sydney will always have the largest number of cruises

due to central location and the wonderful harbor....

Brisbane does ok..... one could say what about Melbourne.....

very limited Cruises  and only a couple lines end port here...

Remember it is about the Dollar... and little to do about us people....

Soap box put away..... gosh it looks a bit rickety like Station Pier....lol

Cheers Don

• Like 2

It would be great if Princess had a second ship wintering over here to do those sorts of itineraries while Coral was off doing the big cruises. They used to do that. Dawn Princess was here in winter 2016, Golden in 2017, then they stopped doing that.

To get sufficient numbers for longer cruises they'd have to operate those itineraries from both Sydney and Brisbane which, again, they used to do in the past.

Hopefully as they build their fleet up again they will consider a second permanent ship for Australia even if it's one of the older Grand class ships (which I prefer anyway).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, getting older slowly said:

I think the reality is Sydney will always have the largest number of cruises

due to central location and the wonderful harbor....

Brisbane does ok..... one could say what about Melbourne.....

very limited Cruises  and only a couple lines end port here...

Remember it is about the Dollar... and little to do about us people....

Soap box put away..... gosh it looks a bit rickety like Station Pier....lol

Cheers Don

Melbourne isn't an ideal port for winter cruising which is why the cruising from there is limited to the peak season.

Brisbane is a good winter embarkation port (apart from the odd East Coast Low, that is), and Sydney also works well. It's easy to combine the two especially if the cruises are dove-tailed like the Hawaii/Tahiti and World Cruises are.

The issue with longer cruises is that they mostly suit retirees. It's harder for those still working to get longer periods of leave - many prefer to split their leave into smaller chunks - although they could use long service leave. It's also harder for families with school-age children. 

But given how quickly the current long cruises sell out, and how popular most of the restart itineraries have been, hopefully Princess will consider Australia a year round cruise destination again.

And doing double embarkations, Brisbane and Sydney, means they can also offer short breaks to fill some of the cabins when transiting between the two ports, as they have done in the past.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hopefully as they build their fleet up again they will consider a second permanent ship for Australia even if it's one of the older Grand class ships (which I prefer anyway).

Yes much prefer the ship sizes that are under 3000pax

• Like 1

5 hours ago, portcbob said:

Hi guys 

Not Princess, however doing a 12 nighter from Brissie in May, 2023 of 12 nights on the Pacific Encounter ( P & O ) to the islands including 2 Fiji ports.

I agree Princess should put on some new itineraries perhaps fiji, cook islands ect. 👍

I have vague recollections of seeing Fiji cruises out of Brisbane in the past but I may be wrong. I know they do Fiji out of Sydney as our first cruise was on Sun Princess to Fiji. And Brisbane is closer to Fiji than Sydney so a shorter itinerary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And doing double embarkations, Brisbane and Sydney, means they can also offer short breaks to fill some of the cabins when transiting between the two ports, as they have done in the past.

Definitely like the idea of doing double embarkations. ie: the Syd-Bris loop back to Syd-Bris, I could see being very popular.

26 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Queenslanders, your Queen Anastacia, the palace-chuck probable plays a role in this...

I don't believe anyone in the government would have influence on the itineraries of the cruise ships. It would be a commercial decision by the cruiselines.