Dress Code

Caroldoll

It has been more than five years since we have been on Celebrity.  Are men allowed in the dining room in nice jeans?  Women?   We will comply with anything, but really would appreciate being brought up to speed.

Yes, jeans are allowed every night, including "Evening Chic" night (with 'designer' jeans being specified in the dress code).  Not sure what constitutes 'designer' these days though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 5:52 AM, Caroldoll said:

It has been more than five years since we have been on Celebrity.  Are men allowed in the dining room in nice jeans?  Women?   We will comply with anything, but really would appreciate being brought up to speed.

No women are not allowed in the dining room.  Rather sad, really.  🙃

The reality is, based on this website, that almost anything is permitted.  I think shorts are about the only thing not permitted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The reality is, based on this website, that almost anything is permitted.  I think shorts are about the only thing not permitted.

LOL you are funny!  

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

On 8/17/2022 at 9:45 AM, D C said:

Yes, jeans are allowed every night, including "Evening Chic" night (with 'designer' jeans being specified in the dress code).  Not sure what constitutes 'designer' these days though. 

I wear Kirkland. Very up and coming American designer. Way "Cic-i-er" than those pretentious Italian designers and they give you all of the jeans without parts ripped or missing! 😁

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

I think shorts are about the only thing not permitted.

I wish that was so.

On our recent Silhouette cruise I saw one passenger who consistently wore shorts in the MDR, even on Chic night. It could be said that it was very hot in the Mediterranean, but the MDR is Air conditioned.

The only time I heard of staff doing anything about dress, was to tell a mother and daughter that they were out of place in the Ocean View cafe and were better dressed for the MDR ( they wore beautiful long  ‘silk’ dresses).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

You may not wear shorts in the MDR at dinner, but it seems sometimes you can.

1 minute ago, Mark_K said:

It would make more sense if Celebrity would just relax that part of the dress code. They've effectively done so in practice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

It would make more sense if Celebrity would just relax that part of the dress code. They've effectively done so in practice.

It would also make sense if people would simply be kind enough to follow the dress code. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

The only time I do is on embarkation day in the MDR. Believe me I'd rather deal with the Maitre D than my wife for the following evenings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If shorts are allowed, on the first day what about men wearing sandals no socks?

If that's what you want to wear on any evening, knock yourself out. You can even paint your toenails if you want. Especially on evening chic. 

• Haha 2

Oh how I hate to ask but DH is questioning - the note at the bottom of Celebrity's FAQ concerning dress code states that T-shirts are included in the group of things not allowed in the MDR.  I "assume" this means the kind that I would call an undershirt (white, thin) and not simply a shirt without a collar.  Do I assume correctly or has something changed?  I certainly have seen and even worn a ton of t-shirts over the years at breakfast and/or lunch in the MDR of various ships. . . . . .  

On 8/22/2022 at 12:34 PM, D C said:

It would also make sense if people would simply be kind enough to follow the dress code. 

Why would it bother you if someone wore shorts in the MDR for dinner? 

Are you looking at this as a fashion violation or a rules violation? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peanutter said:

Oh how I hate to ask but DH is questioning - the note at the bottom of Celebrity's FAQ concerning dress code states that T-shirts are included in the group of things not allowed in the MDR.  I "assume" this means the kind that I would call an undershirt (white, thin) and not simply a shirt without a collar.  Do I assume correctly or has something changed?  I certainly have seen and even worn a ton of t-shirts over the years at breakfast and/or lunch in the MDR of various ships. . . . . .  

The Short sleeve T-shirts and shorts are acceptable in the MDR for breakfast and lunch.

23 minutes ago, peanutter said:

davekathy, thanks so much for the confirmation.  It's been a while since we've cruised on Celebrity (or any other line) and are just overthinking everything at this point! 

There are plenty of "T-shirts" that are fine. You don't need a stand up collar. They don't inspect people as you walk in. this is a much bigger deal here than in reality.  You often see men with those knit collarless or 2 button style "t shirts" that are quite fashionable but do not have a collar like a polo or button down.  They just don't want athletic wear....and for women absolutely anything goes. No woman ever has or will be questioned about their clothes onboard.  Enjoy vacation, you ARE overthinking. Don't stress out over it.  The staff is just happy you are there 

Haband - Men's Dressy Rib-Knit Tee

Product image

• Like 2