The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 18th, 2022

richwmn

20 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good evening everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, lists and recipes. I think that I would be a bad poet.  Love serendipity day and helium as it inflates birthday balloons 🎈. What a great quote, I may need to print that out.  The meal and drink sound very nice but hubby is taking me out for my birthday dinner so I’ll have to pass.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events! 🥂

Happy Birthday!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hello, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your sailings, which I can no longer be a part of, because there's no time to keep up with the posts, but just know I'm wishing you the best.  I want to thank everybody for the kind thoughts, and wanted to provide an update.

We finally got Home Health set up via the VA and Medicare, it took over a dozen phone calls and in the end, I don't know whose paying for it, I just know it's being handled.  So this week we've had a parade of professionals come through: an RN, Physical Therapist, and Occupational Therapist.  A hospital bed is being delivered next week, in the interim I moved down my bed which is a twin so Dad can be more comfortable.  I moved into his bedroom that he had to abandon for the living room. 

While I did my best to project optimism in front of Dad and the various therapists in terms of what we hope to achieve: ability to get up and walk, tackle the stairs, possibly even a future cruise, deep down I am not getting too carried away, privately I just want to avoid placement, we're not ready for that, and we're not ready for our family savings to be wiped out either.  

The summer days seem to be passing me by, I don't really feel like I've had a summer, if it weren't for the hot and humid weather I probably wouldn't know what season it was, but thank the land we had the AC units put in last year.  Actually I take that back, our local big box store was putting the Halloween stuff out when I went shopping this morning, a sure sign that autumn is just around the corner.  

So, now you're all caught up.  The good thing is we've had no additional hospital visits.  I will try and get caught up on the care list, until then, sending warm thoughts and bon voyages!

~Bruno

• Like 12
  • Thanks 17

Good evening, We just got back from picking Fluff up from the vet. The poor thing has to wear her cone till next Tuesday when she goes back to have the drains and pain patch removed. Her belly is completely shaved, but the vet thinks they removed it all.🤞🙏

D6DA5C0D-A42C-40A6-90B2-6886206D1D16.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Evening again, I just want to thank everyone for their good wishes and prayers for Fluff. Besides the pain patch(Fentanyl) she also gets Gabopentin. I told the vet I’m on it too, It’s a relaxer and pain medication. 
Tomorrow is a big day, it’s my brother’s 75th birthday and he is getting another car, 2021 outback  with 8,000 miles on it, I’m giving up my Impreza as a trade in , so we will only have 1 car between us. The dealership gave a great price for the trade in and we’re both happy.

Have a good night ❤️

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Hello, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your sailings, which I can no longer be a part of, because there's no time to keep up with the posts, but just know I'm wishing you the best.  I want to thank everybody for the kind thoughts, and wanted to provide an update.

We finally got Home Health set up via the VA and Medicare, it took over a dozen phone calls and in the end, I don't know whose paying for it, I just know it's being handled.  So this week we've had a parade of professionals come through: an RN, Physical Therapist, and Occupational Therapist.  A hospital bed is being delivered next week, in the interim I moved down my bed which is a twin so Dad can be more comfortable.  I moved into his bedroom that he had to abandon for the living room. 

While I did my best to project optimism in front of Dad and the various therapists in terms of what we hope to achieve: ability to get up and walk, tackle the stairs, possibly even a future cruise, deep down I am not getting too carried away, privately I just want to avoid placement, we're not ready for that, and we're not ready for our family savings to be wiped out either.  

The summer days seem to be passing me by, I don't really feel like I've had a summer, if it weren't for the hot and humid weather I probably wouldn't know what season it was, but thank the land we had the AC units put in last year.  Actually I take that back, our local big box store was putting the Halloween stuff out when I went shopping this morning, a sure sign that autumn is just around the corner.  

So, now you're all caught up.  The good thing is we've had no additional hospital visits.  I will try and get caught up on the care list, until then, sending warm thoughts and bon voyages!

~Bruno

Thank you, Bruno, for the update.  Thinking of you always and I hope the home health help does the best they can.  Be sure to take care of yourself.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening, We just got back from picking Fluff up from the vet. The poor thing has to wear her cone till next Tuesday when she goes back to have the drains and pain patch removed. Her belly is completely shaved, but the vet thinks they removed it all.🤞🙏

D6DA5C0D-A42C-40A6-90B2-6886206D1D16.jpeg

I'm glad everything went well for Fluff.  Hopefully the time will go quickly and the cone can come off. 

7 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! 

The new mother and daughter just arrived home from the hospital. Everybody is doing fine. Lily can now try out the new bassinet that Sue and DSIL bought for her.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

image000000(3).jpg.b890a413440a2b66cf260a5fc2efa282.jpg

What a proud mama and beautiful baby!

2 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good evening everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, lists and recipes. I think that I would be a bad poet.  Love serendipity day and helium as it inflates birthday balloons 🎈. What a great quote, I may need to print that out.  The meal and drink sound very nice but hubby is taking me out for my birthday dinner so I’ll have to pass.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events! 🥂

Happy Birthday to you!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

~Bruno

Bruno,  You are in my prayers.  Wishing you and your Dad all the best as he enters this new phase in his life. 

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the Daily reports, @rafinmd Roy, thank s for sharing your photos of Noumea.

We have visited Noumea duringTrans Pacific cruises on the beautiful Volendam, the little "Choo Choo" train is popular with cruise ship passengers.

@Mr. Boston Wishing you a Happy Birthday.

@kazu thank you for your post, very sad to read about poor Shadow, hope that Liz will find her very soon.

@Heartgrove thank you for sharing the lovely photo of your DD and Lily.

Gave one of the climbing roses a severe pruning, then decided to go out for lunch, so am a little late posting today.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Evening Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today was an in office day.  A meeting that was scheduled for 1 1/2 hours went over by 45 minutes.  @dfish thanks for the pictures and recipes they look good.

@marshhawk ginger appreciation day is September 1.

I hope that everyone has a nice evening.

Raven and my nephew have quickly bonded.

image.thumb.png.6430fac9453310e68c5ce31ffd33018e.png

Thanks for the picture of your nephew and Raven.   They look so relaxed and peaceful.

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

~Bruno

Bruno, thanks for the update on Dear Dad.  I hope the home health and theraphy help him, and make life easier for both of you.

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Evening again, I just want to thank everyone for their good wishes and prayers for Fluff. Besides the pain patch(Fentanyl) she also gets Gabopentin. I told the vet I’m on it too, It’s a relaxer and pain medication. 
Tomorrow is a big day, it’s my brother’s 75th birthday and he is getting another car, 2021 outback  with 8,000 miles on it, I’m giving up my Impreza as a trade in , so we will only have 1 car between us. The dealership gave a great price for the trade in and we’re both happy.

Have a good night ❤️

I'm glad Fluff came through the surgery so well.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Happy birthday.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Have a good night ❤️

Happy 75th birthday to your brother and congratulations on his new car.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy belated birthday to @Mr. Boston.  Hope you had a nice celebratory dinner.

@1ANGELCATgood that Fluff is home and sleeping it off.  Hoping she will be A-OK.  Happy 75th birthday today to your DB.  Congrats on the replacement car for him, which you will be sharing.  Sounds like a plan!

@atexsixnice to hear from you Bruno.  We will be thinking of you and DD.  Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3