So I’ve tested positive about a week out

gpnfish

7 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Testing positive is a function of how much viral load you have in your rapid test sample at any given time. 

So is testing positive---you do, or you don't.  Degree doesn't matter.  Try that at cruise check-in---"I'm just a little Covid-19 positive.  Can I still board?"

• Haha 3

Just to close this out from OP point of view.  I took pre-cruise proctored Covid test and am still testing positive.  So I am in the process of trying to contact Celebrity to let them know and get everything cancelled.  I did manage to get my “flights by Celebrity” cancelled, but not without a $200 pp cancellation fee (figures, no more flights by Celebrity for me), but I have had no luck getting the actual cruise cancellation taken care.  It’s basically “Celebrity Hell”!  Why doesn’t Celebrity have a dedicated number for these last minute cancellations?  Terrible!  Oh well, I guess there are options for my next trip, which I will probably explore.

Gary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/20/2022 at 12:00 PM, gpnfish said:

Thanks for all the input.  We are scheduled to fly into FLL on Sunday, boarding on Monday.

Right now, it’s only me; my wife is not showing any symptoms.  Hopefully it stays that way.

I don’t expect that we will make this trip, but we will wait and see what happens.  We will take our proctored test with Emed on Friday, and if negative, we will likely go.  If positive, we will not.  As I understand it, I need proof of Covid to cancel and get refunds/FCC so I need to do the proctored test anyway.  I’ll probably take a couple self-tests as we get closer to gauge the probability, and go from there

if you have the self tests your wife might also want to test to make sure that she does not have an asymptomatic case.  

2 hours ago, gpnfish said:

Just to close this out from OP point of view.  I took pre-cruise proctored Covid test and am still testing positive.  So I am in the process of trying to contact Celebrity to let them know and get everything cancelled.  I did manage to get my “flights by Celebrity” cancelled, but not without a $200 pp cancellation fee (figures, no more flights by Celebrity for me), but I have had no luck getting the actual cruise cancellation taken care.  It’s basically “Celebrity Hell”!  Why doesn’t Celebrity have a dedicated number for these last minute cancellations?  Terrible!  Oh well, I guess there are options for my next trip, which I will probably explore.

Thanks for the update.  I'm sorry you had to cancel your vacation, and I'm sorry the unwinding is getting messy.  Best of luck to you.

On 8/20/2022 at 3:47 PM, MrBill923 said:

Do your fellow flyer and cruiser a BIG favor and don't travel. Get credit and rebook soon.

Good Luck. 

,Cancelling was the right thing.

People, please do not fly unless you are 100% sympton free  and isolated for the 10 days.  We most likely  caught Covid on our way home from Florida....on the flight or in the airport.

We flew home on a  Wed. I felt quite  sick by Sat.. then my husb was sick.  Both of us have tested pos. ( his test at a walk in..mine at home) . We were surprised.

Now we have to isolate for 10 days.  He is missing work, golf etc.  We will also miss grandparents day at  day care.. can't babysit or see them at all.

We have fairly mild cases, no fever,  but still not well...No meds and told not to re test.

Our Life is disrupted...but would hate to ever pass this along!  

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

Hi, 

I was scheduled to be boarding the Celebrity Infinity today (Sep. 3, 2022), but I tested positive two days ago. I called Celebrity immediately after receiving my test results and applied for a refund. For the record, I am fully vaccinated, double boosted and had COVID in January.

Of course, I was all packed and ready for the cruise. 

I attended a rock concert a week ago where hardly anyone was wearing masks (but everyone had to show proof of vaccination). I am guessing that this is where I caught COVID for the second time.

I am currently isolating at home (not exactly a fun holiday weekend). I will be working from home next week. 

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, hcat said:

,Cancelling was the right thing.

People, please do not fly unless you are 100% sympton free  and isolated for the 10 days.  We most likely  caught Covid on our way home from Florida....on the flight or in the airport.

We flew home on a  Wed. I felt quite  sick by Sat.. then my husb was sick.  Both of us have tested pos. ( his test at a walk in..mine at home) . We were surprised.

Now we have to isolate for 10 days.  He is missing work, golf etc.  We will also miss grandparents day at  day care.. can't babysit or see them at all.

We have fairly mild cases, no fever,  but still not well...No meds and told not to re test.

Our Life is disrupted...but would hate to ever pass this along!  

CDC says quarantine is 5 days, not ten.  After 5 days and your asymptomatic, resume normal activity but wear mask for 5 additional days if out in public spaces.  

• Like 6

On 8/26/2022 at 5:56 PM, gpnfish said:

Gary

There is a dedicated number, but sorry don’t have it now.  When I tested positive a couple of days pre cruise I called the dedicated number and spoke with a very  helpful lady in the Philippines.  She told me that they couldn’t do anything until the cruise had completed.  Within less  than a week of the last day of the cruise we had a full refund, cruise, flights, transfers.  Full amount  with no deductions.   We were very surprised and very pleased. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:03 PM, 39august said:

Don't know if this is still the case, but someone posted a dedicated phone number a few months ago for positive notification. 844-418-6824. Also, you should not becharged by FBC.

Actually when you book with FBC you gave a choice of refundable or not.  Depending on where you are cruising, the$200charge is from the airline; not FBC and like not refundable.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Actually when you book with FBC you gave a choice of refundable or not.  Depending on where you are cruising, the$200charge is from the airline; not FBC and like not refundable.

Most of the domestic airlines do not charge a fee for cancelation unless it is basic economy.  Then they give a voucher that can be used up to a year to book any other flight with them.  I was quite shocked to discover the first/business class refundable flight I had booked would be assessed that $200 fee when we had to cancel due to covid.  I will never use FBC again b/c of the fee they charge even when choosing a refundable fare.  The $50-100 fare difference/increase booking directly with the airline is worth not getting stuck with their clunky booking procedures, and their fees.  YMMV

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 6:07 PM, MixerDave said:

I am confused - how can one test be more positive than another - either you test positive or you don't!  Also what does wearing a mask in a car do?

it’s kind of like being a little pregnant. 

1 hour ago, Sascol said:

it’s kind of like being a little pregnant. 

As noted in another thread ... there are very weak and very strong responses from the reagent, and everything in between, indicating how much of the marker protein is being produced based upon level of infection.