No testing for the vaccinated on cruises under 10 days!

ileys

9 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Pre-entry testing is not required

Pre-entry tests are not required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.

Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated children under the age of 12 are not required to provide a valid pre-entry test result, if they are accompanying a fully vaccinated adult.

Children who are less than 5 years old are not required to test, regardless of their vaccination status.

The section you are quoting does say “water” but does not apply to cruises. 

Just now, nelblu said:

My big concern is the last sentence of "vaccination Recommended" which asks to disclose status of at check to maintain a highly vaxxed onboard population.  This seems a bit late and problematic since you check-in 30-45 prior to sail

Yeah I noticed that as well .

... You can't make this stuff up 

14 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Pre-entry tests are not required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.

Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated children under the age of 12 are not required to provide a valid pre-entry test result, if they are accompanying a fully vaccinated adult.

Children who are less than 5 years old are not required to test, regardless of their vaccination status.

Until otherwise directed by RC, we'll be doing our precruise testing two days prior to our sail date. If they require it we can't get on the ship without the tests. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I didn’t read that. We’re taking a 14 night cruise from Copenhagen to Boston on Sept 4. Can you provide a link where it says we can do the self test? 

Cruises in Europe can do at home tests without supervision, and that made me happy (tests are expensive here), but then I saw a separate section for transatlantic cruises. We still need supervised test for TA departing from Europe

Edited by October17

Considering most sailings depart Sat or Sun, and the requirement changes on a Monday, this date was strategic to probably transition on a slower embarkation date. Not to say there are 0 embarks on a Monday, just a ton less!

15 minutes ago, DAVLIB007 said:

if unvaxxed you still need a test that is protored

Nope. For cruises 9 nights or less, excluding Canada and Bermuda, leaving from US ports.

Accepted Tests 
Guests can now take advantage of at-home antigen tests (even unsupervised ones!) to satisfy this requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

4 minutes ago, October17 said:

Cruises in Europe can do at home tests without supervision, and that made me happy (tests are expensive here), but then I saw a separate section for transatlantic cruises. We still need supervised test for TA departing from Europe

Darn. 

40 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Considering most sailings depart Sat or Sun, and the requirement changes on a Monday, this date was strategic to probably transition on a slower embarkation date. Not to say there are 0 embarks on a Monday, just a ton less!

In fact, after further review, no changes actually take affect with this policy on 9/5/22 🙂 

Indy and Freedom are your only two NA ships departing on the 5th, and not hitting up Canada or Bermuda, but they are below the 6 night threshold, so they are already exempt from vaccinated testing.

In all actuality, the earliest the change will really be noticed is on 9/10 when Symphony sails, followed by another 3 ships on 9/11/22.

All NA ships sailing 7-9 nights, and not visiting Canada or Bermuda at the start of September:

Ship Test No Test
Symphony 3-Sep 10-Sep
Harmony 4-Sep 11-Sep
Liberty 4-Sep 11-Sep
Oasis 4-Sep 11-Sep
Allure 3-Sep 17-Sep
Explorer 3-Sep 17-Sep

Mariner not listed as it rotates between a tricky Bermuda (from FL) sailing on 8 nights, but only 5 nights to Bahamas. Pesky little thing.

*While Allure and Explorer have sailings on 9/11, they are 6 nighters, and thus new policy doesn't affect them until 9/17

Edited by robmtx

6 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

Better yet, Canada should stop the covid testing requirement. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NYcruzzer said:

I understand that section of the Canada website states no testing, but the section I linked specific to cruise ships says testing IS required.  When the section you quoted states "...or water" it is referring to private vessels or ferries - not cruise ships.  I know it seems ambiguous and contradictory, but for now, if you arrive in Canada via cruise ship, you must be tested before boarding the ship.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Better yet, Canada should stop the covid testing requirement. 

I think Canada is just running out the clock on the '22 season. Both Alaska and New England will wrap up soon, then you have some one-off's into the colder months. And of course they have land/air travel, but I think they'll just wait until bulk cruising season is over to implement changes. Be ready for a fully opened Canada season in 2023!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, robmtx said:

I think Canada is just running out the clock on the '22 season. Both Alaska and New England will wrap up soon, then you have some one-off's into the colder months. And of course they have land/air travel, but I think they'll just wait until bulk cruising season is over to implement changes. Be ready for a fully opened Canada season in 2023!

But we don't want to wait. 😪

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GCS2000 said:

Canada killing me, lol.

Oh well have to hope for the best for my Alaska cruise in 25 days

From what we're reading...CANADA isn't requiring testing for entry. Wondering why Royal is requiring it to sail from Vancouver

Got a 10 night the first part of October

From what we're reading...CANADA isn't requiring testing for entry. Wondering why Royal is requiring it to sail from Vancouver

This is what I found about Canada testing: I agree with you Steve-O! We are sailing to Vancouver from Hawaii and doing b2b. It ll all so confusing. Do we self test or proctor 🤷‍♀️

6DA39672-9183-4A72-958A-320D99996946.jpeg

5 minutes ago, cruisincon said:

From what we're reading...CANADA isn't requiring testing for entry. Wondering why Royal is requiring it to sail from Vancouver

This is what I found about Canada testing: I agree with you Steve-O! We are sailing to Vancouver from Hawaii and doing b2b. It ll all so confusing. Do we self test or proctor 🤷‍♀️

6DA39672-9183-4A72-958A-320D99996946.jpeg

The Government of Canada currently requires all passengers boarding a cruise ship in Canada or boarding a cruise ship that will be visiting Canada to have pre-embarkation tests.  Nothing to do with the cruise lines, they just get wrongly accused of it.

• Like 2

I have mixed feelings about this new protocol. I'm glad that we no longer have to do pre cruise testing because it was nerve wrecking however, I am a little concerned about them now accepting home administered covid test because there will be people who will provide false negatives because didn't administer the test correctly and there will be those people that will either purposely submit a false negative or knowingly be sick but still cruise. 

I understand we must get back to the way things were before covid but I think covid cases will soar on cruises now due to this change.... not trying to be negative but all of us with a cruise scheduled in the future should probably accept the fact that we will probably all get off the ship with covid.

• Like 3