Still need photo for check in?

The place you take a selfie for checkin is the same place you upload the details of your passport or ID. Just below it. I literally just registered for an October cruise this morning and that's where it was.

Not required though to fully register. I skipped my 3 kids since they were already at school when I registered, but I'll probably modify it later to add their photos. You can complete registration without the photos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geneticsguy said:

The place you take a selfie for checkin is the same place you upload the details of your passport or ID. Just below it. I literally just registered for an October cruise this morning and that's where it was.

Not required though to fully register. I skipped my 3 kids since they were already at school when I registered, but I'll probably modify it later to add their photos. You can complete registration without the photos.

Thanks for that info! Very helpful! When I went to add a photo, all my checks were in place and stated all done. I just checked it after reading your post and saw where to add. 

22 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

I hate my picture. Can we take it over?

Actually, yes, you can.  I uploaded a photo via the app when I checked in on my phone, but later when I was on my PC, I uploaded a different photo that I liked better.

5 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Actually, yes, you can.  I uploaded a photo via the app when I checked in on my phone, but later when I was on my PC, I uploaded a different photo that I liked better.

Thank you for this. It's truly an awful picture. (I know we all don't like our own pic, but this is really really bad.)

You can do registration without photos.  Before my July cruise was canceled (thanks COVID!), I did the check-in for everyone in the house, including my niece who doesn't live with me.  The rest of us took our photos and completed the check-in, while hers was completed without the photo.  No issues at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I just scanned the passport photo when I renewed mine a couple years ago and use that for check-in

I also used our passport photos, but I took them so I had the JPGs and uploaded them.

2 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Are you able to upload a previous pic?

Mine looks like I can only take a selfie. I don’t see any link to my photos.

You can upload a photo if you use the website.  When I did my initial check-in, I was on my phone, and when it wanted a photo, I just snapped pics of our passport photos shown on my computer screen.  Those looked sort of crappy, so I went back and uploaded the original JGP using my computer.  

21 hours ago, rudeney said:

I also used our passport photos, but I took them so I had the JPGs and uploaded them.

You can upload a photo if you use the website.  When I did my initial check-in, I was on my phone, and when it wanted a photo, I just snapped pics of our passport photos shown on my computer screen.  Those looked sort of crappy, so I went back and uploaded the original JGP using my computer.  

I will try the website now. Thank you!

IT WORKED!

Edited by KATHYMAC68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Takes all of 20 seconds to just let them do it at the terminal.

I think even if you upload a photo, they take it again at the terminal.  So really, I'm not sure why they have you uploaded it at all. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rudeney said:

I think even if you upload a photo, they take it again at the terminal.  

Only if not taken properly or the photo doesn’t get downloaded to the check in staff IT system - with a good photo, they won’t. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rudeney said:

I think even if you upload a photo, they take it again at the terminal.  So really, I'm not sure why they have you uploaded it at all. 

I'm using the same photos we used in 2019 and haven't had a photo retaken at the pier in the 5 cruises since then, all at different ports. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:54 PM, cruisegal40 said:

I hate my picture. Can we take it over?

Ugh my picture in Alaska was AWFUL.....we had just gotten off a 6 hour wind blown Kenai Fjords tour with my beanie on and I had to take it off......it looked scary haha

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Only if not taken properly or the photo doesn’t get downloaded to the check in staff IT system - with a good photo, they won’t. 

One thing about this that I noticed are the two "consent" check-boxes next to the photo - one for boarding, one for photography.  I know I checked them when I uploaded the photo, but for my next cruise, I just went back in and they are unchecked (I edited and checked them).  I wonder if by not checking the "boarding" consent means they retake it at the terminal?

4 hours ago, rudeney said:

I wonder if by not checking the "boarding" consent means they retake it at the terminal?

I don’t think so - I think that pic is used for facial recognition. Pre COVID they had that on the way in towards check in. 

On 8/24/2022 at 2:22 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, after second time Royal telling me my uploaded pic wasn't perfect decided to just have it done at Terminal from now on

I don't bother anymore either. I uploaded photos for 2 different cruise and both times they took it again anyway. 

• Like 1