What would you like to see added to the menu?

Joelocal

We were talking about what we would like to have on the main dining room menus that currently is not offered.

We all agreed that toasted sourdough garlic bread should be on the Princess Favorites. I know they don't have it on the menu, but we would prefer it over the bread baskets. I am sure the chefs could doctor it up and make it Princess.

Next is mushroom risotto. We have requested this from the head waiter several times and it was always awesome. Just put it on the menu once a cruise.

Last is a Guamanian dish called Chicken Kelaguen . Graded fresh coconut, bbq chicken, jalapeno peppers, onion, soy sauce, and lemon juice. A unique dish and very tasty.

What would you like to see on the menu?

• Like 2

Some pastries that are dairy free. The only dairy free desserts offered are sorbet and a rotating flavor of a moose type pudding. Good? Yes but a cookie or cake or even a piece pie would be nice. 

Otherwise I would enjoy trying more dishes that are specialities of the places that the ship is visiting. 

I agree with more regional dishes.  If we are on Princess tours, they sometimes last all day and we don't always have an opportunity to sample local food.  I would imagine it might be more difficult for the chefs to obtain these foods at arrival ports rather than stocking up at departure ports, but that would be the top of my wish list.

• Like 4

The Indian food on board is as good as you can get at an L.A. specialty restaurant. Figures, some of the kitchen staff is from India. Should be an onboard specialty restaurant for this.  

Princess should bring back their Spicy Cheese Twist bread. Recipe is online though. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, cruisepest said:

Coral, 

I have to say go back 30 years, with the pastas made table side.

That is fine. I think I started cruising frequently in 1997 or 1998.

When I was on a ship in December - they said they are not even doing sectional cooking in Club Class and gave me a reason why which I no longer remember. Heck, I even liked sectional cooking for certain dishes that they did before COVID. I think Bananas Fosters, Cherries Jubilee and pasta all'arrabbiata.

Edited by Coral

24 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Princess should bring back their Spicy Cheese Twist bread. Recipe is online though. 

I forgot those. I also liked the sun dried tomato rolls. The bread on the last trip had little variety. 

I agree - they seem to do Indian food well.

28 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

The Indian food on board is as good as you can get at an L.A. specialty restaurant. Figures, some of the kitchen staff is from India. Should be an onboard specialty restaurant for this.  

really enjoyed the flavors and serving experience. I'm a big fan , if your gonna serve mashed, whipped, scalloped ... potatoes. Do em' from scratch, at least in the dining rooms. 

• Like 2

I really like the idea of more cuisine fitting the region of the cruise. I would love some legit Mexican dishes on a Mexican Riviera cruise.

But other than that, I'm pretty happy with the Princess offerings. There are usually a few menu items that we never make at home or see in local restaurants. So, variety is great.

Jim

• Like 3