The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 26th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning all!

We're going to have a cooler day today and that's welcome because I'll be baking that huge apple pie today for tomorrow.

We're cat people but love the dogs from our past (we were both raised with cats and dogs) and the dogs in our extended family now.  Both TP and women's equality are important -- funny that TP has its own day though.

I'll pass on all today (meal, drink and red wine).  Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor the awesome photos!!  As bennybear said, I almost felt like I was there.

The last dog I had, Riley.  Mom and Dad named him Riley because he had the "life of Riley" after having been abandoned.  Here they are on a CA beach some time in the 60's.

Riley.thumb.jpg.83fe0e7dfc277debd2185eb8f16cf0b9.jpg

And our current grand-dog, Rogue.  Our DS and DDIL's pup.  She's very sweet and loving.

1662873339_Rogueface.thumb.jpg.1d2e24338ab034c86169fb2c5e6f064a.jpg

• Like 32

35 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily and Fleet Report Rich. Thanks to all for sharing. 

Just a quick note before I get ready, I’m taking DM to an appointment this morning and then we will go to lunch. 

In honor of Dog Day:

Our DGD and her almost stepsister love to take silly pictures of their pug Smokey. 

ED207F3A-409E-4AAE-91ED-800FA49F6111.thumb.jpeg.5e31ad753a00637fd4cd2d0f9f3d33bf.jpeg

And here our favorite dog, Blue.

05CD5DB0-771B-4A21-A866-B6E4E6933676.thumb.jpeg.bd3190c2d545c5d69a20fb9f12574805.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

Sweet photos.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're going to have a cooler day today and that's welcome because I'll be baking that huge apple pie today for tomorrow.

We're cat people but love the dogs from our past (we were both raised with cats and dogs) and the dogs in our extended family now.  Both TP and women's equality are important -- funny that TP has its own day though.

I'll pass on all today (meal, drink and red wine).  Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor the awesome photos!!  As bennybear said, I almost felt like I was there.

The last dog I had, Riley.  Mom and Dad named him Riley because he had the "life of Riley" after having been abandoned.  Here they are on a CA beach some time in the 60's.

Riley.thumb.jpg.83fe0e7dfc277debd2185eb8f16cf0b9.jpg

And our current grand-dog, Rogue.  Our DS and DDIL's pup.  She's very sweet and loving.

1662873339_Rogueface.thumb.jpg.1d2e24338ab034c86169fb2c5e6f064a.jpg

Nice photos.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

All good days. Many here love dogs and thanks for all the photos. Yay for Women's Equality. Toilet Paper Day is appropriate for me.

Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal and drink and take the wine.

I've never been to Aqaba. Thanks for the photos.

It's sunny and warm, although we're to get showers later. Well, not a good evening or night for me. I don't know if it was eating something fried, or food poisoning, but a few hours after my early dinner with BFF, my stomach started to hurt and then intestinal distress. I finally got to bed and barely slept, I think between about 5 to 6:30AM. I'm trying to follow the BRAT diet today, although I don't have any bananas. I was even afraid to have my coffee this AM; maybe soon. I'm not a nap person, but maybe I can try later.

@StLouisCruisers Great photos, thanks. It does sound like some type of medical emergency happened to your neighbor. Prayers for Linda.

@Heartgrove I just filed a claim this morning for my plaster damage and roof wind damage. I figure it can't hurt to try.

@grapau27 Cute video.

@kazu Good to hear the doctor didn't find a medical malady. Beautiful flowers.

@Cruzin Terri I hope things are going better for you today.

@ger_77 Fruity tasting wine is definitely better than metallic tasting!

@aliaschief Nice pictures.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Wow! Just wow! Thank you!  I have always wanted to visit Petra, and almost felt like I was there! 

did you walk back? 

Thank you.  I hope they didn't go on too long.  It's hard to pick 4 or 5 photos to post especially on such a fabulous sight!  So I posted a lot of them.  Yes, we did walk all the way back.  As I mentioned when we got back to the visitor center walkway, I nearly fainted so I sat down in the shade to recover.  And drank more water!

I've been enjoying everyone sharing their canine photos.  The humans here sure love their dogs!🐕

And Vanessa @JazzyVfeel better soon.  I hope it wasn't food poisoning.  That's one of the sickest times in my life when I had food poisoning in the early 80's.  🤢

• Like 23

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

All good days. Many here love dogs and thanks for all the photos. Yay for Women's Equality. Toilet Paper Day is appropriate for me.

It's sunny and warm, although we're to get showers later. Well, not a good evening or night for me. I don't know if it was eating something fried, or food poisoning, but a few hours after my early dinner with BFF, my stomach started to hurt and then intestinal distress. I finally got to bed and barely slept, I think between about 5 to 6:30AM. I'm trying to follow the BRAT diet today, although I don't have any bananas. I was even afraid to have my coffee this AM; maybe soon. I'm not a nap person, but maybe I can try later.

@StLouisCruisers Great photos, thanks. It does sound like some type of medical emergency happened to your neighbor. Prayers for Linda.

@Heartgrove I just filed a claim this morning for my plaster damage and roof wind damage. I figure it can't hurt to try.

@grapau27 Cute video.

I hope your stomach settles down quickly Vanessa and you have no more pain.

Graham.

• Like 11

I have never been to Aqaba but I have been to Petra on a land trip through the Holy Lands. This was back in the mid 1980's. At that time the only way to go to Petra was individually, by horseback with a Bedouin guide leading each horse. The long winding entrance then the sudden sight of the Treasury was awesome. At that time there were no facilities at all., only the Bedouin tent city which we were not allowed into.

I am another cat person who is enjoying seeing all of dog photos. 

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 23

Thanks for the Daily!!

I rarely post but visit quite often.  Nice group of people here.

We just booked a TA for next fall on HAL and are really looking forward to it 🙂.

We are on our way to pick up our grand dog as our son and family are going on vacay for a week.

Our grand dog is a Dobie mix rescue.  He is a sweetheart but he is a thief!  Last time we took care of him he ate a TV remote, 2 socks, a N95 mask and 6 hamburger buns. Lol.

we are ready this time😂

Jo

• Like 18
  • Haha 11

38 minutes ago, jodi58 said:

Thanks for the Daily!!

We just booked a TA for next fall on HAL and are really looking forward to it 🙂.

We are on our way to pick up our grand dog as our son and family are going on vacay for a week.

Our grand dog is a Dobie mix rescue.  He is a sweetheart but he is a thief!  Last time we took care of him he ate a TV remote, 2 socks, a N95 mask and 6 hamburger buns. Lol.

we are ready this time😂

Jo

Nice to hear from you Jo @jodi58.

Graham.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

Two dogs that stayed in my room on the last cruise I took. It was because I missed my service dog and the room stewards wanted me to feel safe. Those dogs weren't replaced the next day but moved to a shelf and stayed the whole trip. 

IMG_3817.JPG

Linda, how sweet that your stewards did this for you!  They really do care and this just proves that fact. 

Vanessa @JazzyV, I’m sorry you feel so bad. I’ve had food poisoning twice and it’s not fun. I actually called my doctor the first time because I was so sick and he prescribed something, seems like it started with a P. Second time I had some old Zofran and took that even though it was expired. I’d avoid the coffee today though.  Feel better soon!!

• Like 19

7 hours ago, richwmn said:
Roy posted earlier

I

'm going to try to get my car in early for service today so here's a preview of my TGIF lists.

Today’s care list:

Cruisin Terri hurting
Sandi’s neighbors David (RIP) and Linda in critical condition
HAL Sailer Sister in Law recovering from cancer surgery
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Fluff healing from surgery
ger_77 with loss of taste
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/11)
From the rotation:
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
Atrex6 Father severely declining
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Anniversary Crabby Pattil
indaler’s son settled in new house
Volendam caring for refugees
Tana’s spunk
Quartzite cruiser making progress on medical appointments
Norseh20 finding DM great assisted living facility
3 days for Oceansaway17 (Quantum OTS 8/29 to 9/5)
2 days for Vax1700 (Rotterdam 8/28 to 9/11)
2 days for Kochleffel (Voyager OTS 8/28 to 9/3)
1 day for luvteaching (Crown Princess to 9/3, Eurodam to 9/10)
Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam  to 8/27), Aliaschief (Rotterdam to 8/28),   Av8rix (Zuiderdam  to 8/31) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy just to  let  you  know I had  surgery on my  temple right side

and also on  my cheek  below  my  right eye for 2  cancer  spots

on the  15th and  just had a phone call from  my  surgeon to give  me  the  results , everything  is clear  and  good to  go.

I will celebrate with with some wine tonight. YAY  for  the  great  news.

Jim.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, irishjim said:

on the  15th and  just had a phone call from  my  surgeon to give  me  the  results , everything  is clear  and  good to  go.

Jim.

Delighted to hear your excellent news Jim.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  The yard work is finished, and I'm cleaned up too and enjoying sitting outside.  It's not too hot today, and there is a good breeze that keeps coming and going.

To celebrate the cooler, but still hot for many weather, we'll grill a ribeye to split for dinner.  There will be baked potatoes, salad and of course our, cardbordeaux Pinot Noir, too.

We still miss Brandy and Nikki, and miss watchimg them play together.  I'm enjoying all the dog pictures.

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jacqui, @kazuthank you for those beautiful floral photos today.  I wish my thumbs were half as green as yours are.  Thank goodness for your thorough and thoughtful doctor!  I hope the prescription helps you to calm your nerves after the terrible year you've had.  And you're welcome for the Petra photos.  It's an amazing place.

We got an email from our POD captain who passed along an article from a Tennessee radio news station reporting on the car accident Wed. afternoon.  There were some non-graphic photos of the scene and it was a jolt to see their Honda CRV crashed into a bridge abutment.  A witness said it veered off the highway onto the grass at an exit ramp and never braked, then ran into the bridge.  I suspect some type of medical emergency occurred and Linda didn't have enough time to figure out a way to stop the car.  Two med-evac copters took them to hospitals, it said.  Linda is supposedly having surgery today on her two wrists and back injury.  Keeping her in my prayers.

Sandi, I also suspect a medical emergency.  There is a good chance he was either unconscious or already dead, and did not feel any pain.  Linda and her recovery are in my thoughts.

4 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Cool and gloomy with rain this morning. Bandit and Monty want to report me for doggie abuse on this, their special day,  since I hauled them out to do their morning business. Both boys went very quickly and then made a run for house. Monty in particular seems to feel that Chihuahuas will melt in rain.... Bandit is made of sterner stuff. We will go out again in a few hours if it stops raining. This certainly will give the shelter roof a good test.

Think I can skip the meal. Will have to see what I feel like later in the day. Love the pictures today. Thanks.

Need to resume the clearing efforts. It is slow. Yesterday I was sorting out book and of course kept trying to read some. Got very little done.

Susan

Susan, I hope the shelter roof does not leak.  I think sorting books takes longer than anything else because you just have to look through so many of them.

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good afternoon! We had a rather interesting day in Flam. Our tour started with the classic story the big train that could or at least thought it could. As we ascended the steep grade out of Flam the trains steel wheels kept slipping on the rails. After backing up twice and going faster on the third attempt the train groaned I think I can and we made it to the crest.

That put us behind schedule and we were rushed and we missed a couple of stops.

Though rain, fog, low clouds there was still a lot of beautiful scenery and some very impressive waterfalls.

We’ll see if these post as signal is pretty weak in fjord. A few failed to load. Later.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.f9e3396c160d6464ffb308733185375e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.166639d2afb79c59ba7eaa52e6776eb3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c870c3b48868412a6a731956d59b7094.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b5131e2eec7de01d54cd4a781393328b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4f655247197f90d3c327c39da68364ca.jpeg

Bruce, glad the train made it up the hill. That is spectacular country.  Thanks for the pictures.

3 hours ago, lindaler said:

Two dogs that stayed in my room on the last cruise I took. It was because I missed my service dog and the room stewards wanted me to feel safe. Those dogs weren't replaced the next day but moved to a shelf and stayed the whole trip. 

IMG_3817.JPG

Linda, it was nice of your stewards to give two dogs for your cruise.  The HAL stewards are so amazing and caring.

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

A quote in honour of Dog Day, although I don’t remember who it’s attributed to.

Everyone thinks they have the best dog, and none of them are wrong.

I really like the quote.  Our Nikki was the best dog, and Brandy was too, until we got Nikki.  Then, Brandy turned into the ultimate Alpha female.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@grapau27 Cute video.

Vanessa, I hope you feel better soon.

1 hour ago, jodi58 said:

Thanks for the Daily!!

we are ready this time😂

Jo

Welcome to the Daily, Jo.  I had to laugh when I read what all your grand dog ate.  I just hope the two socks were a matching pair. 🤣

30 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Jim.

Jim, that is great news about your recent surgery. 

14 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for your kind comments and prayers. I am trying to work through the situation.

Terri

Terri, i hope you can work through the situation soon, and find the best results for you.  (((HUGS)))

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Jim.

Jim, always the best news when they call with an all clear.  Enjoy your happy hour!🍷

19 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for your kind comments and prayers. I am trying to work through the situation.

Terri

I'm sorry you've had such a disappointing experience with someone you thought was your friend.  Sending hugs and good thoughts to you!🤗

6 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, I also suspect a medical emergency.  There is a good chance he was either unconscious or already dead, and did not feel any pain.  

Lenda

Lenda, from another article which updated the first one, it says the accident was just before 1:30 pm and he passed away at the Univ. of Tennessee Medical Center around 6:21 pm.  So no he didn't die immediately.  In this photo you can see how far the car went on the grass, because there is a guardrail and even some type of sign in the background which look to be intact.  The article also said the car went airborne and crashed into the bridge abutment.  So shocking, even for the witness behind him who said he saw no brake lights.  I hate that this happened!Aug-24-f-IMG_0906.jpg

There are actually two helicopters in this photo but the one in front is blending into the background.

Aug-24-wreck-1-IMG_6114-1024x768.jpeg

The sign I saw at the start of the guardrail is probably another construction one like the one on the left.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 13

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I don't know if it was eating something fried, or food poisoning, but a few hours after my early dinner with BFF, my stomach started to hurt and then intestinal distress. I finally got to bed and barely slept, I think between about 5 to 6:30AM. I'm trying to follow the BRAT diet today, although I don't have any bananas. I was even afraid to have my coffee this AM; maybe soon. I'm not a nap person, but maybe I can try later.

I hope you are soon feeling better, Vanesss 🙏🏻 I wonder if Imodium would help?  I think you definitely need a nap, poor thing.  Take care. 

42 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Good news, indeed Jim 👍 

1 hour ago, jodi58 said:

Nice to see you posting, Jo.  Don’t be a stranger.  You are most welcome here every day 🙂.  I laughed at your story but OMG I can’t figure out how the dog didn’t need to get to a vet with the mask, socks and remote.

I am sure you have your house well dog proofed this time 😉 

26 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

thinking of you Terri.  I hope you can work through it and remember, some people are not worth your hurt or time.  Sometimes we find out the hard way who our true friends are. 😢 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

I hope you are soon feeling better, Vanesss 🙏🏻 I wonder if Imodium would help?  I think you definitely need a nap, poor thing.  Take care. 

Good news, indeed Jim 👍 

Nice to see you posting, Jo.  Don’t be a stranger.  You are most welcome here every day 🙂.  I laughed at your story but OMG I can’t figure out how the dog didn’t need to get to a vet with the mask, socks and remote.

thinking of you Terri.  I hope you can work through it and remember, some people are not worth your hurt or time.  Sometimes we find out the hard way who our true friends are. 😢 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good news, indeed Jim 👍 

+1.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, jodi58 said:

He was fine 😄   He only swallowed the hamburger buns! The rest were mostly shredded , not eaten.

Thanks for the welcome!

Thank goodness!  I've seen too many Incredible Dr. Pol episodes with foreign objects in dogs' stomachs, requiring surgery!

• Like 16