Jr Suites on Explorer of the Seas

2 hours ago, Hans Solo said:

Does anyone know if Jr Suites on Deck 6 have dividers on the balcony that can be opened to connect 2 cabins?  Looking at 6392 & 6394.

Thanks.

Balcony dividers on Explorer cannot be opened. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mafig said:

How was the condition of the JR. suite on Explorer and also the ship in general?

I had no problem with my JS on EX last March.  Was on for B2B, "on the hump" on deck nine.  

Since EX was never "amped"...it was great to have the old CL still in place on deck nine. 18 steps to morning Latte from my cabin door. 😉 

Did not like the mentioned hard wall balcony set up (felt closed in)...but overall enjoyed the ship.  Chops is so much nicer with the floor and ceiling windows as a view.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Like a heavy steel cave.   Quite a bit of rust and peeling paint. 

Kathy said I had to use my inside voice (which you know is a hard thing for me, 😁) when on the balcony because of the cave effect. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I had no problem with my JS on EX last March.  Was on for B2B, "on the hump" on deck nine.  

Since EX was never "amped"...it was great to have the old CL still in place on deck nine. 18 steps to morning Latte from my cabin door. 😉 

Did not like the mentioned hard wall balcony set up (felt closed in)...but overall enjoyed the ship.  Chops is so much nicer with the floor and ceiling windows as a view.  

You were able to use the concierge lounge in a JS?

On 8/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, mafig said:

How was the condition of the JR. suite on Explorer and also the ship in general?

The room was fine and very nice size compared to the newer ships.  The ship needs a refresh but still in great shape.

On 8/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, mafig said:

How was the balcony?

I found the balcony to be on the smaller side.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CTSandy said:

Just off Explorer Sunday - Jr. Suite interior was fine, balcony had mega rust   and peeling paint.  I do try not to get excited about that because I realize they had a couple of tough years, but it was pretty ugly.

Same thing we found.  

• Like 1