The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 29th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Sounds like someone is getting a bit lazy and not reading records. Not a good thing. I am a little concerned about this same thing with my current PCP and may have to do a switch.

Susan

I think that someone doesn't like it when patients aren't meekly submissive.  All I wanted to do is be sure it was covered by insurance.  Why is that such a threat?

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, what a tale.  I think that is why our PCP wants to be kept in the loop with all the various doctor visits DH is having.  He even wants to be the one to see DH instead of his very capable PA.  So far, with our insurance, we don't need pre-authorization unless the doctor requires it.  I hope you get everything worked out.

My endocrinologist agrees with me.   He said this is not someone I want treating me.  We decided that I would wait until I moved to Michigan and got established with someone up there and they would forward my records.

35 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I THINK I had some good news today.  The results came back for the specialty tests my doctor ordered last week and they were all within the normal range.  Not sure how that relates to the regular tests but it is somewhat reassuring.

Roy

I think it sounds like good news, too!   Let's celebrate!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 24

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It's a hot and humid day and is supposed to last a few days.  They are promising nice weather for the holiday weekend.   I'm not a pesto fan so will pass.  I enjoy our trips to Montreal.  We've only visited on a BHB.  Sadly HAL doesn't offer any excursions for those doing a B2B. 

Amelia joined me yesterday as I watched Mighty Cruise Ship episode on Diamond Princess. 

20220828_154443.thumb.jpg.1bba36fa9e7f4dc58954b06a05834c1c.jpg

• Like 24

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I THINK I had some good news today.  The results came back for the specialty tests my doctor ordered last week and they were all within the normal range.  Not sure how that relates to the regular tests but it is somewhat reassuring.

Roy

Good news my friend.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick note before I start reading today’s Daily. 

Annie @marshhawk — yesterday you asked about Verifly. Prior to our last cruise I looked into it and it seemed so complicated and not worth the bother, plus it appeared to be optional. So I decided not to do it and it turned out not to be a problem at all.  In fact, when checking in for one of our flights or customs (I honestly don’t remember where but it was in Europe) the agent said “I don’t blame you, it’s a mess”. That made me laugh. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

This "gem" I found on FB seems to sum up our rain chsnces most days when we have rain predicted.

May be a cartoon of text that says '4-6-08 Crabby Road I guess the phrase "there's a 50% chance of precipitation" does sound more scientific than might rain... might not. gaogner Halimark Licensing, Inc. Maxine.com'

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, that sounds like good news to me.  Any time tests are in the normal range, is a time to celebrate.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I think that someone doesn't like it when patients aren't meekly submissive.  All I wanted to do is be sure it was covered by insurance.  Why is that such a threat?

My endocrinologist agrees with me.   He said this is not someone I want treating me.  We decided that I would wait until I moved to Michigan and got established with someone up there and they would forward my records.

I think it sounds like good news, too!   Let's celebrate!

Debbie, I'm glad you talked to the endocrinologist and he thought the matter could wait until you are settled in Michigan.  That makes me think that while he wants the problem checked out, it is not of immediate concern.

Lenda

• Like 19

Just had a humdinger of a storm here. Dark, very windy, lots of lightning and thunder, and downpours (at times sideways). My power winked off, but only briefly, thankfully. More overnight storms probable.

@dfish Oh, I wouldn't be happy with that Endocrine surgeon.

@rafinmd Good news about the tests, Roy.

• Like 19

Good afternoon friends!  Thank you for the Daily and Fleet Report Rich. I saw your post on our roll call and agree that staying close to the airport pre cruise the night before your flight is a good idea. We live close enough to the airport that we don’t have to do that. 

Today DM had her 1 year lung cancer CT in preparation for her appointment Friday with the oncologist. She’s amazing and I’m sure everything is going well. Her 93rd birthday is on Sunday. 

Annie @marshhawk, I forgot to add in my previous post about not having Verifly that checking in at the pier in Barcelona was not an issue.  In fact, I sort of felt rushed it happened so fast. 

Terri @Cruzin Terri, it was good to read that the situation with your friend has been resolved. I was talking to my DM about an old situation (1996) that happened in our family with her husband’s daughter. The daughter was trying to put a rift between them and included me in her scheme. My dear Mom felt very upset that I was becoming friends with the daughter. It took me a while to figure out what was happening and when I did really put the breaks on our friendship. I wasn’t going to let her divide my Mom from me. After my stepfather passed she moved away and we haven’t heard from her since. 

Jacqui @kazu, I’ll be praying for good weather for Jose’s celebration of life and for your knee to get better. 

Terry @smitty34877, the same thing happened to me once—left turn driver behind me honked, got irritated, zipped around me and sped off through the light.  I was on my way to work and it kind of shook me up. I started using a different route after that. 

We have been to Montreal but I’m embarrassed to say that we didn’t tour around. One was pre cruise and one was post cruise. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Greetings from a wet and soggy Juneau everyone! 

This is our week on the Crown Princess before transfering to the Eurodam. So far all is well. We have a mini-suite (using up credits) and the location is good. However, who decided (in a handicapped accessible cabin) to have no outlets on either side of the bed? There is one set of two plug-ins at the desk and then one behind each of the tvs (yes, we have two) but that's it! There are no USB charging ports at all. 

The food has been good and the entertainment has been excellent. I didn't realize how much I missed the production shows until watching "Encore" last night. I do enjoy the dance ones on Holland but the music is such a nice addition. 

We're still docking but we'll venture out for a bit once the crowds get off. What we'll do is weather dependent. If the rain lets up we'll walk out to the whale statue or over to the Alaska State Museum. If it doesn't we'll go get postcards and come back on ship. 

Karen

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I've never seen a bat around here other than in the zoo.

We have never had more than two bats flying around inside our house at the same time. We have seen numerous bats in our house over the past 10 years; cannot figure out which tiny space they are squeezing through to get in the house.

We have seen dozens of bats come out from under the cedar shingles of our neighbor's house and had bat guano on our window air conditioner. I love that bats eat tons of mosquitoes, but do not like them in the house.

• Like 15

Good evening everyone,.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and the Fleet Report.

Interesting group of days.  Not sure about the bats.  More herbs instead of salt sounds like a winner. And as for motorist consideration day, well there was little consideration on I-95 between Jacksonville and Bluffton today.  That’s a 170 mile run.  A number of accidents. Lots of tailgating and lane switching, etc. 

The quote is interesting, but I’ll pass on the wine, drink and meal.

I have not been to Montreal (DH has) but we are scheduled for a New England Canada cruise next year.

Today did not turn out as I had hoped.  

First of all, I have said nothing but after stopping the Prednisone on August 12, the pains returned.  I managed to get in touch with my primary care doctor today and he ordered a blood test.  As I thought, the Polymyalgia Rheumatica has reared its ugly head again. So I am back on Prednisone. 10 mg daily for now. I don’t know for how long.  This disappoints me since i was thrilled that I thought I was doing so well. I knew i had to do something because the pains were getting increasingly worse by the day and impacting on my daily activities.  

Secondly, I saw the hand surgeon.  He suspects Carpal Tunnel Syndrome but is somewhat skeptical because of the PMR.  So, next Wednesday, Sept. 7 we trek down to Jacksonville again for EMR tests on both arms for definitive answers.  Oh Happy Day!  This sucker hurts like hell!

So to say the least, I was not a happy camper today.

To add insult to injury, it took us almost 4 hours to get home due to lots of accidents on I-95. Did I mention inconsiderate drivers.  They were all out today.  Is there a full moon?

Anyway,  I have not read through the posts but will do so,.  Thank you for the lists, Roy and the menus to @dfishDebbie and @cat shepard for the wine and @summer slopefor the drink recipe.

Prayers to all that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Thank you for sharing and caring.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, I'm glad you talked to the endocrinologist and he thought the matter could wait until you are settled in Michigan.  That makes me think that while he wants the problem checked out, it is not of immediate concern.

The problem does need a solution because it could morph into something more serious.  It is causing my body to harvest calcium from my bones.  There are other symptoms I am dealing with but they are more annoyances than serious.  My recent bone density scan did show a noticeable decrease in bone mass in my right hip.   So, the sooner I get it taken care of, the better.   It isn't a difficult surgery at all.  Outpatient and done quickly.  Recovery is a couple days.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

@Cruzin Terri, So sorry to hear today did not turn out as you hoped. I’m now waiting almost a month to hear from my Dr about Botox for my Carpal Tunnel and spasticity on my left arm. It’s an insurance company decision. Can you elaborate on what test they will perform next week?

Have a peaceful evening.

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, dfish said:

The problem does need a solution because it could morph into something more serious.  It is causing my body to harvest calcium from my bones.  There are other symptoms I am dealing with but they are more annoyances than serious.  My recent bone density scan did show a noticeable decrease in bone mass in my right hip.   So, the sooner I get it taken care of, the better.   It isn't a difficult surgery at all.  Outpatient and done quickly.  Recovery is a couple days.  

Wow, I didn't realize what affect it was having.  It's too bad the surgeon's office messed up so badly and then lied.  I know you would have liked to have it behind you before the move,

Lenda

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone,.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and the Fleet Report.

Interesting group of days.  Not sure about the bats.  More herbs instead of salt sounds like a winner. And as for motorist consideration day, well there was little consideration on I-95 between Jacksonville and Bluffton today.  That’s a 170 mile run.  A number of accidents. Lots of tailgating and lane switching, etc. 

The quote is interesting, but I’ll pass on the wine, drink and meal.

I have not been to Montreal (DH has) but we are scheduled for a New England Canada cruise next year.

Today did not turn out as I had hoped.  

First of all, I have said nothing but after stopping the Prednisone on August 12, the pains returned.  I managed to get in touch with my primary care doctor today and he ordered a blood test.  As I thought, the Polymyalgia Rheumatica has reared its ugly head again. So I am back on Prednisone. 10 mg daily for now. I don’t know for how long.  This disappoints me since i was thrilled that I thought I was doing so well. I knew i had to do something because the pains were getting increasingly worse by the day and impacting on my daily activities.  

Secondly, I saw the hand surgeon.  He suspects Carpal Tunnel Syndrome but is somewhat skeptical because of the PMR.  So, next Wednesday, Sept. 7 we trek down to Jacksonville again for EMR tests on both arms for definitive answers.  Oh Happy Day!  This sucker hurts like hell!

So to say the least, I was not a happy camper today.

To add insult to injury, it took us almost 4 hours to get home due to lots of accidents on I-95. Did I mention inconsiderate drivers.  They were all out today.  Is there a full moon?

Anyway,  I have not read through the posts but will do so,.  Thank you for the lists, Roy and the menus to @dfishDebbie and @cat shepard for the wine and @summer slopefor the drink recipe.

Prayers to all that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Thank you for sharing and caring.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry things did not igo as you hoped, and that you are back on the prednisone, too.  I hope the traffic is better next week.

Lendaa

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@Cruzin Terri, So sorry to hear today did not turn out as you hoped. I’m now waiting almost a month to hear from my Dr about Botox for my Carpal Tunnel and spasticity on my left arm. It’s an insurance company decision. Can you elaborate on what test they will perform next week?

Have a peaceful evening.

EMG is Electro Myogram.  it is basically a nerve conduction study.  They stick needles up and down your arm and you get shocks when the needle is stuck in.  Quite painful and needless to say i am not looking forward to it.  However, the insurance companies require it in order to authorize Carpal Tunnel Surgery.

i see that I made a typo and wrote EMR rather than EMG.  Sorry.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

EMG is Electro Myogram.  it is basically a nerve conduction study.  They stick needles up and down your arm and you get shocks when the needle is stuck in.  Quite painful and needless to say i am not looking forward to it.  However, the insurance companies require it in order to authorize Carpal Tunnel Surgery.

i see that I made a typo and wrote EMR rather than EMG.  Sorry.

Terri

Thanks, I had 2 of these done but they called it an ENG. The first one last December supposedly was normal, the one in July by a different doctor is the one that shows Carpal Tunnel. I agree it wasn’t pleasant. I just want a result that I can live with.

• Like 9

Gosh, and I thought I had a terrible doctor, who wouldn't treat me for my cough, because I hadn't done anything about seeing someone else for my cough.  My friend Debbie has told me about how much she loves her doctor, and when i asked about it this last weekend, she told me that her doc, has quit office visits and doing telemedicine only.  Now, a doc can see so much about your health when you are in the office with them, just by looking at your hands.  What if the lighting is off.  In my zoom meetings i look like one of the Bluemen group.  I am not blue.  I think telemedicine is great for psychiatry, but not for health related problems.  I think this world has gone to Hades in a handbasket.  It has a pretty bow on it, and that bow is called apathy.

@Horizon chaser 1957 You waxed poetic tonight with the swallows and the bats.  It was beautiful, and I read it to DH and he loved the imagery.  When we were not so addicted to TV we would sit out, and count the stars as they appeared, and any thing terrestrial.   We would say when things appeared in the sky..., star, star, planet, meteor, bat.  Star star, satelite, bat, bat....owl!   Now we stay inside and hide from the  mosquitoes this year, as West Nile has been found in our county.  Cant wait for cooler weather, less humidity and a breeze!

@Sharon in AZI have to admit, we aren't flying anywhere, but driving from Atlanta to Mobile, a five and a half hour drive (not including stops at Cracker Barrell for breakfast and lunch).  When they check me in I can show them my vaccine status-very up to date, with two boosters. 

I did get the reservations changed from earn a 1K points night to Park and cruise, which cost  64 dollars more, but they drive you, parking at the hotel is cheaper, and they feed you breakfast, and once I get to the hotel, there is a restaurant right there.  In the hotel.  Not sure if they have a pool or not.  But while I love to swim after a long drive, it's not mandatory.

The money is now moved and tomorrow we can order our tickets to fly to Vancouver and back for next May, on my very first HAL cruise.  I am so excited, but wish you were all coming with me!

29d2fa6ec504b3a4f9bec814a1227a5e.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Sharon in AZI have to admit, we aren't flying anywhere, but driving from Atlanta to Mobile, a five and a half hour drive (not including stops at Cracker Barrell for breakfast and lunch).  When they check me in I can show them my vaccine status-very up to date, with two boosters. 

I did get the reservations changed from earn a 1K points night to Park and cruise, which cost  64 dollars more, but they drive you, parking at the hotel is cheaper, and they feed you breakfast, and once I get to the hotel, there is a restaurant right there.  In the hotel.  Not sure if they have a pool or not.  But while I love to swim after a long drive, it's not mandatory.

If you have all your documents I truly believe you will have no problem when you check in. Good to hear you were able to fix your hotel amenities. I hope you can enjoy your pre cruise time and not work like crazy. Enjoy!

• Like 3