Find a hotel in Barcelona

papae

Been on many cruise’s but have taken a few years off 10 to be exact.

Boy things have changed.

This is my 1st cruise to the Med need some help with pre & post trip hotel.

Thanks for any help 😁

4 hours ago, papae said:

Boy things have changed.

Thanks for any help 😁

@papae

Howdy and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards.

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific port and is off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Spain Ports forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have been to Barcelona frequent this forum and can provide the feedback you need.

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new replies on your Followed threads because they will come looking for you as notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard the Cruise Critic message boards!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

There is a thread about hotels in Barcelona just a little bit lower.

In general you can use just any hotel booking portal and pick something that fits your price range. I just recommend to stay in the centre around the Barri Gothic and the Ramblas. There you do not find so much American chain hotels but more typical local ones and can walk to many sights and restaurants.

Edited by carlmm

If you are spending a couple of days in Barcelona, I recommend the Gothic quarter.  We stayed at the Gran Barcino Hotel, which was convenient to everything, but otherwise unremarkable.    I did not like the vibe on the Ramblas and would not choose to stay there.

If you are coming into the city for one day primarily to make sure you don't have to hurry to the cruise (as flying in on the day of embarkation can be risky), I'd suggest staying at a hotel at the main train station, which is easy to get to from other cities or from the airport and is an easy taxi ride to the port the next day.   We stayed at Hotel Barcelo Sants, which is at the train station (you need to go out one door and back in another, but otherwise is really is right there) and was clean and well-priced.  It was also walking distance from one of our favorite restaurants of all time, Petit Pau.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:40 AM, FetaCheese said:

Will be staying 1st time at Hotel Continental Palacete on Las Ramblas.  Old world style hotel.  Reasonable rates.

We stayed here in 2016 and dream of going back. It is not a typical american hotel. We LOVED it and the staff that worked there.

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 4:09 PM, KeroTravel said:

For our upcoming trip in April 2023 we'll be staying at Avenida Palace for 3 nights before sailing on Symphony.  Very reasonable and the reviews were generally positive.  

We have stayed at the Avenida Palace and also have positive things to say.  It was close, but not on the Ramblas so it was a little quieter and closer to the Gaudi houses.  

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:28 PM, mskaufman said:

We have stayed at the Avenida Palace and also have positive things to say.  It was close, but not on the Ramblas so it was a little quieter and closer to the Gaudi houses.  

This will be our second time to Barcelona.  We don't mind the short walk to Las Ramblas, if we need to.  We chose Avenida this time around, because its closer to some of the sites we didn't have a chance to see last time.  

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:57 AM, papae said:

Boy things have changed.

Thanks for any help 😁

We have booked Hotel Granvia, but have our eyes on Hotel Jazz if it opens up for our dates. 

Hotel Jazz. Near everything.   Fyi...very deep tub/shower with no grab bars. Had knee replacement and literally couldn't get leg out. Lovely gentleman at reception said they do have handicapped rooms...I would ask for that next time.

• Thanks 1

We stayed 4 days prior to our cruise earlier this year at Iberostar Selection Paseo de Gracia that is located at the  Placa Catalunya. It's a 4-star hotel close enough to Las Ramblas for easy access. There are lots of wonderful restaurants within a short walk and it's very close to many popular sites. It has a rooftop terrace with pool, a restaurant (wonderful breakfast though it does cost extra) and a fabulous staff who went above and beyond for us this past spring. Our room was comfortable and spacious.

We were so impressed that we're going back there with some dear friends of ours for another 4-day stop before our cruise out of Barcelona in 2023.

It's not cheap but we felt it was a good value for what we received.