Do I care if my luggage tags have Emerald instead of D+?

rrraydon

RC is having so many technical difficulties right now. Including the edocs not having the luggage tags attached or in my case having the incorrect level on the luggage tags. My tags do have the correct cabin number so I’m thinking that’s all that’s important. 
Unless of course I’ve forgotten something that may be beneficial with having D+ tags verses Emerald tags.

My sail pass does have D+.

Am I forgetting something?

Edited by rrraydon

2 minutes ago, BND said:

It makes no difference at all what status shows on your luggage tags.

That’s what I’m thinking too. 

Now if my sail pass had Emerald on it, well that’s a whole new ball game! 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm pinnacle but if I happen to share a cabin with someone who is emerald or platinum then the luggage tags for both of us will show the lower loyalty level.  It is pretty useless for them to even bother putting C&A level on the luggage tags.  Nobody from the porters to the crew delivering the luggage cares or even looks.  They just see deck, quadrant on that deck, and move it to that location.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rrraydon said:

RC is having so many technical difficulties right now. Including the edocs not having the luggage tags attached or in my case having the incorrect level on the luggage tags. My tags do have the correct cabin number so I’m thinking that’s all that’s important. 
Unless of course I’ve forgotten something that may be beneficial with having D+ tags verses Emerald tags.

Sorry. Could be worse. You could be gold. Your tier level has been realigned. Your SeaPass card will reflect that once you are onboard, 

1 hour ago, Anton said:

I'm pinnacle but if I happen to share a cabin with someone who is emerald or platinum then the luggage tags for both of us will show the lower loyalty level.  It is pretty useless for them to even bother putting C&A level on the luggage tags.  Nobody from the porters to the crew delivering the luggage cares or even looks.  They just see deck, quadrant on that deck, and move it to that location.

Good to know. That is the reason why my tags are Emerald, my cabin mate is Emerald. 

• Like 1

Interesting!  I never noticed that before (I just check to see if the ship and cabin number are right). My daughter is a Platinum cruiser and I’m an Emerald and our tags say Platinum (she’s 4 points behind me. That bugs her!)  I don’t know what difference it would make unless they’re faster about delivering the higher status once the bags are on the ship. Since I’m already dressed (you’re welcome 😆), I don’t care how late the bags come.

• Like 1

I would care, (not enough to have it changed)  just, I would be proud of

that status.  You paid a lot of money to achieve that.  I would be proud of that

not in a braggy way, just , look what I love to do and get rewarded for it way!!

15 hours ago, rrraydon said:

Even if your sail pass / cabin card has the wrong status, it's easily corrected once you are on board. My DH once had an issue with his C & A number being somehow wrong, and his card showed no status at all on embarkation though he was D at the time. All it took to correct it was a trip to the loyalty concierge, and it was fixed in no time and without any major hassle. They just printed a new card with the right status.

1 hour ago, kelbell said:

that status.  You paid a lot of money to achieve that.  I would be proud of that

not in a braggy way, just , look what I love to do and get rewarded for it way!!

It literally gets you nothing to have your status on your bags.  Besides who would know or even look lol?  Luggage tags are to get your luggage to at least the right floor and side of the ship.  Oh HOTS, our D+ status got us our luggage delivered to a cabin about 100 feet away.  On EN, it was at least only 25 feet away.  See what having that status gets you? LOLOLOL.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kelbell said:

You get nothing having your crown and anchor status on the luggage tags. Perhaps suites may have priority, and they are probably held in a different section, but I am positive no one looks at them to rush your luggage to you being D+.

• Like 1

Yes I know you get nothing special for having your status on luggage tags.

My thought was only she should care about her status, it takes a while to reach that

for your average working class person. Care about your status, be proud of your status,

I wouldn't change my tags, but I would also like to see it as "self-pride" Thats all.

Doesn't matter who knows or looks BND,  it's just a self pride thing thats all.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, kelbell said:

My thought was only she should care about her status, it takes a while to reach that

for your average working class person. Care about your status, be proud of your status,

I wouldn't change my tags, but I would also like to see it as "self-pride" Thats all.

Write your tier level on your luggage tags yourself and wear your tier level pin. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kelbell said:

You say it doesn't matter, yet you do reply to ALL who comment to you. Methinks you do care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cooncat_mom said:

Interesting!  I never noticed that before (I just check to see if the ship and cabin number are right). My daughter is a Platinum cruiser and I’m an Emerald and our tags say Platinum (she’s 4 points behind me. That bugs her!)  I don’t know what difference it would make unless they’re faster about delivering the higher status once the bags are on the ship. Since I’m already dressed (you’re welcome 😆), I don’t care how late the bags come.

No difference in delivery.

M

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rrraydon said:

If it bothers you, cross off the Emerald and write D+, or for that matter write any category.   Want to be Pinnacle for a day,  write that!

If you are sharing a cabin with an Emerald  passenger then the category is correct for the tags.  It reverts to the lowest category for the cabin passengers.  I think the category listing is there to make folks feel special.  Of course in your case it backfired

Category on the tag is MEANINGLESS.   

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

This is the case for us as well for our up coming cruise at the end of the month.  DW and I are Diamond, DD is Gold, so luggage  tags say Gold Member.

We will be putting our Diamond Pins on our luggage to ensure proper treatment given our status.

NOT!

Enjoy your cruise!

• Haha 2