Babysitting

48 minutes ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

Thanks for the reply’s. 

Does anyone know of Adventure Ocean offer quiet dark rooms for babies to sleep in, in the evening for a hours ? 

As quite as a room of  screaming kids can be. And remember that "babies" go all the way up to 36 months old in the same room at the same time. 

image.thumb.png.6a76c5b4a44c4b32d567f2a1b48307b7.png

image.png.018c7c877d8fc6d1c19fc7022ff17e7b.png

image.png.8af73ccaecfa3f749529ba2b069f3be1.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm just agreeing with RCs policy. That's what you need to follow.  Take it up with RC. 

Actually, if RC wants to subsidize the cost of my cruise by offering in room babysitting at what will likely be ridiculously exorbitant prices I can’t say I’d be against it. People will pay for what they want, why stand in their way?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

Actually, if RC wants to subsidize the cost of my cruise by offering in room babysitting at what will likely be ridiculously exorbitant prices I can’t say I’d be against it. People will pay for what they want, why stand in their way?

What? Who?

• Thanks 1

RCI stopped offering in-cabin babysitting 9-30-2018. They had trouble finding qualified crew to do this on a consistent basis they could guarantee and remember it took 2 crew to do this job.

The royal Babies & Tots Nursery is a great option that we (extended family) used a few years ago when our grandkids were under 3. A great program offered on certain RCI ships. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

RCI stopped offering in-cabin babysitting 9-30-2018. They had trouble finding qualified crew to do this on a consistent basis they could guarantee and remember it took 2 crew to do this job.

The royal Babies & Tots Nursery is a great option that we (extended family) used a few years ago when our grandkids were under 3. A great program offered on certain RCI ships. 

This is great thank you 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

As quite as a room of  screaming kids can be. And remember that "babies" go all the way up to 36 months old in the same room at the same time. 

image.thumb.png.6a76c5b4a44c4b32d567f2a1b48307b7.png

image.png.018c7c877d8fc6d1c19fc7022ff17e7b.png

image.png.8af73ccaecfa3f749529ba2b069f3be1.png

Well the cots looks separate from the play room thats a start ! 

what ship was you on ? 😊

6 hours ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

‘ as indeed it should’ sounds pretty opposing to me. 

Your assumption is wrong as you can't speak for me. Like I said you have the onboard nursery option. You can thank RC. 

Edited by davekathy

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Your assumption is wrong as you can't speak for me. Like I said you have the onboard nursery option. You can thank RC. 

Are you opposed to having a sitter watch them in their cabin? I know I would prefer that option.

• Like 1

To my knowledge, no they do not offer in-room babysitting services.  It's all done in the nursery and I believe there's an extra charge for that (I could be wrong).  If the child is older (I think 3+) the kids program is no extra charge during the day (there's an extra charge after 10PM I think).

22 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Why oppose babysitting if people are willing to pay for it.

I don't oppose in cabin babysitting and feel people should utilize whatever child care options they choose, but I can understand that from a safety perspective some people might be more comfortable leaving their children in Adventure Ocean because there are multiple children and caregivers present.  

That being said, for children with disabilities or other issues who are overwhelmed by the kids club (and I thought the AO staff did a very good job, but for some children it might be overwhelming) it would be nice to have the option of private babysitting like Royal used to have.  However, that's difficult because it was completely voluntary - crew members had to be willing to babysit on their very limited time off, and parents expecting babysitting services might be very disappointed if its not an option, so it might be easier for Royal to cancel it altogether than to find two crew members with the same time off who were willing to babysit. 

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

Thank you for all (well almost all) for your Inputs. 

He sleeps in in Pram no problem, so we plan to just push him around with us IF the Tots does not work out.  We are on an 11-night cruise and wanted one MAYBE 2 nights where we could have an evening for us.  Whatever the outcome Im sure we will have an amazing time.