Royal Up - Navigator of the Seas

fac429

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this.  Sailing on Navigator on October 28.  Hadn't received a Royal Up e-mail invitation, but also noticed that I may not have been opted in to the marketing e-mails until now.  Went to the site, got the "make sure you're within 30 days" message.  So I have a few questions:

1) Anyone else on this cruise had the opportunity to make a bid yet?

2) Now that I'm opted in, should I receive an invite to bid?  

3) Anyone have any luck trying to place a bid directly through the site (not via e-mail invitation) more than 30 days outside of sail date?

I really did try to read as much as possible about the program so I wouldn't have to ask this here, and it's kind of weird how random the program seems to be...

Just kind of freaking out that I may miss my opportunity to place a bid, as I think this may be a good opportunity to snag a nice upgrade...

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You can always just submit one through the website. But I think paid upgrades are getting few and far between now. 

Sorry if I wasn't clear- I tried to do that, but received a message that I couldn't make a bid because it was more than 30 days from our sail date.  But from what I've read it looks like it's fairly common for people to be able to make bids far more than 30 days outside of their departure.

I would be surprised if there were no upgrades available, it appears that there's quite a few open cabins on this ship for this particular date (though perhaps RC is expecting a rush on those in the next few weeks).

Just now, fac429 said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear- I tried to do that, but received a message that I couldn't make a bid because it was more than 30 days from our sail date.  But from what I've read it looks like it's fairly common for people to be able to make bids far more than 30 days outside of their departure.

I would be surprised if there were no upgrades available, it appears that there's quite a few open cabins on this ship for this particular date (though perhaps RC is expecting a rush on those in the next few weeks).

Best of luck to you! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

OP...Keep trying the website to put in a bid. We were very lucky (but that was in January) went from a JS to an OS ( 7 nighter Mexican Riviera) our bid was $450.00pp. Our total cruise was just under 5k all in and found out our bid was accepted one week before sail date. Loved the OS on Navigator !!! 

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, fac429 said:

1) Anyone else on this cruise had the opportunity to make a bid yet?

Ask that in the Roll Call thread of your sailing. Royal Up wins usually come within a month of sailing so you still have some time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fac429 said:

2) Now that I'm opted in, should I receive an invite to bid?  

3) Anyone have any luck trying to place a bid directly through the site (not via e-mail invitation) more than 30 days outside of sail date?

It's hit-or-miss who gets the invitations to bid. I always have a group with me and some get the invite and some do not. Some get them 45 days or more in advance, some do not. But everyone can bid by going through the website without an invitation, but without it they haven't been able to more than 30 days out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sailor05 said:

It's hit-or-miss who gets the invitations to bid. I always have a group with me and some get the invite and some do not. Some get them 45 days or more in advance, some do not. But everyone can bid by going through the website without an invitation, but without it they haven't been able to more than 30 days out. 

Thank you!!  That's what I was hoping to hear.  I was concerned that I wouldn't get an invitation AND that I wouldn't be able to go through the site, even within 30 days.  If I can still use the site then it's fine, I'll sit tight until then.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Ask that in the Roll Call thread of your sailing. Royal Up wins usually come within a month of sailing so you still have some time. 

The roll call for this cruise is virtually non-existent.  I think I'm one of only 2 or 3 people who have posted anything there.  It's a ghost town...

6 minutes ago, fac429 said:

The roll call for this cruise is virtually non-existent.  I think I'm one of only 2 or 3 people who have posted anything there.  It's a ghost town...

You may also look on the alternative social media site for such a group.

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

OP...Keep trying the website to put in a bid. We were very lucky (but that was in January) went from a JS to an OS ( 7 nighter Mexican Riviera) our bid was $450.00pp. Our total cruise was just under 5k all in and found out our bid was accepted one week before sail date. Loved the OS on Navigator !!! 

Great deal, love the navigator.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

We are booked on the 10/31 sailing and received the email invite this morning.  Hopefully you have received one by now.  We also booked direct this time since it was a cheap, short cruise, although usually use a TA that participates. 

Thanks- I didn't receive an invitation, but at the 45 day mark I was able to log in to the site and make some bids.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fac429 said:

Thanks- I didn't receive an invitation, but at the 45 day mark I was able to log in to the site and make some bids.  Fingers crossed!

Good luck, navigator was my first grand suite, totally loved it that was ten years ago, sailed her two other times all three in grand suites.

• Like 1