FYI, new vax check process for embarkation

Bushdog

Hey folks, as I know this is new - and YMMV. We just boarded Oasis out of Bayonne this AM. When we were checking in, we made sure we brought our vax cards and were ready to present. Here was our experience with the process.

Royal associate: "Hi, good morning. Are you both vaccinated?"
Me: "Yep"
My Wife: "Do you need to see our cards?"

Royal associate: "Nope"

So - the vax check just like the testing, are effectively perfunctory at this point. For show, I suppose.

Will be interested if others have the same experience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Wonder what would happen if an unvaccinated guest fibbed and said yes and then got sick while onboard?

Given the fact that regardless of vaccination status, you can both spread it and get sick.... Nothing. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Bushdog said:

Hey folks, as I know this is new - and YMMV. We just boarded Oasis out of Bayonne this AM. When we were checking in, we made sure we brought our vax cards and were ready to present. Here was our experience with the process.

So - the vax check just like the testing, are effectively perfunctory at this point. For show, I suppose.

I am on the same ship, and that is exactly how the process was for me as well.

Radio

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What does it matter since even if you said you weren't vaccinated all you would have to do is show them a picture of a random test that you could have pulled off the internet while you were waiting in line.

Just going through the motions as a feel good effort.

Well, exactly. Just reporting on the experience as this new policy went into effect. They've moved to effectively no Covid protocols.

5 hours ago, Bushdog said:

We are on the same cruise and we not asked a thing about our vax status.We just got our set sail passes scaned and showed them our passports. 

12 hours ago, NSnewcruiser said:

We are on the same cruise and we not asked a thing about our vax status.We just got our set sail passes scaned and showed them our passports. 

Honestly, This is how it should be. Both vaxxed and not can get it. This virus is now endemic and will be here like the flu. No one asks you about being vaccinated for flu. Lets get back to living our lives. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Don't they already have that verified when we upload the Vax cards on the app before the cruise?

You aren't asked to upload them in the app anymore.

(As an aside, doesn't look like we'll be able to get to D+ on next June's Wonder cruise but did manage to squeeze in another 4 nights on Indy next month; that's how I know. As it stands, we'll be exactly 7 points short at least so will likely get there on the next cruise after Wonder in June at least.)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Radio said:

I am on the same ship, and that is exactly how the process was for me as well.

Radio

Well enjoy.  Our Oasis cruise last week was the final one without unvaccinated adults on it and testing>  I hope we don't hear about a bunch of sick people onboard or they may have to reassess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Bushdog said:

Same process for us on Mariner in August out of PC, although they did ask my 68 year old wife if she was more than 23 weeks pregnant.😵😂

• Haha 5