Crown N Anchor Diamond

Kehau

1 hour ago, true45 said:

Hi

Just booked Odyssey with grandchildren - long time since we sailed Royal.  We usually are on Celebrity.

Was told by Crown& Anchor rep that there will be waters and plate of cookies as chef’s gift in our cabins as Diamond.  Do we need to order or is it automatic?

Is there cappuccino in the Diamond lounge?  I’m addicted. 😆.

Thanks.  We are very excited.

by the way, does anyone know how many dress up nights on a 6-day sailing?

Call the CAS, 1-800-526-9723 and tell them your drink preference. Chefs choice you just get.  

4 hours ago, true45 said:

Hi

Just booked Odyssey with grandchildren - long time since we sailed Royal.  We usually are on Celebrity.

Was told by Crown& Anchor rep that there will be waters and plate of cookies as chef’s gift in our cabins as Diamond.  Do we need to order or is it automatic?

Is there cappuccino in the Diamond lounge?  I’m addicted. 😆.

Thanks.  We are very excited.

by the way, does anyone know how many dress up nights on a 6-day sailing?

it's been in the stateroom on boarding (water and usually cookies)

7 hours ago, true45 said:

Waters and cookies are automatic.  

You can also choose a "welcome beverage" which you must call to place on your account as your preference.  Depending on your CAS level, the choice is a can of pop or a bottle of beer.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:27 AM, Merion_Mom said:

There was a JR BOGO a loooooong time ago.  Long gone.  Long before they tried to appease us with a milkshake BOGO.

You can get a wash 'n' fold bag on any cruise, but you only get the discount on a cruise of 5 or more nights.

You can use it on (for example) Day 5 of a 7 night cruise.  Lately, mine has come back the next day.  

Yep. I'm sure you remember when we got those coupon books in the cabin. The coupons varied with C&A level. I believe we did get a JR coupon along with free photo, photo discounts, spa discounts, and some other stuff including our drink vouchers. My wife took it as a challenge to use all our coupons. 

I bet you also remember when JR was a no upcharge venue. That didn't last long. 

1 hour ago, bilyclub said:

I can remember the free cover charge once a voyage being a perk. When the first JR's opened it was free if I'm remembering correctly.

That’s correct. On our first RC cruise it was free and lines to get in went on forever. Then they started charging but C&A members got a coupon for a free visit (don’t believe beverages were included). All levels got the coupon as I think we were only gold or at best platinum at the time. Not big fans so usually gave the coupons away. 

25 minutes ago, gerif said:

That’s correct. On our first RC cruise it was free and lines to get in went on forever. Then they started charging but C&A members got a coupon for a free visit (don’t believe beverages were included). All levels got the coupon as I think we were only gold or at best platinum at the time. Not big fans so usually gave the coupons away. 

The last time we ate at JRs was 2009 on the Explorer. Free food but we had to pay for our shakes. 

On 9/16/2022 at 6:00 PM, SoBe2010 said:

Do you say, when ordering your beverages, that you wish to use a diamond coupon?

Yes, it’s super easy and most times they see you’re Diamond on your sea pass card and know what to do. I never had any trouble being charged incorrectly. This is such a fantastic benefit. It’s great to get a drink when ever you want one and not just between happy hours. This is the best perk in my opinion. We loved it. Even my daughter who doesn’t drink alcohol was able to enjoy a some mocktails and even specialty coffee. I never found a time that the drink was over the $13 value. It was great! 

• Like 1

The best part about reaching Diamond is that you are now in a group of a select few cruisers that have shown their loyalty to cruising Royal Caribbean Cruises for many years. Your loyal status affords you a number of perks only available at your status level obtained. Wear your Diamond status loyalty pin with pride and notice that you are one of the very few that seem to reached the status as there is a lack of others on your sailing wearing the Diamond Loyalty Status Pin. 

Read the letter from the loyalty advisor that you receive on the ship. Take advantage of any perk you enjoy. 

And of course… cruise cruise cruise. 

also… SMILE. Life is fun!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the 4 drink any time perk.  I have this scary feeling they will take it away once they realize less people are buying the drink package.  I'm assuming less people are buying them because for the first time in several cruises, I didn't buy one.  I'm hoping this stays a perk!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slyster said:

I love the 4 drink any time perk.  I have this scary feeling they will take it away once they realize less people are buying the drink package.  I'm assuming less people are buying them because for the first time in several cruises, I didn't buy one.  I'm hoping this stays a perk!

I am not buying it either (for the first time)    I'm going to watch my account and see what it takes to drink 1K worth in a week.   I expect I'm better off just paying. (diamond member)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slyster said:

I have this scary feeling they will take it away once they realize less people are buying the drink package.

I don't think they could remove it at this point.... it's way too popular of a perk, and would likely drive what is now a guaranteed loyal fan base over to a competitor.

Remember the outcry when they did away with the crystal block program?  It didn't take them but a minute to reinstate that program.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SoBe2010 said:

Thanks for all your input. I am curious now, if JR will be part of a promo on my upcoming cruise.

Another oldie question since it's my first RCCL cruise since 2016: bathrobes still delivered to your stateroom as a diamond member?

We have our first RCCL cruise since 2017 coming up in a few weeks and are also curious to see what has changed. We have been diamond level for about 14 years and pretty much had it figured out but so much has changed since the shutdown we almost feel like first timers again. That's not entirely a bad thing but the comfort of having "done the drill" was pleasant. 

1 hour ago, SoBe2010 said:

Thanks for all your input. I am curious now, if JR will be part of a promo on my upcoming cruise.

Another oldie question since it's my first RCCL cruise since 2016: bathrobes still delivered to your stateroom as a diamond member?

Usually...every once in a while your cabin steward will forget. (Embarkation or turn-around day, is always tough for them.) If missing, just let them know.

* There are 2 types of bathrobes (that I know of)...1 has the Royal Caribbean logo, and the other has the Crown & Anchor logo. The C&A appears to be a bit "plushier". :classic_smile:

4 hours ago, SoBe2010 said:

Especially since COVID, I think they're only doing robes on request.  

No sense putting them in the rooms if they're going to have to be laundered even if they aren't used.

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

I don't think they could remove it at this point.... it's way too popular of a perk, and would likely drive what is now a guaranteed loyal fan base over to a competitor.

Remember the outcry when they did away with the crystal block program?  It didn't take them but a minute to reinstate that program.

How long has it been a perk?  I wouldn't put anything past them.

On 9/19/2022 at 8:04 AM, SoBe2010 said:

You don't have to be Diamond to get a bathrobe.  I'm not there yet (almost), but I don't remember not having a robe in my cabin.🤔

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

You don't have to be Diamond to get a bathrobe.  I'm not there yet (almost), but I don't remember not having a robe in my cabin.🤔

See the post 6 before yours:

On 9/19/2022 at 8:32 AM, bonsai3s said:

* There are 2 types of bathrobes (that I know of)...1 has the Royal Caribbean logo, and the other has the Crown & Anchor logo. The C&A appears to be a bit "plushier". :classic_smile: