Will my bag get sent to a naughty room?

GORDONCHICK

21 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Do you have the email address for the special needs department?

special_needs@rccl.com.  be sure to include your booking reservation number, the ship, the daily date, cabin number, and passenger names.

20 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I assume this post means the steward changed the in-room thermostat higher, which some had done during the day when we are out and about, but all we had to do is reset it where we wanted. I havent been on the Infinity for a while, but Every SR on Every Celebrity ship Ive been on has its own thermostat.

If a Steward did that in the evening, which makes no sense, tell the steward to leave it alone.

We need good cool SRs to sleep and have always been able to set our temperature nice and low. 

Den

No, the cabin is around 68 degrees when we go to bed and during the night sometime is when it's starts to get hot.  Been this way on every ship since the 90s that we have sailed on, no matter the line.  We figured the ships turns it up to save fuel, idk.  We keep the thermostat as low as it will go and as far as we can see, it's never changed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terre said:

No, the cabin is around 68 degrees when we go to bed and during the night sometime is when it's starts to get hot.  Been this way on every ship since the 90s that we have sailed on, no matter the line.  We figured the ships turns it up to save fuel, idk.  We keep the thermostat as low as it will go and as far as we can see, it's never changed.

I guess that’s where we will disagree. We set ours nice and cool and it’s pretty much that temp when we wake up.

And that’s pretty much on all the ships We’ve been on.

den

6 hours ago, Terre said:

We have had this happen a couple of times:

1) due to a faulty thermostat - quickly fixed by the electrician.

2) the main cause: either you or the passengers next to you having the balcony door (s) open. Not so quickly fixed as the offenders need to be found which requires someone to stand outside the cabins and listening for the "whistling" noise. The cabin Aircon systems are in groups which is why the actions of one inconsiderate passenger can affect others. 

The problem shouldn't happen with Infinite Balcony cabins or any other type where the Aircon turns off immediately you open the window.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Terre said:

We have had the same experience on Celebrity ships. We also assumed the ship's system was set to adjust the temperature in all cabins at night to cut costs. I often will lower the temperature during the night and it does trigger the AC and solves the problem of the stuffy room.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

We have had the same experience on Celebrity ships. We also assumed the ship's system was set to adjust the temperature in all cabins at night to cut costs. I often will lower the temperature during the night and it does trigger the AC and solves the problem of the stuffy room.

We've encountered this on a few cruise lines.  But a fan circulating air is always helpful, too, IMO.

• Like 1

This fan is the absolute MVP.

It's incredibly powerful, compact... I love the thing.  Taken it all over on all my travels - I MUST have a fan when I sleep and I absolutely love this one.

It easily lasts two full nights on low, but would definitely last one on high.

https://www.opolar.com/collections/battery-fan/products/opolar-mini-handheld-battery-operated-personal-fan

On 9/12/2022 at 6:40 PM, GORDONCHICK said:

I am incredibly hot natured and I do not sweat, which means my body has no way to cool itself off when getting hot.  It's really a pain, and I hope not to have another heat stroke.  I travel with at least one fan, even on cruises.  Years ago, I had no issues.  But then some cruiselines (but not all) would pull my luggage when a fan showed up on the bag x-ray.  I would then have to go to a specific room (sometimes called a naughty room - usually for people smuggling alcohol).  You had to open your bag there and then engineers had to come clear my fan before I could take it and my bag to my cabin.  With the newer ships requiring a card in the slot for the AC to work (or anything else for that matter) and it takes too long to cool the cabin off.  The fan is for that (coming back from excursions) and for sleeping.  The cabin is never going to get cold enough for me to sleep well without it.  

Does anyone else travel with a fan and have experience in this on X?  I do on a couple of other lines, but not this one.  Mine are small-ish (9X9) and the electrical cords are perfectly intact.

Try to pack in a carry on.  Still have to go through detectors but at least it is done there and you don't have to go claim it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Try to pack in a carry on.  Still have to go through detectors but at least it is done there and you don't have to go claim it.

I did that once and it was confiscated just after the detectors.  Granted, it was a different line.  I was able to reclaim it after engineers checked the cord.

On 9/14/2022 at 2:52 AM, the penguins said:

We have had this happen a couple of times:

1) due to a faulty thermostat - quickly fixed by the electrician.

2) the main cause: either you or the passengers next to you having the balcony door (s) open. Not so quickly fixed as the offenders need to be found which requires someone to stand outside the cabins and listening for the "whistling" noise. The cabin Aircon systems are in groups which is why the actions of one inconsiderate passenger can affect others. 

The problem shouldn't happen with Infinite Balcony cabins or any other type where the Aircon turns off immediately you open the window.

Never leave the door open and we keep the curtain closed during the day.  It only gets hot sometime around 2:00 a.m.  Been this way on every cruise line and cabin we've booked since the early 2000s.

Edited by Terre