Quantum & Ovation Plus - 30 Day Live (hopefully)

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We fully expect that Micheline will be near normal in the next day or 2, based on past history. 

So sorry that Micheline is in pain. I hope the combination of shots and meds will help her with pain and she can have a faster recovery. Let her know that I am thinking of her.

Sorry about your pain with the loss. Did you see this?

I hope to get a few good pictures from the train, even though the window is pretty dirty. Here’s a nice looking place to live near Shilshole Bay. 

A75B0DC0-D72B-4946-8DBE-089AA05A76DF.thumb.jpeg.c0114fd3624fa51c95d95e5c2d21f137.jpeg

And an early morning view across Puget Sound. Lots of little fishing boats out there that may not show up well in the picture. 

46D1D2FE-4ADA-4A01-A0F7-F3FF7A7FF008.thumb.jpeg.532bc9d2f0bb61791047646f52b9dde7.jpeg

There’s Wi-Fi on the train and I’ve got 5g ultra wide band coverage. Gotta love the tech forward nature of the Seattle area. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes I did. It looked a lot like me in my cabin. It looks like you didn’t have a much better day either. 

yes they played horrible. Lots of stupid mistakes will cause you lose every time.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good morning from beautiful King Street train station in Seattle. Project “Get Micheline to Vancouver” is a go. She’s feeling better and able to walk OK, so long as she doesn’t make any sudden twists or turns. Fingers crossed. 🤞

B5F59019-AEEF-42AC-AE09-14EFB25E10AE.thumb.jpeg.693d53a2e9b135990d0750b6519bba56.jpeg

I’m very glad to hear Micheline is on the mend. As someone said earlier, your next cruise should allow more time for R & R.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good morning from beautiful King Street train station in Seattle. Project “Get Micheline to Vancouver” is a go. She’s feeling better and able to walk OK, so long as she doesn’t make any sudden twists or turns. Fingers crossed. 🤞

B5F59019-AEEF-42AC-AE09-14EFB25E10AE.thumb.jpeg.693d53a2e9b135990d0750b6519bba56.jpeg

I remember the beautiful ceiling in this place! We took the train from Seattle to Vancouver for a cruise a few years ago. It was so scenic and enjoyable. So very glad that your wife is feeling well enough to continue your travels!

• Thanks 1

I’ll add a few misc. thoughts while I have a lot of

time sitting on a train. The Loyalty Ambassador on Quantum is named Lisha and she is fantastic. I talked with her on day 2. Told her that we’d be D+ after our Quantum cruise and would get on Ovation 4 days later. Was that enough time for

our D+ benefits to appear on Ovation??  She said probably no. It usually takes 1-2 weeks. However, she said she would email the LA on Ovation (a friend of hers) who could manually update our status for the Ovation cruise. I figured there was about a 50% chance that this would work and I was ready to have to have the same discussion again on Ovation. 

To my surprise, Lisha called our cabin on day 4 to confirm that the Ovation LA had replied and we were all set. I bought a ship model (we have one for every ship we’ve been on) on day 6 and told the clerk that I wanted to use my D discount.  She looked at her computer and said that it actually shows me as D+!  I’m now 99% confident that we’ll have no issues on Ovation, leaving 1% for a typical Royal IT screwup somehow. 

I was very impressed that Lisha not only took care of my concern, but also personally called to confirm. Great service!

• Like 17

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Misc. thought two…using Cruise Critic on a phone sucks for several reasons. I usually use a desktop. Don’t know how you phone only people do it. 

Bob - I totally feel your pain - the 1st time I tried to do it - it was so hard & thought the same thing "how are all these people doing it on their phones?!?".  I still find it bad as I am on my laptop all the time.  We are old school I guess.😁

You will have a nice hot sunny day in Vancouver today.  Have a nice "rest" before the Ovation.

Canuck

• Like 2

I’m so jealous you got to take the train. I wanted to in May for my Ovation trip, but had to settle for the bus. It wasn’t bad, but definitely would have preferred the train. I’m anxious to get back on Ovation in March from Sydney. Love that ship.

Carlington may still be the Diamond Concierge on board. Great guy!

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Misc. thought two…using Cruise Critic on a phone sucks for several reasons. I usually use a desktop. Don’t know how you phone only people do it. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Lots of patience and good eyesight?

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Eyesight isn’t a problem but patience certainly is. So are fat thumbs. 

I feel the same way. I lack the patience & dexterity to do CC by phone.  I'll read posts & hit the "Like/Laugh/Thanks" button from the phone but writing any long posts - long being anything more than 2 sentences - I'd rather do from my laptop. 

You can always tell when I write a long post from my phone. Lots of spelling and grammar errors that I lack the patience to go back & correct.

Love the pictures from the train.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

To my surprise, Lisha called our cabin on day 4 to confirm that the Ovation LA had replied and we were all set. I bought a ship model (we have one for every ship we’ve been on) on day 6 and told the clerk that I wanted to use my D discount.  She looked at her computer and said that it actually shows me as D+!  I’m now 99% confident that we’ll have no issues on Ovation, leaving 1% for a typical Royal IT screwup somehow. 

That's awesome. Congratulations  on being D+!!!

I'm the same way. Especially for doing a review. My fat fingers and eyesight are too bad for the phone.

28 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I’m so jealous you got to take the train. I wanted to in May for my Ovation trip, but had to settle for the bus. It wasn’t bad, but definitely would have preferred the train. I’m anxious to get back on Ovation in March from Sydney. Love that ship.

Carlington may still be the Diamond Concierge on board. Great guy!

The train has been great. Beautiful views almost the whole way. We’re happy that we didn’t take the bus!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The train has been great. Beautiful views almost the whole way. We’re happy that we didn’t take the bus!

I don't often do it myself but if time permits, train travel is the way to go.  Don't have the hassle of flying & getting to and from the airport, much more comfortable & relaxing than a bus.  The only downside - other than not having the freedom of a car - is that sometimes the train schedules are less than ideal, especially long distance.  If only more people would take a train, there would be more trains.

• Like 1