Quantum & Ovation Plus - 30 Day Live (hopefully)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Since you guys are obviously men of taste, here’s the new Olukais that I plan to buy when I get home. 

2D513952-AAB6-44E2-8CCB-45DA34A050A0.thumb.webp.ae6e004d5583bd1af35f3e2a61974498.webp

Nothing says Florida quite like a pair of men’s slip on leather shoes!  🤣

Looks nice.  Did you try them on?.

We always like seeing the Big L on the mountain above Lahaina. It’s been there forever. It represents, and is maintained by, the Lahaina High School. 

https://www.mauihawaii.org/l-lahaina/

9E7396F3-D34C-4B9E-9247-7A6DBF6AA9E0.thumb.jpeg.ebc2f9678b3f620538fa5e2e20eadcd1.jpeg

I'm always surprised that they haven't planted anything where all the fields of sugarcane used to be above Lahaina. 🤔

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The did songs and dance from many Polynesian countries and cultures. Very entertaining, especially the 8 year old buy and 9 year old girl. Already heavily into the family business!  I took several 15-30 second clips of most of the dances and quickly strung them all together:

Great stuff. 

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Since you guys are obviously men of taste, here’s the new Olukais that I plan to buy when I get home. 

2D513952-AAB6-44E2-8CCB-45DA34A050A0.thumb.webp.ae6e004d5583bd1af35f3e2a61974498.webp

Nothing says Florida quite like a pair of men’s slip on leather shoes!  🤣

Oh man I really like those shoes. You have gotten me hooked.

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh man I really like those shoes. You have gotten me hooked.

Moving to Florida when you retire might be cliche, but you can wear Olukais year round. Oh yeah, and no state income tax. Just ask Tyreek why he chose the Dolphins over the Jets when he left KC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes. I know just what size to order. 😉. I didn’t really need to try them on since they’re the same size as the others that I already have. 

Love slip on shoes , my problem is finding size 15 w. Bills should have a easy game tomorrow, we will be in Denver next week will definitely need to find someplace showing Bills vs KC that should be a great game. 

• Like 1

Dinner tonight at the Lahaina Fish Company. It’s a tradition for us. Different view. 

F6E47A21-06BF-4A4D-AD52-C4F7131B9A65.thumb.jpeg.fd93492b281fa96e873bfaefb34e9d9b.jpeg

And a different Mai Tai recipe.  Very tasty but I like the Hula Grill Mai Tai better. It’s made with POG juice (pineapple, orange, guava) where the Lahaina Fish Co. version is pineapple juice and orange curaçao, but no guava. 

C8FA60B3-753E-43AF-A10E-B90D4797CB21.thumb.jpeg.bc8a5ef4c5fd916333984ef5ac124569.jpeg

For those concerned with Micheline’s well being, she’s drinking a Babich Sauvignon Blanc. One of her favorites. 

• Like 7

Another great meal. Wow. We started with a grilled Spanish octopus appetizer. Served with olive oil, capers, artichoke hearts, cherry pepper, grape tomatoes, and a bunch of other seasoning. The waiter told us to include a bit of everything in every bite. Great advice. 

C00EEB84-57BF-4E01-8A82-7CF2FC0A7596.thumb.jpeg.e1ae0967a40956e70d243317458ed374.jpeg

We again both went with the same entree, the Opah fish. Micheline had it grilled and I had it blackened, since the waiter said it was a light spice. I don’t like when the blackened seasoning overpowers the main food item. Apologies for not taking a picture before taking a few bites

5273CFDE-023F-45C0-9400-0BB48EBD0F18.thumb.jpeg.ad98f31710a0726996f6b4a4ce5a9602.jpeg

Fish was served with mashed potatoes that contained Maui onions. The mashed potatoes were almost as good as the fish. 

The only problem is that I don’t think I left enough room for Ululani’s shave ice for dessert. I might have to wait for Kauai for my shave ice fix. 

• Like 5

Good morning from the Pier 2 Cruise Terminal in Honolulu. We are docked and about ready to begin disembarking. No rush for us this morning. We have an 11:40 flight this

morning to Kauai. We’ll grab a bite and use the 8:15 suite walk off. Plenty of time to get a taxi to the airport.

More to come.  Go Bills!

A20CF4E1-4AE7-448D-9731-55AD757D9FC9.thumb.jpeg.392eff6b88151ea1ed110d9ea9f04105.jpeg

• Like 7

More to come.  Go Bills!

How does it feel to have a 7am game start?   I am afraid the Bills will really thump us today.  We are missing TJ, and there are a lot of growing pains to go through now.  

Aloha. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

How does it feel to have a 7am game start?   I am afraid the Bills will really thump us today.  We are missing TJ, and there are a lot of growing pains to go through now.  

Aloha. 

I hope he was able to see Josh Allen throw that 98 yard TD 😁😁😁
first QB to throw for over 300 yards in first half this season.

Edited by George C

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Aloha. 

11 minutes ago, George C said:

I hope he was able to see Josh Allen throw that 98 yard TD 😁😁😁
first QB to throw for over 300 yards in first half this season.

Weird starting at 7:00. I’ve not been able to watch on TV but have been following updates on my phone. Thought maybe it was a mistake when it said that Josh threw a 98 yard TD on the first drive🤣🤣. Currently up 31-3 with Josh throwing about 350 yards and 4 TDs in the first half alone. I’m comfortable not being able to see this game, they seem to be able to win without me. Although it would be fun to watch (unless you’re a Steelers fan). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Weird starting at 7:00. I’ve not been able to watch on TV but have been following updates on my phone. Thought maybe it was a mistake when it said that Josh threw a 98 yard TD on the first drive🤣🤣. Currently up 31-3 with Josh throwing about 350 yards and 4 TDs in the first half alone. I’m comfortable not being able to see this game, they seem to be able to win without me. Although it would be fun to watch (unless you’re a Steelers fan). 

Giants game started 8:30 my time from London, huge upset win against Green Bay .

• Like 1

VERY easy disembarkation process. One of the easiest that I’ve ever had. Carlington, the Suite Concierge, met us in Wonderland for a suite walkoff. Left the restaurant at 8:10. Walked straight down to the luggage area where we quickly found our bags. No customs since we cleared customs in Vancouver and didn’t visit any foreign countries. Walked to the taxi line and straight onto a taxi. Quick drive to the airport. We’re flying first class on Hawaiian so while the check in area was very busy, no wait in the first class line. TSA pre check line was also empty. We were sitting at our gate at 8:40. Thirty minutes total from Wonderland to gate. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1