Quantum & Ovation Plus - 30 Day Live (hopefully)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

There are a lot of waterfalls in that 1st pic.  I bet that was a fun ride.

There were waterfalls everywhere, and a lot of dry waterfalls also. Our pilot said that it hasn’t rained much in the last 3 weeks so some are currently dried up. It must be amazing after a heavy rain. 

• Like 3

I just looked at all of the video clips that I recorded during our helicopter tour. I had planned to spend time editing the clips into a nice video with themed background music. I may still do that when I get home and have a real computer. Probably not, but maybe. No way that would happen on a phone. In the meantime, I threw all of the clips into iMovie and uploaded the result in YouTube. Enjoy!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

It looks like you had perfect weather for your helicopter tour. Great pictures and video.

When I did a tour, years ago, they set us down on one of those beaches along the Nāpali Coast. I wonder if any of the tours do that anymore?

It looks like you had both doors off for the flight. 

Good morning from paradise. It’s day 3 on Kauai. We have a sunset dinner cruise booked for this afternoon starting at 2:00. We’ll get to see the Na Pali Coast again, only from water level and hopefully with beautiful golden sunset light painting the cliffs. There’s a chance of rain this afternoon but hopefully it will be just a slight bit of liquid aloha. We’re headed to Poipu beach this morning for some snorkeling. First things first…coffee and breakfast. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It looks like you had perfect weather for your helicopter tour. Great pictures and video.

When I did a tour, years ago, they set us down on one of those beaches along the Nāpali Coast. I wonder if any of the tours do that anymore?

It looks like you had both doors off for the flight. 

The weather was great. It looked cloudy from the heliport but that’s apparently typical and was just over the center of the island…the highest. All helicopters seem to follow more or less the same hour long tour.  We saw several other helicopters doing the same thing ahead or behind us. 

I don’t know about setting down on a beach but we did see one set down at the base of “Jurassic Fall”, where they filmed the waterfall scene for the movie. That’s part of a movie themed tour since many movies have been filmed here. 

We did have both doors off. Micheline was SO glad that she decided to go doorless. What an experience. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Nice video.   Noticed some of the dry waterfalls in the video.   That guy sure has a fun occupation. 

He was fun to talk to.  His name was Stefan and he was from Switzerland near Zurich. He’s been flying helicopters since 2016 but only moved to Kauai a couple of months ago. He sure knew his island history, or maybe did a good job of making things up that sound good. 😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We’ll get to see the Na Pali Coast again, only from water level and hopefully with beautiful golden sunset light painting the cliffs.

You're in for a real treat [not that the helicopter's was less 😉].

We've done the "sail by" while cruising with POA.     A m a z i n g.

• Like 4

Slight change of plans. It was a little cloudy with a chance of rain this morning so we cancelled the morning snorkeling idea, for now. Instead, Micheline is enjoying some shopping therapy at The Shops at Kukuiula. They have a Blue Ginger, which is one of her favorite stores. I’m relaxing on an outdoor bench in the middle of the shopping area while sipping on a double espresso and listening to Hawaiian music. I can go for this kind of shopping. I might wander to the Tommy Bahama store. 😉

29B17CA0-ACE8-41BD-B8CB-7C0A7A4C537D.thumb.jpeg.dfd7251f8a2128efb8a521a8e19bac9f.jpeg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just looked at all of the video clips that I recorded during our helicopter tour. I had planned to spend time editing the clips into a nice video with 

I think you said before but I could not find it -  what camera equipment did you use for pictures and video? 

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

March 2016. For a once in a lifetime trip, we really got a nice taste of Hawaii. 4 islands, with overnights in Maui and Kauai. We rented ahead cars in every port.

We have never been and POA would give us the opportunity to island hop.  Not crazy about the ship but not crazy about 5 sea days to get there on celebrity from Vancouver.  It’s on the top of our very long  cruise bucket list.    Thanks, 😊 

Edited by maggieq

3 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Not crazy about the ship

We knew that the ship is not our "cup of tea" before hand, and it didn't "disappoint"....

Nevertheless, we choose to ignore "the ship", and focused on the advantages of its unique itinerary. Given the constraints of BUDGET and time, we were happy with the "results". First time for us not in a balcony.

As long as you go with very low expectations, and treat the ship as a moving hotel, where you don't spend much time, you'll be OK. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

As long as you go with very low expectations, and treat the ship as a moving hotel, where you don't spend much time, you'll be OK. 

Very generous of you.  I have heard others refer to it as moving motel. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good morning from paradise. It’s day 3 on Kauai. We have a sunset dinner cruise booked for this afternoon starting at 2:00. We’ll get to see the Na Pali Coast again, only from water level and hopefully with beautiful golden sunset light painting the cliffs. There’s a chance of rain this afternoon but hopefully it will be just a slight bit of liquid aloha. We’re headed to Poipu beach this morning for some snorkeling. First things first…coffee and breakfast. 

Maybe a chance for a rainbow on your dinner cruise. That would be neat in your pictures. 🌈

Edited by Jimbo

18 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just looked at all of the video clips that I recorded during our helicopter tour. I had planned to spend time editing the clips into a nice video with themed background music. I may still do that when I get home and have a real computer. Probably not, but maybe. No way that would happen on a phone. In the meantime, I threw all of the clips into iMovie and uploaded the result in YouTube. Enjoy!

What a beautiful day you had for your helicopter tour.  We did the same tour when we were in Kauai a few years ago, but the weather was cloudy and windy.  We thought they might cancel, but no.  Unfortunately, I should have taken dramamine before our tour.  From your video I can see what I missed out on by keeping my eyes closed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I think you said before but I could not find it -  what camera equipment did you use for pictures and video? 

Everything is shot with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Left my Canon 7D and lenses at home. I’ll often use the Lightroom App to shoot images in raw format and then do some post processing. Video is shot with the standard iPhone Photos app. 

• Like 4